Warhammer Cataclysm

[center][i][b]It is the 21st Century. For more than two thousand years The Emperor has been traveling among the different peoples of Mankind, using His ancient wisdom to help where He could in the guise of many different benevolent persons from human myth, religion and history.

Yet even with his restless vigilance, the Dark Age of Technology has started sooner than the Holy Scriptures promised.
Dark forces reanimate the dead, unspeakable xenos walks this Holy Terra. Even the very fabric of reality tears creating portals to the Inmaterium, from which devious daemons spawn.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold millions of dead. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody world imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for nothing but scraps remains. Forget the promise of security and rebuilding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace in Terra, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.[/b][/i][/center]

[i]And this is your story…

The world around you goes down in a chaos of undead and horrors. Close you were to loose your sanity in this whirlwind of death and destruction.

But the Holy Light of The Emperor made you realize that there’s still hope.
By the Holy Scriptures you know The Emperor is out there, somewhere, fighting for humankind, fighting for you. And He needs help.
For this reason you will not let yourself fail The Emperor, as millions of other have done around you.
You will grit, you will fight and you will survive with the wisdom extracted from the Holy Scriptures like the Imperial Infantryman’s Uplifting Primer or the WH40k Rulebook and the Black Library’s novels.

Your armor is contempt. Your shield is disgust. Your sword is hatred. In The Emperor’s name, let none survive.
[/i]

My own spin for a WH40K mod that I’ve been wanting to make for quite some years, but I was too lazy to do it.

This mod adds Warhammer 40K items, mainly Imperial Guard weapons and armor. To craft such wargear you will need to find books such the Imperial Infantryman’s Uplifting Primer and Warhammer 40,000 41th Edition. The weapons are meant to be mid-to-late game, checked the values of the other mod to not go overkill(even if they are overkill lore-wise) and they are all made more because I was bored than because I want them. And because I like having nice OP weapons when I’m in the late-game

So items added:

[ul][li]Imperial Guard flak breastplate, helmet, graves, kneeplates and shoulder pauldrons.[/li]
[li]M36 Kantrael Pattern Lasrifle and D`laku Crusade-pattern Hellgun, both powered by UPS.[/li]
[li]Warhammer 40K Rulebook, Imperial Infantryman’s Uplifting Primer and Black Library’s novels added to your nearest bookstore/mansion/etc.[/li]
[li]Eviscerator and Mk. Xf Hell’s Teeth pattern chainswords, powered by gasoline.[/li]
[li]Godwyn-De az Pattern boltgun and it’s basic .75 caliber bolt rounds with a normal and drum magazines.[/li]
[li]A necklace of the Imperial Aquila. Activating it will give you the blessing of the Emperor. You can only receive His blessing every 24 hours.[/li]
[li]Adeptus Mechanicus robe. Is more a cosmetic item but is fire-proof and water-proof with lots of pockets.[/li][/ul]

I may add more tidbits to 40K-ing the Cataclysm, but there are already mutants, xenos and enough CBMs to make even a Priest of Mars jealous in the vanilla game. 'thou I will look into making mechadendrites as something else than flat extra dex. But that would require me being more knowledgeable about the JSONs, and all the fun things requires flags that are hardcoded or Lua that is going to get axed.
[center]

Download link[/center]

Interesting take on WH40K lore, but isn’t it warhammer 2K? :smiley:

That was one of the names I was toying with, but then I preferred to stick with GW’s model of Warhammer [something].
Althou it could also be used if this was a Warhammer Fantasy mod, but then I don’t like Fantasy.

Also added an Adeptus Mechanicus robe. Is more a cosmetic item, but it offers a lot of storage(pockets everywhere) and protection against fire/water.

Thinking about making a skull version of manhacks, and human skulls. Or servitors in general ala manhack.

Great idea but I personally don’t agree with the whole rewritten warhammer plotline thing, can’t we just pretend this world is actually one of the many lost colonies under siege by heavy Warp presence and filthy mushroom xeno?
Also meeting randomly generated space marine squads out purging filthy undead would be a great touch, you could convince them to spare you with high enough charisma and social skill or get right down to fighting super human demigods and looting their equipments (Of course fighting them would be equal to meleeing Yog Shoggoth).

1 Like

I prefer the self-inserting in core Warhammer 40k pre Dark Age of Technology.

Also I’m playing with Lua, and added a function to the aquila necklace. Now when you activate it you will feel blessed by the Emperor equal to 10 stim points.

I don’t know how to add the blessing to already existing stim, so at the moment I think it resets the stim level, so watch out when you use it.
Will try to change it for adrenaline effect whenever I manage to make work player.add_disease(“adrenaline”, 100).

Edit:

The Omnissiah be praised!

The Machine Spirit has finally lent me a glimpse of its never-ending knowledge.

So now the Imperial Aquila necklace now gives you the high adrenaline effect for a short amount of time.

Also it was player:add_effect(efftype_id(“adrenaline”), 100)

Second edit:

Managed to add a delay of 24h between activation of the Aquila necklace.

It was game:get_calendar_turn():get_turn() not calendar:get_turn(). Now if I could apply this to a drying rack I would be happy.

PS: it turns out that I didn’t needed Lua for the drying rack.

Clearly the Black Library is on the other side of those portals, then, and it’s denying us entry.

Bro I want tyranids and orks on my game

The last time this was updated was 4 years ago, and Alec been gone from this project for awhile.
Pretty sure this mod is dead.

1 Like