What are some things that should be in the Cataclysm?

The crafting recipe for the thermometer would be nic

The autodoc too considering that your character is capable of crafting very intricate electronics as well as doing chemistry at a super scientist level, but somehow can’t figure out how to fill a glass tube with Mercury or slap together a robot doctor

1 Like

I know its been mentioned but I would love to see FoV added to the game, it would make the games use of sound far more interesting, and it would certainly be awesome to be involved in crafting or whatever for a long period of time only to hear a bunch of noise and turn around to see a bunch of rotting husks several tiles away ready to eat your face.

1 Like

Not really a main game thing, but maybe like a epidemic mod that makes a super virus instead of zombies, along with quarintined cities and such, with more emphasis on npc’s than monsters too.

Also don’t mean to reinstate it, but there should be a pre-cataclysm war mod too…

Activating doors and windows while crouched should minimize noise made. This would compliment the stealth mechanics, allowing for uninterrupted infiltration even in less than ideal circumstances. To improve upon that would be to track the direction a creature is facing and have the sprite angled accordingly, this would give the player an idea of a creature’s line of sight. Silently approaching with melee, throwing an object, or shooting silent weapons at a creature facing a few degrees within the opposite direction should yield a guarantee critical hit. Combined with a few traits, this could make for an undetectably lethal playthrough.

5 Likes

Cure(s). This item would spawn rarely in Labs, and could be crafted. There would be 2 kinds of cures.

1. Zombie/Blob Cure. To craft this, you would need: Ingredients: 3 blob globs, 12 tainted meats, 3 slime mutagens, and 1 water/clean water. Tools: tools with 3 cooking quality, 3 chemical making quality, 1 boiling quality, and 1 distilling quality. Skills: 10 cooking, 8 first aid, and 10 survival.
  2. Fungal Cure. To craft this, you would need: Ingredients: 1 marloss gelatin, 3, fungal seeds, 8 marloss berries, 10 tainted veggies, and 1 fluid sac. . Tools: tools with 3 cooking quality, 3 chemical making quality, 1 boiling quality, and 1 distilling quality. Skills: 10 cooking, 8 first aid, and 10 survival.
    1 batch produces 20 portions.
    You need a syringe to inject it.
    When taken, the Blob Cure will make a character/NPC immune to wound infection. The Fungal Cure would make any character/NPC immune to fungal infections when taken.
    Could be used as a quest item.

What do you all think?

Reading PDFs from a computer; educational books and what not :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why don’t add more functionality to the E-Ink tablets ? Make them able to scan books to get the information and not depend on RNG from SD cards

4 Likes

I believe thermometers are more than just a tube with mercury in it, as they’re components for temperature regulation in fridges and freezers.

There’s a mod for scanning books into the tablet.

1 Like

If they are components in refrigerators then they should drop from the house fridges when i disassemble them

Using NPCs as scouts. There should be an option to send them to a given unexplored area of a world map. Our world map should be updated if their scouting mission is accomplished (when they return to the player). Time of their travel should be strictly connected with the distance between the scouting area and the player’s position

1 Like

Can I get a name or link please ?

Oh this is it:

Unfortunately it appears to use LUA like most of the Japanese mods.

Somebody made a PR for that not long ago, it may even be in by now.

1 Like

I think that the need for a regular sharpening various weapons and tools would be nice

1 Like

More than five cbms require the characters to have a tool box for regular self maintenance.

1 Like

Videos/DVD’s as a learning source. Watchable instructive videos that teach you faster at the cost of generating light and sound, and you have to find some way to power them. I could see something like this being useful for training a bunch of NPC’s in various tasks, could provide a huge morale boost too. While I’m at it, note-taking. If you’ve got a pen and a notebook you can auto-memorize everything in a book you’re reading when you can no longer learn from it, at the cost of reading more slowly.

4 Likes

I could see this becoming rapidly infuriating for zero payoff.

4 Likes

Like the new battery system and new interface layout? yeah. As long as the toolbox was on you nothing need be done. only after a few days without it would you become unhinged heheh.

“Two wrongs don’t make a right”
The only characters I see this hurting would be new characters that start with enough bionics, otherwise it would just be more stuff you need to keep to hand. Also most bionics are internal from what I can tell so I don’t see how much use a toolbox would be for maintainence.

Now if they ever implement a limb loss + bionic/prosthetic(mutation based regrow, though that wouldn’t count here) replacement system, I could see it being a useful mechanic. I saw somewhere on here someone suggesting that bionics limbs (regular prosthetics too imo) should only be repairable to replace lost hp rather then being able to sleep it off like a flesh and blood limb and I’d be totally behind that. It could also give a much needed boost to certain mutation lines that could gain a “regrow limb trait” such as the lizard or spider lines.

3 Likes

I agree with the lost HP part totally. See terminator wrist and eye repair scene. Lol.

Cyberpunk 2020/2077 style body conversion

Put your brain and some organs at a Robotic boddy and become a machine

1 Like