What are some things that should be in the Cataclysm?

XL gas mask, pretty much.

1 Like

Maybe something has changed but last I looked at it you couldn’t wear XL gas masks with muzzles and beaks?

Never use it so I wouldn’t know.
“Designed to accommodate exotic anatomy.”

Maybe an oversight? Really does sound like it’d work.

http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Lupine_Muzzle
http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Beak
The wiki is outdated on some stuff though so it could be wrong

edit: It could be just referring to size, there is quite a lot of stuff you can’t wear if you pick up one of the size increase mutations.

Well try it out. Summon a bunch of mutagen with the dev menu and then an XL mask.

Turns out you can wear the extra large one, I guess I should ask for the mutation description and wiki to be changed instead :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: sort of makes me regret everytime I’ve purfied something like that away now (which is everytime I’ve gotten it)

1 Like

Embrasures/arrow slits as a construction item, also for vehicles.
More Non overpowered mutations in charterer creation menu for experiment start.
More mutations in general.

Other than that I love how things have been going minus the ui change.

3 Likes

I would love to see implemented a greenhouse type building with some vegetables inside or perhaps gardening tools! :smiley:

We already have community greenhouse’s and small gardening area’s,if that is what you meant. It would however be nice to see them in privat houses backyards too, like a tiny one, the interel area would be 3x6, not couting the glass walls.

that would actually be really cool to see.

Here is a little sketch i made of how they would look:

4 Likes

I’d like to see an enhanced sewer system that’s several tiles wider to accommodate a dedicated walkway which contains corridors for manhole ladders, could also occasionally have homeless camps and survivor hideouts, proving to be a safe haven in a massive city layout.

12 Likes

Yes yes and yes. This would be awesome.

I’d love to see some of these! They could look cool on top of some buildings as well as on backyards, alleyways, etc

Train engines in subways. And unattached cars. You could use them as a quick base.

2 Likes

Broken trains in subways could be added, using a variation of the code that does aircraft wreckage.

10 Likes

Lamb doner kebabs!
They only give a morale boost when you’re drunk. Otherwise you’re left thinking “why did I eat that?” if you eat one when sober

Shotgun get spread?

Otherwise, I know this doesn’t really change the range issue with guns currently, but maybe everything has the same range, but effectiveness and TTA (Time To Aim, trademarking it baby) scales compared to the type of gun, round, and specific gun…

1 Like

IRL, buckshot has no appreciable spread against human size targets at ranges where buckshot is effective against human size targets.

Sawed off and short barrel shotguns are perfectly effective in CDDA as low weight, short range, emergency weapons. A KSG in your survivor harness is a great weapon for dealing with surprise brutes at near point blank range.

6 Likes

Agreed. Also shotgun pellet spread is almost never a good thing in any game. besides that the ammunition is super heavy so it’s already balanced in the fact that it’s low capacity and heavy as well as bulky.

in every video game I’ve played where the shotgun spreads out the way people think it’s supposed to, (IE wrong, Hollywood style) you have a weapon that’s only effective from 6 inches away and passed that is about as effective as a French tickler.

2 Likes

How often do Hollywood fellas shoot guns? A three inch double ought spread can ass fuck anything out to 50 to 70 yards (150 feet) not sure what the game square range would be?

I do think the range of shotguns in game is a little off now that you mention it. But then again, an M2 Browning turret should be able to consistently get hits close to a mile a way considering it’s computerized.

2 Likes