Cataclysm 40K

Cataclysim 40K adds elements (objects, weapons, drugs, armor, ammunition, factions (eventually) and other things) of the Warhammer 40000 universe.

At this point, it’s a proof-of-concept to see if it’s possible to integrate the two universes together.

Greenskin-pattern update now live! Get it on Git.

Pepper Uranus for going into cities and towns. They are swarming with nids and Orks.

Yes, I know that itemgroups are not in yet. I’m working on it.

I am forever grateful to everyone that has helped me work though the fledgling stages of code writing!

If there’s enough interest, I’ll look into how to make it bigger and better.

Git: https://github.com/Wulfle/Cataclysim-40K.git

(A-0.01. Godwin-Patterin update) Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u9lpy7m4412w9q8/AACKqIIi2np3ZfRLq-kP6fGWa?dl=0

Please give feedback, however minor.

I am aware the code is a total and complete utter mess. I’m learning how to do this as I go. I made this mod, with no knowledge of the language, in five days.

Github is new to me so please forgive any screwups.

Edit: Double digits in under an hour! Damn, there’s more want for this kind of thing than I thought… Back to work!

Edit: One hundred and sixty times… That’s amazing! I’m not user if it’s from different user but I don’t care! Prepare for some IG stuff next update!

Will be interesting to see. When I get back home later I’ll look into testing and further fiddling with the ork-related content posted in the other thread, then fleshing it out further. Likely will have to screen it behind a recipe book, though. And since all the other guns use magazines, might implement magazines and a belt instead of the current generic “dump loose rounds directly into shoota” setup it uses at present.

Unless that’s more orky, which is tempting. XP

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:2, topic:13558”]Will be interesting to see. When I get back home later I’ll look into testing and further fiddling with the ork-related content posted in the other thread, then fleshing it out further. Likely will have to screen it behind a recipe book, though. And since all the other guns use magazines, might implement magazines and a belt instead of the current generic “dump loose rounds directly into shoota” setup it uses at present.

Unless that’s more orky, which is tempting. XP[/quote]

To be totally honest, I think that I’ll be focusing on Tyranids before any other faction. Also, yeah, a gun that has rounds just sort of dumped into it if very Orky!

Ah, no worries. I can always work on the orky stuff gradually in the meantime, since I’m kinda terrible with the lore of other factions and their gear. :V

Dude, you make the Dakka and I’ll jam it in somewhere with an update. Next up, though, is the Astra Militarum.

Don’t tempt me. <3

tempt Anyway, perhaps you can help me with a little problem. I broke something and now the game’s throwing all kinds of errors and I’m hungry so I’m going to get food while you guys find the bugs. I’ll squash them later…

Ah, lemme grab the mod and take a look.

One thing I’m having trouble with is I can’t figure how to fork from the A-0.01 branch instead of the master branch, as the actual mod content is in the branch instead of master. I’ll sum up what I found though:

• First item group in the file has a separator at the end of the list ( [“hellfire_bolt”, 20], ) which it dislikes.
  • One of the item groups mentions “75Bolt” instead of existing 75bolt. Item IDs are case-sensitive, which is admittedly silly.
  • Seems generic ammo and ammotype “bolt” was split up into “75bolt” and “hellfire_bolt”. Ammo items still cite “bolt” as ammotype, and the ammotype entries still cite “bolt” as their default ammo.

I can’t find it in the code. I’ll fix the branch-master screwup right away.

Can’t find it… Looked up and down the code and it’s simply not there.

Wot?

Doh. Once I can fork the master I’ll do the thing.

…I love how weird github terms sound without context.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:11, topic:13558”]Doh. Once I can fork the master I’ll do the thing.

…I love how weird github terms sound without context.[/quote]

But what about the branch? Can I merge the forked master with the branch?

Lol at the terms.

But yeah, I set the file in the master.

You can merge branches into master, yeah. Usually have to make it like a pull request. In any case, doing the thing.

EDIT: Master version no longer has the excess separator that the other branch had, weird. o.O

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:13, topic:13558”]You can merge branches into master, yeah. Usually have to make it like a pull request. In any case, doing the thing.

EDIT: Master version no longer has the excess separator that the other branch had, weird. o.O[/quote]

…I did a tiny bit of stuff before slamming that master down.

Ah right, I see it now. Stuff’s in the branch that isn’t in master. ^^"

Is the master less full of errors?

Master lacks that minor error but still has the bolt thing. Those are minor and easily fixed though, I just don’t know how to throw the changes at the right branch because I’ve never had to fork a branch instead of master before.

EDIT: Bwahaha. Just when I thought I did it, I somehow PR’d into my fork of the branch instead of into your branch. This feels like my first adventures in Github all over again, complete with me failing in the strangest of ways.

SO does that mean that it’s unusable?

It’s usable but people are likely assuming all the content is in the master branch, plus faildragons have a harder time making pull requests. 3:

It’s usable but people are likely assuming all the content is in the master branch, plus faildragons have a harder time making pull requests. 3:[/quote]

Right. I just pulled everything away form the A0.01 and set it in the master. So ahead and try now.