Vehicle Show and Tell

I’m just curious what types of designs people are currently using for their vehicles? Here’s mine!

[font=courier]
oo

==
oo
[/font]

Two wheels in front,
Then two seats,
Then two trunks,
then two wheels with boxes over them.

I like to drive this thing through windows.
It has a 2.5l engine. I know where a large electric motor is and eventually I’m going to add that. Got lots of energy storage and 1 solar panel.

Does your vehicle have no doors?

Anyway I had once a military supply truck.
It was awesome and I killed the zombie population of a town with it.
Modded trunks and other stuff into it but then…

I was so stupid that I thought that it would be safe to sleep in a house in the town…

^ - plate
o - wheel, preferably big
= - trunk
= - trunk

- seat, controls, engine, battery/tank

= - trunk
= - trunk
= - trunk
o - wheel

A big electric engine makes it very comfortable, even with plating all over. It looks ridiculous but minimizes the risk with traps and mines, and it’s easier to puncture through things if needed.

[quote=“sneakyfreaky, post:3, topic:207”]^ - plate
o - wheel, preferably big
= - trunk
= - trunk

- seat, controls, engine, battery/tank

= - trunk
= - trunk
= - trunk
o - wheel

A big electric engine makes it very comfortable, even with plating all over. It looks ridiculous but minimizes the risk with traps and mines, and it’s easier to puncture through things if needed.[/quote]
holy shit

One man loot mobile.

Good idea. Vehicle crafting is my favorite part of this game.

unrelated:

Weird, I can’t seem to attach images.

http://imgur.com/tHXn2iF

Some cute toys there. Any real vehicles? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Large wheels, 4 at the front, 8 at the back kinda like a half track, all protected by frames and boards. Spiked ramming plates at the front. 6L and Large electric motor. Opaque doors surrounding the cabin, and a stupid amount of storage.

Rear doors and solar panels over the rear windows are a bit worse for wear.

[quote=“Vorpal, post:7, topic:207”]Weird, I can’t seem to attach images.

http://imgur.com/tHXn2iF

Some cute toys there. Any real vehicles? :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Large wheels, 4 at the front, 8 at the back kinda like a half track, all protected by frames and boards. Spiked ramming plates at the front. 6L and Large electric motor. Opaque doors surrounding the cabin, and a stupid amount of storage.

Rear doors and solar panels over the rear windows are a bit worse for wear.[/quote]
Guys its the zombie apocalypse what do we do? Let me just create a mountain of fucking doom in one day.

noone has made an APC yet?

[size=36pt]It’s the Segway of Doooooooooooooom![/size]

FYI: Doing 100 on this thing with no seatbelt and hitting a zombie is a bad idea.

I had a nice motorcycle with a electric engine and a solar panel then I lost control and it went in a river and became unrecoverable. :frowning:

I thought seaways were supposed to be environmentally friendly, that thing chugs more gas than an SUV.

[size=36pt]Duna duna duna duna duna duna duna duna Lootmobile![/size]

PS: Name is VERY changeable. I’m taking suggestions.
PPS: Used to have blades on the front. They wore off while on a zombie smashing road rage.
PPPS: This started life as a Flatbed truck.

Add some turrets to the sides. Call it Dead Reckoning.

Is that a reference to something? And turrets are a good idea. Just as soon as I can find some machineguns.

I don’t feel like hotlinking somebody’s images so here’s a youtube video.

It’s a huge armored truck from Land of the Dead. One of the Romero zombie movies.

awesome extension! did you make the doors safe somehow? i pulled over to sleep in the woods and got woken up by a bear standing on the central console with the passenger door still closed. i realize i need an enclosed sleeping space like you’ve built, but heck, i expected to hear some bashing or something

On the main cab the corners are open I think.

Dead Reckoning feels like overkill to me.
Most of the time they could have simly run em over. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, thanks, i’m driving over to the crash-site i cleaned up a few days ago to get the steel i need for plating to fix that. after a 2 yr run with no science labs and only a bubble car the rng blessed me with a flatbed like yours and !5! science labs plus a coal mine in easy driving distance, so i got plenty of juice to build up my truck. i already added a row of spikes and then plating before the engine and cloned the last row for extra storage. the dual tanks give amazing mileage as is.

one small change i’d make is to move the wall behind the driver back by one for 2 extra storage bins reachable from the driver’s position. … but onwards, i must get that steel before sun-down so i can sleep in that thing without another bear coming in to visit. thank jeebs, i had a charged tazer on me or it would have been game-over!