The ability to drag bodies

While this wouldn’t add a huge amount to the game I think it would add to immersion.
Maybe the ability to drag knocked out zombies into a room and then set traps with them.

Well, you can pick up the corpses like items and move them around already… :confused:

Drop what’s in your hands

Pick up body

You are now carrying a body.

But what about other things like car engines that are just too heavy to carry around?

If the desired engine is inside a car:

1.grab the car using capital G+Direction

2.Move it to your workshop or your other vehicle.

3.Un grab the car and take its engine

4.Use the engine where you wanted to.

If the engine is not inside a car, then just pick it up on your hands and go to your destination, ignoring any monsters or pain (if you have a light vehicle with storage space near you, then put the engine there)

Well what Aravhorn said… but i would recommend only trying his last suggestion /search a shopping cart or something similiar grab it and put that engine in there.

The other points are either unfeasable or to risky…

The amount of sarcastic replies and non helpful comments in this suggestion is disgusting. I think it would be fun to grab bodies. Maybe, if future NPCs see dead zombies they could start looking around to search for the killer? What about grabbing it to disguise your base with it´s smell?

But its not actually needed to be able to grab them corpses.
You can put them into your inventory or into a vehicle frame if you desire to move them arround.
Although it might be more convenient in some situations to be able to drag them arround… and it would somehow make sense that it is doable.

Perhaps the devs had a specific reason for not enabling this?

Well, it could be awesome if, when dragging a body, it would drag all the items it had with it.

What about grabbing it to disguise your base with it´s smell?

Now that would be useful, because my base is just flooded with undead bodies, waiting to be used. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats true would make it very convenient for when i just wanna move that z outa the door frame to close it :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s nothing specifically wrong with the feature, it’s just not a high priority.
It’s a little hard to track which item you’re dragging if you for example drag the corpse over another pile of corpses.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:12, topic:7230”]There’s nothing specifically wrong with the feature, it’s just not a high priority.
It’s a little hard to track which item you’re dragging if you for example drag the corpse over another pile of corpses.[/quote]
Katamari mod confirmed for CDDA?

[quote=“Hibou, post:13, topic:7230”][quote=“Kevin Granade, post:12, topic:7230”]There’s nothing specifically wrong with the feature, it’s just not a high priority.
It’s a little hard to track which item you’re dragging if you for example drag the corpse over another pile of corpses.[/quote]
Katamari mod confirmed for CDDA?[/quote]

Muahaha

well, i do it like this:

1. stand ajacent to the body and the direction i want to move it into.
  2. press /
  3. select the tile where the body is as the source, and the correct direction to move it into as destination.
  4. press ,
  5. voila! i moved the body and everything in it 2 tiles away.
  6. go to (1) and repeat until the body is where you want it.

it simulates ‘dragging’ more or less correctly IMO
i also use it for heavy stuff if i have no cart around. beats picking them up.

I think instead of dragging boddies a push/pull command would be very helpful to the game in general. Like when you don’t want to wrack up pain carrying a full barrel or a giant motor a few tiles, or just interacting with anything that is too heavy to carry around but not to push. Maybe you could pop a wreck into neutral and push it out of the way instead of deconstructing it piece by piece with a hacksaw or crashing into it at particle accelerator vehicle speeds.