Wearable corpses

Now this might sound crazy, but how many programs or games have you seen where characters tie corpses to themselves to help with transport.

So small corpses like rabbits, crows, squirrels, spiders etc, can be turned into bound X corpse with a couple of pieces of string and then worn (Maybe limited to 5 or 6 small corpses)

Medium corpses like cougars, coyotes, wolves, (maybe deer?) require some rope and are limited to 2 or 3 to be worn

Large corpses like bears, moose, (again deer?) require a heavy stick and some rope and only 1 can be worn at a time.

1 Like

They could eliminate the volume of the corpse, but add encumbrance instead. That way, when you strap small animals to your vest or what-have-you, you can carry a lot more, but your torso will get encumbered, making it hard to fight. Maybe have taking the corpses off be a short action, but still take up ticks, so you cant just dump them and fight at the first sign of trouble?

I enjoy making the game harder for myself, even though I hardly ever last a week.

Something tells me that carrying one hundred-fifty pound deer is going to be quite enough to keep you occupied, to say nothing of two or three. And about carrying an eight foot long, five foot high, nine hundred pound moose… not gonna happen unless you’re fricking Iron Man.

That said, field dressing animals would be quite helpful in reducing their weight.

I meant with small animals. Squirrels and rabbits and such. For larger animals, it would be a better idea to get the meat right then and there.

Yeah, that was @ Samscale. Probably should have quoted.

Yeah, that was @ Samscale. Probably should have quoted.[/quote]

Oh, my bad, then. Although the image of a man wearing twelve bears on his vest is pretty amusing.

Yea, not a bad idea, “game carrying harness (small/medium/large)”, which you could 'a’pply to corpses and then wear. Appplying again would remove the corpse from the harness. Applying wouldn’t reduce volume, it just doesn’t count for anything once you’ve worn it.

Field dressing probably wouldn’t be too bad to add either, possibly just add a “field dressed” flag that tells the weight code to apply a discount, and is ignored by the butcher code.

[quote=“Morrigi, post:3, topic:1963”]Something tells me that carrying one hundred-fifty pound deer is going to be quite enough to keep you occupied, to say nothing of two or three. And about carrying an eight foot long, five foot high, nine hundred pound moose… not gonna happen unless you’re fricking Iron Man.

That said, field dressing animals would be quite helpful in reducing their weight.[/quote]

You’re forgetting power armor.

You could have the “deer on a stick” or nine or so rabbits, but doesn’t it only affect encumberance - there is still a weight limit of how much you can pick up? I immediatelly brainstormed shopping carts, but it seems they’d be unfit for rough terrain, even in woods; other carts… well, threre are bicycles, boxes too?
I’ve seen some terrible weights, up to 50 liters of liquid on each side of a sturdy pole that’s leaning onto shoulders, but that’s that. Since pack mules are out of order, it’s time to go r.o.b.o.t. and not much else. :wink:

I was hoping this topic would be about wearing human skin clothing like in Silence of the Lambs. Oh well.

Oh, good just binding small game up for easier storage, and here I was sure this thread was going to be for a Leatherface level ‘zombie disguise suit’ using a combo of first aid, survival, and tailoring.

I read the title and started thinking about wearing hollowed-out bear paws as mittens.

The right to bear arms, indeed.

1 Like

[quote=“Rivet, post:12, topic:1963”]I read the title and started thinking about wearing hollowed-out bear paws as mittens.

The right to bear arms, indeed.[/quote]

Yeah, who needs a wolf suit when you can have BearWear ™?

[quote=“Rivet, post:12, topic:1963”]I read the title and started thinking about wearing hollowed-out bear paws as mittens.

The right to bear arms, indeed.[/quote]

Reminds of karl may/ winnetou and old shatterhand. Pretty sure after his first grizzly bear kill someone tells shatterhand the paws are the best meat, especially if they are ripe with maggots already wiggling in them. was pretty grossed out as a kid.

I immediatelly brainstormed shopping carts, but it seems they'd be unfit for rough terrain, even in woods

Shopping carts are practically unfit for the store floors they live in! Wheelbarrows might do better.

Would being covered in corpses do anything for how predators track you? I’d imagine that’d smell pretty delicious.

I was also thinking certain items should be able to be carried without any volume use-up with a special item. Maybe the holster would remove volume from one pistol instead of just adding a bit of volume like it does now. And a strap could be an attachment to rifles/SMGs that make it so they dont have any volume-usage.

Also, how about a 'camping backpack’
Same as a normal backpack, but if you have it, volume on one tent and one rollmat arent counted.

I am assuming that, again, in your proposal, encumbrance would still be an issue for these?

of course. Added encumbrance and weight, but since they’d be strapped to the backpack (instead of inside it) they wouldnt take up any volume (Since they’d be strapped to the backpack itself, and not inside it, again)
The camping backpack could also weight slightly more, thanks to the straps.

i don’t remember where , but i once heard someone saying “im gonna year you like a condom”.

and that was the first thing i remembered when i saw this thread.

Makes sense to me Tee. I like the mutability of carrying things On or In. That will come in handy if-when containers get added, since the last item you /really/ want but can’t fit in that rucksack can encumber you instead of taking up a wielding slot. Still clumsy as hell in combat, but a bit more believable in some instances (such as when no backpacks are available but somehow you’re carrying a fair armload).