Vehicle Show and Tell

[quote=“Peregrin-E, post:1163, topic:207”]After half of a year (of 45-day seasons), It was done!

Now the only thing I need before moving into it is a bottle of champagne smashed onto its hull by some lady… Too bad I don’t think one can currenly make any NPCs doing that. Hell, I haven’t even find any champagne in my world.[/quote]

And to think the best I’ve done is an enlarged atomic mini-tank with the broken reactors removed.

It’s about 50% comprised of truck and car batteries and solar panels.

Not sure how long im playing with this char, but i think its 8+ years now. A humvee made into a mobile base. The Twin A7 fully automated laser rifles are total overkill already, nothing ever comes close…

Some people might remember the Bertha that I mentioned. Well, when I had some time I started a youtube series of trying to drive it around.

edit

Forgot to post the video… doh…

Enjoy.

This thread doesn’t deserve to die. Anyone have any fancy vehicles to post?

Well, it’s nothing super impressive, but I may as well show my current ride.

Basically a heavily modified APC with a widened interior space. I’m deliberately avoiding blazemod, so it’s unarmed except for a mark 19 grenade launcher which I never use. Not too big, but it does everything I need it to. It has all the amenities I need in a sensible, accessible layout, and a bunch of improved solar panels to keep them running. I’m not sure what the actual top speed is, I rarely go above 60kph for safety reasons.

Here is my little monster.

As you can see, I have no windshields. I 100% rely on the camera system and the 6 cameras I currently have. I still need 2 more for a complete 360 vision.

Everything is armor plated, so that I don’t get something destroyed on accident. I should also mention that only the outside frames are heavy duty. To save time I used normal frames for the interior. I’m planning on having 30 storage batteries in this bad boy so I can be entirely self-reliant and also don’t need to make a break every hour for the solars to charge it up.

I don’t really have much in terms of turrets yet ( I feel like actually using the howitzer I have is overkill ) but I was thinking of installing something that has common ammo ( because I do not have laser stuff yet )

What else is there to say? Oh yeah, the stow boards help me put troublesome stuff inside ( storage batteries and stuff ) that I haul in using my foldable Loot Carrier ( basically it’s 2 shopping carts put together that can fold. Decent volume and can be rather easily put in the backpack, I think it has like 8 volume and weights 24 kg. )

So I guess that’s about it.

Haha, I have that EXACT cart in my vehicle :stuck_out_tongue:

image is broken but it sounds that its something like my MRCT

opens thread, sees a bunch of battle busses

I don’t know what I expected.

Cmon guys, you can do better than ‘stuff everything into a bus and never worry about anything ever’

When you’re in year 9 in a 50x spawn world with PK’s Rebalancing installed, you build the biggest battle bus you can.

Yeah but you don’t need to show it off :stuck_out_tongue:

my mrct is not a bus, its shopping cart (v1 was armored car actualy but later creations are all shopping carts) just upgraded to large size

I’m all for people showing off their battle buses. I’ve learned a couple neat tricks from people doing that, like that interior mirror cockpit trick.

[quote=“Subhazard, post:1190, topic:207”]opens thread, sees a bunch of battle busses

Cmon guys, you can do better than ‘stuff everything into a bus and never worry about anything ever’[/quote]

Meh, more like battle RVs, really - most of them don’t have NEARLY enough seating to be called a bus.

But more seriously, the parameters of the game strongly push for something fairly narrow with lots of storage space, so long. That’s “bus” shaped. What did you expect?

Once I get the materials and skills, I make mine from scratch, even though it’s VERY similar is size and shape to a military truck or APC - five tiles wide, 10-12 tiles long. Until the collision stuff gets sorted out to something more sane (a main battle tank can total itself trying to run over a couple of cars at low speed - hello?!?), that’s what you’re largely going to see.

Two of my personal limits make for big RV-tank hybrids. I must construct a Solar Roller as soon as possible. Each Solar Roller must be bigger than the one before.

[quote=“Subhazard, post:1190, topic:207”]opens thread, sees a bunch of battle busses

Cmon guys, you can do better than ‘stuff everything into a bus and never worry about anything ever’[/quote]

Refitting a bus into a death mobile is too easy. I don’t do that.

I build mine from scratch, although I did use frames from a bus.

But seriously, what do you expect? People rolling around in phallic-shaped trucks? Halo shaped? Or maybe actual houses with walls and rooms and crap?

It’s not a TRUE battle bus unless the walls and frames have been hand-forged out of a small town’s worth of cars.

[quote=“KiBoy, post:1197, topic:207”][quote=“Subhazard, post:1190, topic:207”]opens thread, sees a bunch of battle busses

Refitting a bus into a death mobile is too easy. I don’t do that.

I build mine from scratch, although I did use frames from a bus.

But seriously, what do you expect? People rolling around in phallic-shaped trucks? Halo shaped? Or maybe actual houses with walls and rooms and crap?[/quote]

Sure why not? It’s vehicle show and tell!

I’d really like to see like, a really big house that slowly crawls over the landscape, and automatically destroys trees in front of it.

I also want to see vehicles with different uses rather than a mobile base. Like, I want to see someone use a seed drill, or come up with a crazy ass drone. I want to see people use the Remote Vehicle controller for blood and profit.

when i got time i will send screenshots of my hvp

The Solar Roller is equipped with a remote control system and I have the remote control CBM. On a couple occasions, I have holed up somewhere and driven the Solar Roller over to me, turrets blazing.