The Action Leap™ and various nitpicking fun

This right here made me think it’d be nice to be able to dive through doors/windows in a pinch.

Welding. In case it isn’t already, needs to be a fire hazard. Those sparks are fierce. Random emissions 0-2 tiles away?

Yeah. Maybe it would hurt a LOT on landing (especially through windows) but if you’d built up a sprint it would be sweet to hurtle through a window. Zed would slow up behind you too.

With a random chance to encounter double-pane and shatter your skull.

[I]This is gona look boss![/I] Runs and jumps through a window. “Oh, god why! Who leaves bear traps in houses?!”

Double pane isn’t too bad… Actually ya, that would ruin your day right quick.

On the note of welding being a fire hazard. [U]Please no![/U] The floor of garages (like all floors) are flammable and would remove their purpose.
Not to mention crafting is not interrupted by the presence of fire meaning it would spread and devour your whole place while you keep whistling a happy toon and continue welding your tires back on.

So we put some cement flooring in.

this brings up the issue:

Whatever the fuck is EVERYTHING made out of so that every buildign will burn down with even the smallest of fires?

Incendium.

Probebly, but I’m still betting on some kind of solid rocket fuel.

No, it’s made of refined KillYouAtAnyOpportunityium.

[quote=“Slax, post:1, topic:916”]This right here made me think it’d be nice to be able to dive through doors/windows in a pinch.

Welding. In case it isn’t already, needs to be a fire hazard. Those sparks are fierce. Random emissions 0-2 tiles away?[/quote]

I made that few days ago, together with above ground z-levels, see here:
http://www.cataclysmdda.com/smf/index.php?topic=716.msg9776#msg9776

Try it out:

This how to jump through a window:

You can jump from roof to roof, over traps and fire. And you can also use it as charging attack against monsters, or if you want to smash a door.

Well dang. DANG. That’s just what I was hoping for and then some.
I’d more go for some variations though. Safe (smashing down doors without going through them) jump and rough (no holds barred bum rush) jump? The safe one ending in a slight ouchie situation in case you fail and the rough one messing you up no matter what, only that it has a higher chance of success. Plus it’d let you go right through wooden doors and alike, just like in the video I linked.