Plutionium Cells

These are radioactive, aren’t they?

Started a character, found an airdrop right outside my shelter with several of them, opened the crates and found a good schwack of plutonium cells. That night when I was trying to sleep (with them still in inventory) my character found himself very hot and vomiting gray bile. Couldn’t for the life of me figure out why he died. Got it recently when discussing with a friend, and we both found it hilarious that I was pasically sleeping with a plutonium pillow and teddy all cuddled up.

Seriously though, are they the thing that killed me, and if so how far away from me do I need to store them to not die?

Plutonium cells arent radioactive as far as i know, my current character has been lugging an UPS loaded with then for a long time now.

The gray goop is porbably from a fungal infection, did you fought fungaloids, teleported or got stared at by an eye lately?

Uhh… I think the character may have seen fungaloids, but new things are scary, so didn’t fight. No on the teleporting.

But I did run away from a flaming eye and some bright flash of light stuff happened?

Thats it then, the eye infected you with Teleglow and you subsequently died from the fungus. Its often wiser to run away the moment you see a flaming eye.

Pfft. I rushed one flaming eye with a zweihander and also had a horde on my tail. I did not know that flmaing eyes could BLOW UP FREKING BUILDINGZ. Killed the flaming eye, butchered it, then got blinded for no reason. Walked away with 4 chunks of meat, hoo ah!

Pfft. I rushed one flaming eye with a zweihander and also had a horde on my tail. I did not know that flmaing eyes could BLOW UP FREKING BUILDINGZ. Killed the flaming eye, butchered it, then got blinded for no reason. Walked away with 4 chunks of meat, hoo ah![/quote]

Once I rushed a portal with several nether creatures and Flaming eye with my longbow and after victoriously returning to my shelters basement, I ended teleporting into solid rock.

My first encounter with a Flaming Eye: ‘Fuck nope.’ >Run in the opposite direction.

My second: To hell with it. CHARGE! >Club it to death with horde following me.

But dear god they just run through buildings as if they weren’t there-- they’ve got a ton of HP too.
Was kinda sad it resulted in no CBMs or loot though.

Last time I fought a flaming eye, the encounter itself went smoothly, but when my character went to sleep afterwards in the ground-level of the lab, he was awoken by a Gozu portalling in and trying to eat his face. I think it was actually the “nom-nom-nom” sound of it futilely trying to gnaw through his heavy power armour helmet that awakened him.

The same teleglow also gave him hallucinations due to magic mushrooms (fortunately purged with Blood Filter), leading to this memorable encounter while fleeing the lab in the dark at over 100kph:

[URL=http://s485.photobucket.com/user/Mark-B-1/media/Shroomed.jpg.html][/URL]

You feel terrible for killing your mother!