Vomit thick grey goop from start

My most recent character on the currently most recent experimental was a helicopter crash soldier and even though I haven’t even seen a floating eye and I’m still on day 1, I’m vomiting up a thick grey goop and taking torso damage.

I’m thinking that the grey goop comes from a fungal infection, but as far as I know, I’ve done nothing to get a fungal infection yet. Fungal enemies are turned off, i havent seen any flaming eyes, nothing.

Only other thing I could think of is that you teleported, like from a tear in reality, and got the fungal infection from that.

Nope. there were none. I spawned at some wreckage, looked on my map, walked over to a farm and then looted it. by the time I was done looting the farm; I was puking up grey sludge.

It might be helpful if you tell us which experimental you (were?) using and give us the logs of the save?

It does currently sound either like a bug of the experimental (which is weird because nobody else reported this) or you did something ingame which you either don’t recall or didn’t really see which gave you the infection. Giving us the logs would mean we could check if you somehow got in contact with a fungaloid without realizing it, or if there was a phase one of the fungal parasite. Vomiting (and spasms) are phase 2 after all, you usually have coughing before that as well as the message you’d only taste and smell mushrooms…

A flaming eye’s stare can cause fungal infection.

Just a thought.

[quote=“Rivet, post:5, topic:10102”]A flaming eye’s stare can cause fungal infection.

Just a thought.[/quote]

As he already mentioned, he apparently didn’t encounter any flaming eyes. Odd.

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:6, topic:10102”][quote=“Rivet, post:5, topic:10102”]A flaming eye’s stare can cause fungal infection.

Just a thought.[/quote]

As he already mentioned, he apparently didn’t encounter any flaming eyes. Odd.[/quote]
That they noticed, no offense to the OP, but it’s far more likely that they got hit a few times by an eye at max range and didn’t notice it than that they’re spontaneously getting effects at game start that no one else is seeing.

Hmm. Possible, though that sounds like a bug if the player’s being stared at by something too far away to be seen.

Far as I can think that, that IS the most like cause.

This goes double for the fact that it’s possible for Flaming eyes to hit you with their beam without you actually being able to see them. Flaming eyes can stare at you through walls even if you can’t stare back, resulting in a message about how you feel funny or something similar. It’s totally possible there could have been a flaming eye chilling inside a building that you passed that hit you with a stare and you never noticed it.

Oh. That is a new and terrifying side of them I wasn’t aware of.

“We’re watching you. You think just because you can’t see us, we can’t see you? How quaint.”

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:10, topic:10102”]Oh. That is a new and terrifying side of them I wasn’t aware of.

“We’re watching you. You think just because you can’t see us, we can’t see you? How quaint.”[/quote]
It was caused by the removal of their Destructo-effect without changing the targeting system. Previously if the eye saw you (but you couldn’t see it) it just blasted a hole in the wall and then hit you with the gaze effect. Now it doesn’t blast the hole before it gets you with the gaze, so you get a bit of a different message if you can’t see it doing so.

So even nerfing the flaming eyes makes them deadlier. ;_;

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:10, topic:10102”]Oh. That is a new and terrifying side of them I wasn’t aware of.

“We’re watching you. You think just because you can’t see us, we can’t see you? How quaint.”[/quote]

Or if we use meme-speak: “Flaming eye is watching you play with yourself”