Vehicle Show and Tell

finaly my car can defend itself when im away, no blind spots for both cameras and turrets, later i added some floodlights

main disadvantage is that its much harder to drive around wreckages in cities later im going to make deforester ram like in flame solar roller

older designs
v2.1 was like v2 but with internal steel plating and all heavy duty frames and had more guns too

v2 based on armored car

v1 based on solar car

After half of a year (of 45-day seasons), It was done!

Now the only thing I need before moving into it is a bottle of champagne smashed onto its hull by some lady… Too bad I don’t think one can currenly make any NPCs doing that. Hell, I haven’t even find any champagne in my world.

JESUS CHRIST MATE

drool

Where did you get the METAL for that thing? That’s like a medium-sized city worth of cars right there!

How you you even drive that bloody thing?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

It’s pure electric, 3x engines, 10x axle (8? steerable), including one axle of roller drums, wheel base is only two tiles wide to reduce land mine exposure. Turns on a dime though. I usually do a wider car, but I tried a 4 tile width this time, and it’s much easier to avoid things and drive in towns. 14 storage batteries, 14 reinforced solar. Running the single engine good mileage if I keep it at ~40mph or lower.
I run a single large electric engine normally, I have two enhanced electric for when I need to punch through something or run away from tanks. If I fire up all three speeds change to 174/746 and the batteries cry, but they still last a good bit.
Rear two squares an an extra welder and a cargo space I remove to make a wheeled Cart out of, it holds my oh shit supplies when I leave the car and go savaging or lab diving.
By design it’s only four tiles, so then I turn I am exposed. I tend to drive either directly W/E or N/S to minimize this. My path is full of 90 degree turns.
Duplicate controls in back w/ cameras.
I had a problem where the cameras can’t see very far and the only way to see far enough to avoid things is to have a window. My last guy got shot up through the windshield by a turret and died. Current bus is an attempt to minimize direct lines of fire.
Basicly it’s a 2D periscope with inboard mirrors and motorized hatches. It’s much harder to get a direct line of fire to the driver.
I’d like to be able to make something like the driver’s windows in a tank. Until that day, it’s this.

Green are inboard mirrors.
Red are Heavy duty boards, The rest of the front is is quarter panels or hatches.
The hatches are in orange. R = Regular O= Opaque.
The Opaque hatch is motorized so I can open it if my mirrors get blow off.
Purple is a curtain, left open for driving fast. Closed for driving slow and close combat.
Solid Yellow is the path of light normally. The dotted line is if I open the motorized opaque hatch.

What I want to know, is: Am I abusing the inboard mirrors, or is it working as intended?

I’m impressed - it’s slightly longer and wider than the ArmoredEverybodyCarrier I made some time ago… but only about half the weight, and not as well armed or armored. Need more laser cannons and military composite!

But the length thing is pretty useful - get it a bit longer, and you could probably ignore rivers (the vehicle only sinks if ALL the tiles are over deep water).

And defraggler, that 2D periscope idea is… ridiculous overkill, but brilliant.

From a medium-sized city worth of cars…steel lumps stripped off them with sledgehammer (and later sonic resonator) and collected with electromagnetic unit. Assembled into heavy duty frames and steel platings on the construction site. Though I have travelled to other places in the Sturmwind to find rare materials like windshields, tank guns, treads and milspec armor.

Like how one drive normal cars, though this vehicle have like 4 sets of additional control systems and a robot driver. It is, to be honest, a pain to turn directions in roads surrounded with forests by all sides, with tons of manuevering but suprisingly little crashing (assuming I want to get it out completely unscathed instead of simply plowing through). It is also not designed to go into the city allys. Usually it will just drive into city along the main road, rain down hell with all the turrets on anything and blast vehicles on the path out with the main gun until the city is silent, then the looting is executed by foldable vehicles, and after the resources are replenished it simply drive away along same road it went in.

[quote=“deoxy, post:1169, topic:207”]I’m impressed - it’s slightly longer and wider than the ArmoredEverybodyCarrier I made some time ago… but only about half the weight, and not as well armed or armored. Need more laser cannons and military composite!

But the length thing is pretty useful - get it a bit longer, and you could probably ignore rivers (the vehicle only sinks if ALL the tiles are over deep water).

And defraggler, that 2D periscope idea is… ridiculous overkill, but brilliant.[/quote]
The design philisophy is partially inspired by the AEC of yours. Though this AMCV (Armored Mobile Construction Vehicle*) is a Giga-RV mobile base for a fewer number of people instead of a mobile colony for “everyone”.
Also it is still being finished as I struggle to find more milspec plating and plastic jerrycans (for turret frames) and electric motors for large turret engines.
*No, it does not actually construct. Its name is a reference to the mobile base vehicles of the game sequel Red Alert, even its shape bears resemblance to the Soviet MCV from Red Alert 2.

Why thank you. Oh it’s definitely overkill, I like to over-engineer things. Lost a PC to anti-material shot through a windshield, I was really attached to that PC. Had the deadened mutation and full set of cyber plating. I figured I could sideswipe the turret and save ammo, I thought wrong.

[quote=“Peregrin-E, post:1170, topic:207”]The design philisophy is partially inspired by the AEC of yours. Though this AMCV (Armored Mobile Construction Vehicle*) is a Giga-RV mobile base for a fewer number of people instead of a mobile colony for “everyone”.
Also it is still being finished as I struggle to find more milspec plating and plastic jerrycans (for turret frames) and electric motors for large turret engines.[/quote]

Well, then, thank you - nice to see my hard work being of use to someone! :slight_smile:

As to electric motors, I find them most commonly in solar cars, labs, and I think street sweepers. Generally, I find more and small electric motors instead of just the “normal” ones (which is very annoying for that one quest).

Plastic jerrycans are now actually pretty easy to find - most motorcycles and some small cars have them (remove the 10L gas tanks - that’s what they drop now… unless they’ve changed it again recently).

Milspec plating is just a matter of driving the roads until you find military vehicles… when I made the AEC, I had a character in his 3rd or 4th year (standard seasons), and I’d marked every military vehicle I had found on my map. Once I made a stabilized portal, I traveled around and completely deconstructed a good many of them (on one trip, actually - the storage on those things is CRAZY huge) for the armor, plates, and heavy frames.

What was actually harder was all the cargo spaces* I used - I’d been collecting those all along, but I still had to go find (and even MAKE) more. They are quite voluminous!

*Not considered “boardable” anymore… D8 I may have to add a mod for “heavy duty aisle” and “heavy duty floor trunk” to make up for a it a bit.

You could do like I did in an old design and just have a strip of empty space act as an aisle. I integrated it into a vehicle before cargo dimensions were a thing for easy loading and unloading.

[quote=“deoxy, post:1172, topic:207”][quote=“Peregrin-E, post:1170, topic:207”]The design philisophy is partially inspired by the AEC of yours. Though this AMCV (Armored Mobile Construction Vehicle*) is a Giga-RV mobile base for a fewer number of people instead of a mobile colony for “everyone”.
Also it is still being finished as I struggle to find more milspec plating and plastic jerrycans (for turret frames) and electric motors for large turret engines.[/quote]

Well, then, thank you - nice to see my hard work being of use to someone! :slight_smile:

As to electric motors, I find them most commonly in solar cars, labs, and I think street sweepers. Generally, I find more and small electric motors instead of just the “normal” ones (which is very annoying for that one quest).

Plastic jerrycans are now actually pretty easy to find - most motorcycles and some small cars have them (remove the 10L gas tanks - that’s what they drop now… unless they’ve changed it again recently).

Milspec plating is just a matter of driving the roads until you find military vehicles… when I made the AEC, I had a character in his 3rd or 4th year (standard seasons), and I’d marked every military vehicle I had found on my map. Once I made a stabilized portal, I traveled around and completely deconstructed a good many of them (on one trip, actually - the storage on those things is CRAZY huge) for the armor, plates, and heavy frames.

What was actually harder was all the cargo spaces* I used - I’d been collecting those all along, but I still had to go find (and even MAKE) more. They are quite voluminous!

*Not considered “boardable” anymore… D8 I may have to add a mod for “heavy duty aisle” and “heavy duty floor trunk” to make up for a it a bit.[/quote]

I have tons of spare cargo spaces stripped from flatbed trucks littered around the road, but (probably because my original save is from 0.c stable), most of the vehicles in this world either have the small 2L or the large 60L tanks, very few of them have the 10L tank – the jerrycan.

except labs where i can find large amouts of laser weapons? i need more laser turrets

Labs are the only reliable place I know of to find A7s. I have found them with soldier corpses, and maybe with scientist corpses, but I don’t think I’ve ever had one drop (maybe once…). They can spawn in spider basements.

Fusion Blaster CBMs (usable for the mountable laser weapons in the Vehicle additions pack) can be butched from biooperators (and maybe shocker brutes? Maybe?), can occasionally be found in bunkers, and can spawn in spider basements (just like EVERYTHING, as best I can tell), but the most reliable place I’ve found them is in ant hills, actually - in the food storage rooms, you can find metabolic interchange and fusion blaster CBMs sometimes. So when I want more laser weapons, I raid anthills.

I think I’ve only found an actual laser turret (not the vehicle mounting kind) once ever, and I don’t ever remember where (lab, maybe? or bunker? maybe soldier corpses?).

yea, fusion blasters drop from every cbm giving zombie except technican but im looking for finger lasers and laser guns

Finger laser CBMs can be made (with the right book and mostly easy-to-acquire parts + a high quality lens or two). Laser rifles are pretty much a lab-loot-room thing (with very rare exceptions), but you can find laser pistols several places from time to time (survivor zombies used to drop them occasionally, but I don’t think they do anymore), including (rarely) gun basements (IIRC).

The LACP laser pistols are everywhere, ranging from gunshops to gun basements to survivor houses to zombie drops. Other laser weapons like A7 are mostly found in labs or military drop crates in the wild.
Butchering shockers or brutes or bio-operators can yield fusion blasters and finger lasers at a high rate. (not sure other cbm-dropping zombies have it or not) IIRC you can also make the finger laser CBM from a book.

Magma Still:

A cabin, a fermenting vat, a mop, and a still by the magma.

In the cabin, there is a fridge with strawberry surprise, a box of pemmican, and a seat with stereo system. The cabin is equipped with 2 upgraded solar panels, a truck battery, a storage battery, and a water tank.

[code] ----
|#H|
O|=o|
-±-

^~           
     ~          
      ~         

[/code]

Is there a max speed for bicycles regardless of design and if there is is it reachable for every @?

Or do strength drugs or traits make a difference?

Now thinking of it I gonna build a tandem bicycle and see if a friendly NPC peddle with me.