Wall O' blobs, bug or feature

Well, even sealing it off would be satisfying. Clearing out triffid groves/fungal spires/anthills generally doesn’t get you anything particularly good, but it’s still challenging to take them on and you get the satisfaction of cutting down spawns. With blobs there is literally nothing to be gained from taking them on, and no particular satisfaction in fighting the same enemy over and over. Even a new player will quickly realise there’s nothing to be gained from taking one on and promptly ignore it in every subsequent run.

Now, if only we have cement, sand and way to mix them up to build concrete in-game… Would make a pretty solid wall to block the blobs, you have to clear the immediate vicinity first of course.

I’ve spawned blobs in completely sealed environments before through the debug menu, and even when there’s no possible way they could exit they still somehow osmose out and start spawning outside, I think it’s a quirk of the spawning system. Maybe some sort of anti-blob chemical you could salt the earth with.

Or just build a car fence lined with turrets that cut down escape attempts the murderous blobs. I have a solid perimeter around one. No one enters. No one leaves.

I just made a blob prison.

What about eating marloss berries and making your own fungoid army? It seems even better than the canisters. Youll just need to build a sealed lawn so that the spores don’t try to kill anything and you can then grow your own personal army!

Never mind friendly spores will never actually sprout.

Blob is actually the faster and cheaper way to increase all melee skill. You just need a medium armor and some stuff to repair it, a small car (to do 1v1 and run if needed) and u’r ready to be a god after 30min of play.

Just getting to the pit is going to be a struggle, from what I can tell there is at least half a dozen map tiles that are ALL slimes. Its doable, but it will be an epic slaughter. My big worry though isI saw a shoggroth (hope ive spelled that right) among the slimes, I met one in a lab earlier today and it was regening health so fast that 3 shots from the savage while it was standing on a dissector didnt make a dent in it at all, ive found a barret .50 that ill go back and pick up, hopefully that will do better, ill probably bring along a flamethrower and some mollis and give them a go as well. If these things are an uncommon spawn from the pit that is still going to mean there will be more than a few of them running about, I locked the one in the lab in a room fairly easy, but if I wont be able to do that mid epic slime slaughter.

General update, things are going pretty well, its day 30 something, im just about to pass 200 power storage, fairly decent amount of cbms, though there are still a few id like to pick up. Im building up a fair ammo and explosive stockpile and plenty of guns, ill focus on burst fire stuff mainly, Im going to need the DPS. Next step is to finish knocking together my forging stuff so I can start making canisters as well as either a nodachi or zweihander as well as a diamond sword for more one on one stuff. Ill probably also have to go for a good stock of nades and mollis, a flamethrower, try and find a power armor helmet, though with the top tier armor I have now and full super alloy and subdermal fiber cbms as well as 16 strength, I seem nigh unkillable already. Ill have to do a fair bit of work prepping the general area, the two fungal spires have pretty much saturated the rest of the town with spores, so they have to go and the spores will need clearing, there is also a triffid grove ive noticed nearby that will probably have to be torched if im being serious about it. Shit, looking at it, there is an ant nest ill have to crack as well. Fucking badass town to start in, thats for sure.

Friendly spores should spawn just fine, it’s just that they (just like normal spores) have an extremely low chance to do so and will only actually spawn more fungaloids if the ground they land on is already fungalized. Eat enough mar loss berries to cover an area in fungal terrain, then leave the spores in there, they will have a much better chance of actually growing into fungaloids (and then once they do you have an infinite supply, so even if most don’t grow some still will).

So how do you kill a Shogoroth or however it’s spelled?

Friendly spores should spawn just fine, it’s just that they (just like normal spores) have an extremely low chance to do so and will only actually spawn more fungaloids if the ground they land on is already fungalized. Eat enough mar loss berries to cover an area in fungal terrain, then leave the spores in there, they will have a much better chance of actually growing into fungaloids (and then once they do you have an infinite supply, so even if most don’t grow some still will).[/quote]

Odd I have left a dozen or so in a completely fungalized closed of field, have waited near it for two days and still none of them have sprouted. Perhaps it broke? Or perhaps it just takes a long time?

It’s spelt ‘Shoggoth’, uncultured plebeian. And after some investigation…about thirty arrows.

I just killed a shogwutucallit with my cyborg char, the thing ate like 4 Barrett shots doing 107-126 damage each shot, I then needed to reload so I time dilation’ed into fist chiselling (mono blade CBM) it, for two hits with a combined total of 44 dmg.

That thing is pretty tanky, but I’d say double the punishment it can take. No idea what it can do damage wise because U can’t touch this.

[quote=“Caconym, post:32, topic:5286”]I just killed a shogwutucallit with my cyborg char, the thing ate like 4 Barrett shots doing 107-126 damage each shot, I then needed to reload so I time dilation’ed into fist chiselling (mono blade CBM) it, for two hits with a combined total of 44 dmg.

That thing is pretty tanky, but I’d say double the punishment it can take. No idea what it can do damage wise because U can’t touch this.[/quote]

Not that tanky actually, 9 point-blank shotgun shots is all it takes no need for fancy .50 shots or time dilation or anything. A good ol’ 870 can nail that thing.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:33, topic:5286”][quote=“Caconym, post:32, topic:5286”]I just killed a shogwutucallit with my cyborg char, the thing ate like 4 Barrett shots doing 107-126 damage each shot, I then needed to reload so I time dilation’ed into fist chiselling (mono blade CBM) it, for two hits with a combined total of 44 dmg.

That thing is pretty tanky, but I’d say double the punishment it can take. No idea what it can do damage wise because U can’t touch this.[/quote]

Not that tanky actually, 9 point-blank shotgun shots is all it takes no need for fancy .50 shots or time dilation or anything. A good ol’ 870 can nail that thing.[/quote]
The Barrett is pretty much the only gun my cyborg char uses (and has an abundance of ammo for it), time dilation was basically for rushing it so it doesn’t regen, but still 9 shotgun shots is a good bit of damage it can take, most things tend to die in 1-2 shots of shotguns.

You could probably beat it with a stick if you wanted to.

No. melee just can’t do it, I spent about two ingame hours slashing at it with my Fire katana without success before switching to the shotgun.

Yeah, the whole point of regeneration is that it generally heals itself faster than you can damage it.

Melee can do it, hell unarmed can do it:
I cheated a shog in and then started punching it, although 42 str might have had a little to do with it

Several thematic goals I’ve come up with for goo pits (mostly not contradictory).
Some activity at the bottom to either kill or make the blobs friendly.
A “collection” of bodies and gear at the bottom.
bio-themed special spawn at the bottom.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:38, topic:5286”]Several thematic goals I’ve come up with for goo pits (mostly not contradictory).
Some activity at the bottom to either kill or make the blobs friendly.
A “collection” of bodies and gear at the bottom.
bio-themed special spawn at the bottom.[/quote]

All of the above!

To destroy a slime pit find a missile silo then launch a nuke at it.