Bookscanner mod

Hello! I made Bookscanner mod written in Japanese a few weeks ago and uploaded to Japanese wiki.
In these days, kindfully, Regularitee translated my mod.(Thx!)
bookscanner(GitHub)

Features of this mod

• Digitize your books and save to your e-tablet
  • Craft items with digitized books
    (Reading digitized books is current not supported, because of LUA support is insufficient…)

This sounds interesting…

Wiki page 403’s for me, but it sounds kinda awesome. Tablets don’t have enough uses and this is a great addition in that regard.
Reading should be made available asap.

Wiki page 403’s for me,

Uhmm…It may be region problem.

Reading should be made available asap.

I’d love to, but I need more lua exposed c++ clesses and functions.

very awesome thank you!

I’m not a “code” person, would it be possible to do in the future, considering these two ?

edit: sorry for DMing i forgot it emails people. :upside_down_face:

Hey, it’s meeee. Glad you’re happy. To be honest, I felt a bit guilty about translating and rehosting it without permission, but there was no author mentioned on the wiki to ask permission rfrom. (Or I missed it in translation). Glad to hear you’re okay with it.

I will update the license as you requested on GitHub. Sorry, I didn’t see it until just now. I updated the readme to include your user name and the license you wanted.

Great mod, by the way.

maybe yes. Cullently, It is said that LUA may be axed 0.D. But before 0.D, we can put anything relating to LUA(unless not affecting non-LUA codes). I’m planning make some PRs.
Additionally, if many mods came to use LUA codes, that decision is overturned. Or even if LUA is axed, someone(like me) fork and distribute LUA remaining C:DDA. so I think developing LUA is not waste anyway.

Thank you for your translation! It becomes cause that I use this forum, and I made this mod licensed in CC-SA3.0. so you never needs to feel guilty.

Features should make this mod better.

-Tablets scan books in 20-45 minutes depending on size of the book.
-Smart Phone should allow same feature, exception = slower reading digital book because small screen.
-Recipes can be crafted from either device and less weight from many books.

New feature: Reading is supported!
I tested 0.C-7936.
Latest files(GitHub)

Coolest feature ever

Future plans:

• Scanning time increasing proportional to book volume.
  • Read time increasing. (alleviated by computer skill.)
  • Notebook is to have ability to read digitized books. (less read speed penalty)
  • Place that contains many digitized books. (like Amazon server center)

Honestly, for all but the shortest books, I don’t think it should be possible to completely copy the book, for balance reasons. That said, I do think it should be possible to jot down all the recipes in an e-ink tablet(or smartphone, I guess), for later use. This means that if you’re wanting to raise your skill, you need the book, if you’re just wanting the recipes, you could copy them down and ditch the book.