We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas

From the south you hear “Mommy, where have you gone?”
From the south you hear “What have you done with Mommy?!?”
You have been thrown into a wall and died.[/quote]

That’s so EPIC. Waiting to be sigged!

A special ring that, when worn, turns the player invisible.

no ground check upon firing. Last bullet, clip auto ejects, creating the ping…unless I am mistaken…experienced axis soldiers would listen for that tell-tale ping before charging american soldiers. To counter this Americans started counting shots and ejecting manually before the last shot.

therefore… ping sound at your location on last bullet fired, and not horrible suggestion because thats IRL accurate.

but summons demon riders that can’t be killed, and search for for you by scent, and vague knowledge of the area you are in. After first time they are always present and always looking for you, best leave the ring behind…

but summons demon riders that can’t be killed, and search for for you by scent, and vague knowledge of the area you are in. After first time they are always present and always looking for you, best leave the ring behind…[/quote]
Sooo… An artifact ring that turns you invisible, creates shadows, and has an evil presence? I had a ring with the first two at one point.

but summons demon riders that can’t be killed, and search for for you by scent, and vague knowledge of the area you are in. After first time they are always present and always looking for you, best leave the ring behind…[/quote]
If I remember correctly someone on the IRC got an artifact that ended up being called “ring of the flames” or something similar and gave invisibility and Nether attention when you wore it just a week or so back. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m fairly certain the ping is from the ejected en-bloc clip landing, actually. In fact, a few American soldiers would turn that “jump them while they’re reloading” tactic against the Germans and Japanese by tossing an empty en-bloc and hoping someone was dumb enough to poke their head out of cover. o3o

Also, for more derp ideas…life jacket, plus sand, equals improvised ballistic vest. That is genuinely something people have been crazy enough to try.

…but does it work?

That’s something I should look up. Chances are you’re gonna have a bad day even if it does work. o3o

I think I recall reading a guy testing sandbags and found that 6 inches of sand was just enough to handle a 5.56mm round at fairly close range. While that’s quite a bit more than the amount you’d expect a life jacket to hold, it was also tested at rather close range if I recall. Think it was that “box of truth” guy that tests random crap by setting it up and shooting at it, so let me see if I can find it o3o

EDIT: Found it. The Box O' Truth #7 - The Sands O' Truth | Firearms and Ammuni Forum

6 inches will apparently stop quite a lot. Now if I can just find data on how well the sand jacket fares.

Sure, now you just need to account for the fact that putting 6 inches deep worth of sand in a vest that covers your front, back, and sides would end up weighing about 230lbs just from the weight of the sand alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably, nevermind the fact that I’m not sure if a gutted life jacket can hold enough to equate 6 inches thickness of sand.

Plus the question is more how well it works when getting shot by someone a couple hundred yards away. Rifle rounds are not fun to deal with at point-blank, even in decent modern armor with SAPI plates. owo

This is greatly enlightening. Where can I find my nearest MBR vest (Sand Inserts)?

Now that would be hilarious.

Though if we wanted this to be a serious suggestion and not a Fun one, it would have to be heavy, not as good as real armor, and ideally prone to leaking after a hit or two.

EDIT: literally the only thing I’ve been able to find pertaining to that idea. http://s120.photobucket.com/user/USMILRET/media/gangsta91.jpg.html

There are now phone books in the game. Let me pile them inside the quarterpanels of my car to increase it’s ballistic armor.

Book-plate vehicle armor? owo

More fodder for dumb suggestions: add aircraft to the list of vehicle options. Guaranteed to be derpy as hell regardless of whether you have z-levels turned on. For added Fun, advanced avionics to hassle with, ideally including bugs ranging from altitude display errors to control hangups to random error messages such as calling the pilot an assmuppet.

You can blame an archive binge of a webcomic I found recently for that last bit. owo

Graphine Vest

Drunken brawler should give a steaady stamina gain when drunk

A version of manhacks that shoot pew pew lazers

a different manhack that shoots manhacks

orbital lazer cannons

[quote=“Catfoodbob, post:1895, topic:3101”]Graphine Vest

Drunken brawler should give a steaady stamina gain when drunk

A version of manhacks that shoot pew pew lazers

a different manhack that shoots manhacks

orbital lazer cannons[/quote]

Manhacks that have active mininukes.

Squirrels with active mininukes.

Zombie slave chariots. A couple or so frames being pulled on by six confused zombie slaves, and you accelerate by whipping them… or maybe having a long stick with a string that has a piece of meat attached.

You have no idea what you have just done. >:)

You’re gonna mod in nukehacks, aren’t you? D: