Warning For Stepping On Tedious Tetanus Giving Enviroment

Hey guys, just lost my second character to tetanus by accidently running over a window. So I had a simple suggestion add a Y/N to environment that have a chance to give tetanus, I think such a indirectly deadly and painful disease deserves such a feature so as to avoid future character accidents

I thought you got tetanus from getting cut by rusted metal, not glass…

I haven’t had the curse of tetanus yet, thank god. But I heard its pretty common. I prefer to smash down the doors anyway x)

The construction menu may be able to help.

*->Clean Broken Window

KA101 breaks the window, then rakes his crowbar along the edges, clearing out all the tetanus-carrying glass shards, and then climbs through safely!

Jakers forgets about this method and is ripped into a million pieces by the shards of doom, and dies of tetanus somehow.

*->Clean Broken Window

KA101 breaks the window, then rakes his crowbar along the edges, clearing out all the tetanus-carrying glass shards, and then climbs through safely![/quote]

Have we implemented the double-smashing windows to make them tetanus-free? Seems like a relatively simple fix and doesn’t require pressing * and g to activate.

no…

*->Clean Broken Window

KA101 breaks the window, then rakes his crowbar along the edges, clearing out all the tetanus-carrying glass shards, and then climbs through safely![/quote]

KA101 Were not talking about a controlled situation, im saying accidents happen, say your fighting a zombie that broke through a window, and while fighting it, it steps out of the window, and not playing attention, you accidently make your guy move into it instead of hitting the zombie.

Pay more attention? I don’t think it’s reasonable for the game to try and save you from every kind of bad thing you can do. With a land mine, or poison gas, or a beartrap, it’s pretty obvious that you really didn’t mean to step on it, but it’s totally legitimate to dive through a window to get away from zombies, so we don’t want to hassle you with a prompt every time.

I’ve accidentally moved into a window due to the massive amount of lag sometimes.

its not saving me from a bad things, like a stupid move I know what Im doing, But it cuts down on accidents where people might step on craters or windows and such and did not mean to move at all. plus bear trap, land mine both these things you get Y/N prompt if your perception is high enough. im not saying perception needs to be added to windows but broken windows definitely need a Y/N prompt they’re too common and too easy to accidently indirectly kill yourself by accidently stepping on on
I would far consider it a blessing more than a curse, I NEVER go through broken windows I will find another exit if it means my death.

EDIT I would argue that tetanus is worse than all those traps combined

no…[/quote]
…yes Improve smashing by kevingranade · Pull Request #7743 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub

no…[/quote]
…yes https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/7743[/quote]

Very nice I will keep this in mind for future play

no…[/quote]
…yes https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/7743[/quote]

<Kevin throws on a second pair of sunglasses, while everyone around him silently whispers “yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh”>

A nice merge.

For some reason I feel like watching GitS:SAC again.