The Vehicle Thread!

I just thought i would create a thread for all you vehicle enthusiasts out there. Use this thread to share hints and tips about vehicle creation as well as showing of you masterpiece of ingenuity.

My current set up is a custom school bus which acts as a mobile base and custom motorcycle for scouting purposes.

School Bus
My bus has been modified to act as a second home. I ripped out a few seats and installed some boxes as well as floor trunks along the center isle which allows for ample storage. What i like about the bus is that you can sleep inside without any interruptions in the wilderness because animals cannot smash windows. I also installed a kitchen unit which is useful for cooking purposes and a bed for obvious reasons. Under the hood sits a 6.31 V8 engine which i was lucky to find and a large electric motor which adds up to a top speed of 627 mph. I’am still searching for a plasma engine any tips would be appreciated on how to acquire one. The front of the bus is plated in spikes and the wheels are plated in super alloy, i’am playing with the idea of plating all the outside in super alloy but i’am how it would effect the bus speed and acceleration.

Other projects
I also currently posses a quad bike, a car and a motorcycle. I have only had time to work on the motorcycle in the way of a larger engine and some superalloyplating.

Sorry no pics print screen is broken. Unless there is another to get screen shots?

Feel free to ask me any questions about your vehicles and or post tips yourselves and don’t forget to show off your masterpieces.

How would you fuel a plasma engine or any other type of engine that is not electric and gasoline based? Aren’t the cells required for their operation incredibly rare and hard to find?

Iam sitting on a mountain of the stuff. All I ever seem to get from labs are those and the laser guns. Ha. Anyone know the benefits o a plasma engine?

Plasma engines are fairly powerful and they run off of hydrogen, with about a full tank’s worth being equal to a single hydrogen [25] that you can get from the dead scientists.

according to wiki, plasma engines are half as powerful as a V8 engine. Of course, the wiki information is quite old, so you might be right.

No they are weaker then the V8’s and V6’s, but they beat everything else. That’s why I said “fairly powerful” instead of “powerful”.

but what if they`re silent…

are they?

For the record, I think heavy plating is stronger than superalloy. Don’t quote me on that, though.

Also, with a V8 engine, you’re probably fine with as much plating as you want, just as long as you don’t want to be travelling at light-speed.

I think superalloy is only as resistant as standard plating, but much lighter. I use heavy plating for my protection needs, and use superalloy for boards and roofs, to keep things light.

Plasma engines are fairly powerful and they run off of hydrogen, with about a full tank’s worth being equal to a single hydrogen [25] that you can get from the dead scientists.[/quote]

Ah here’s me thinking the plasma engine Runs off the the ammo you get at the end. I labs ha!

For the record, I think heavy plating is stronger than superalloy. Don’t quote me on that, though.

Also, with a V8 engine, you’re probably fine with as much plating as you want, just as long as you don’t want to be travelling at light-speed.[/quote]

Hard plating is in indeed more resilient than superalloy. But my concern is weight. The bus is so big that if it was covered in all hard plating I think I wouldn’t be going anywhere fast!

I’ve found if you’ve got the engines to support it, the more weight the better. This baby can crash through fungal walls and spires.

The DDA wiki was updated several weeks ago with the information taken from the 0.4 build. If you spot some outdated info still present feel free to correct it yourself. It’s a wiki, after all.

[quote=“Vorpal2, post:11, topic:1101”]I’ve found if you’ve got the engines to support it, the more weight the better. This baby can crash through fungal walls and spires.

[/quote]

that thing looks insane ha! are thoughs t’s at the front turrets? Its after giving me a few ideas. thanks for the post.

Plasma engines are fairly powerful and they run off of hydrogen, with about a full tank’s worth being equal to a single hydrogen [25] that you can get from the dead scientists.[/quote]

Ah here’s me thinking the plasma engine Runs off the the ammo you get at the end. I labs ha!

Also, with a V8 engine, you’re probably fine with as much plating as you want, just as long as you don’t want to be travelling at light-speed.[/quote]

Hard plating is in indeed more resilient than superalloy. But my concern is weight. The bus is so big that if it was covered in all hard plating I think I wouldn’t be going anywhere fast![/quote]

That’s why you only armour the front. If you do put on a lot of plating you’ll need to add some counterweight to the back too though. I generally skimp on plating on the sides and stick blades on instead.

Is it a good idea to put a fire turret at the front of the vehicle? Won’t this turret shoot at a zombie in from of the vehicle and, if the vehicle is moving, the vehicle will go straight through the fire?

How do turrets work?

They are automatic. Once installed you can toggle them on and off with the same button as the headlights. They use ammunition in their square, and performs like a trunk when you stash munitions into the turret square.

I can’t get my hydrogen to load into my plasma cannon. It’s installed over a wheel. Do I need to put a trunk underneath it or something?

Try dropping it into the same square as the plasma cannon.

If you drive away and it’s not there on the ground, it might be working.

Best to test it out though.

Okay, the plasma cannon is loaded by installed hydrogene fuel tanks anywhere on the vehicles and then re’f’illing them with hydrogen. This M249 that I just picked up loads by 'D’ropping 5.56 NATO rounds onto it’s tile. Both are now firing correctly.