Wearable corpses

Or maybe a really easily craftable sack that you can sling over your shoulder. Gives pretty great volume, but you cant wield anything else while carrying it, and it slows you down a fair bit.
I also think there should be a time penalty for taking things out/putting things into your inventory. The whole “Drop everything before fighting a zombambo” strategy is sort of cheap.

At some point, yes. I’ve actually worn double backpacks though, and it does not take much time to get them off save for slipping your arms and letting it fall. I’d be worried about glass stuff more than speed.

Took longer to get back on, than off, if you’re looking at the above example. Not sure if irl situation equates to anything resembling a balanced game setup though.

In addition, slings can actually make rifles easier to wield if they’re worn properly.

I imagine this being like how hunters would attach ducks to their belts in some way, or how fisherman have those little trees of hooks to carry a bunch of things.

Being a hunter, tying small game to myself during hunting is very viable for small game.

Larger game require a noose with a good handle for dragging it along, so I don’t have to carry that goddamn bear on my shoulders. Also de-gutting an animal removes a lot of liquid weight so it would be much lighter.