Vehicle Show and Tell

And why isn’t it rollers? AKA B’s

[quote=“Elidor VON, post:1141, topic:207”]Looks amazing O_O
But it start to look more like train than a car :smiley:
And what is that hammer like thing in front of the vehicle?[/quote]
Thanks! The thing in front is a ram/minesweeper, heavy duty frames with hard plating and wide wheels. It’s meant to absorb impacts and yet be easily replaceable. The hooks on the sides are there so that even if the ram is shattered, as long as the hooks are there the ram will not shed parts.

Rules of Solar Rollers

• Each successive version must be bigger than the last
  • Each one must be primarily solar powered
  • Every Solar Roller must have everything its builder needs to live and space to store everything

Because rollers are heavy as shit and reduce my top speed to 50mph, aren’t as easy to find if they do get broken, and the name Solar Roller predates rollers.

MRCT (mine resistant cargo truck) v2 operational

Its vehicle not designed for combat but its powerfull enought for self defence against horde, its primary use is long range transport of items and after replacing few cargo spaces on sides of cargo part it can transport troops too

weapons of this car are one manual turbolaser and 4 single shoot pulse lasers (planed expansion to 6)

driver during long rides can refill his water tank by purifing rain water

can run on any human fuel (electricity, diesel, gasoline)

Nice. I will have to try those some time. So the hooks are just extra frames to make the outer edges of the ram not break off when broken? Clever.

Nice.

Clever. But why hard plating, not the military composite?

Clever. But why hard plating, not the military composite?[/quote]
composite weights more than steel or hard plating

Well, actually composite armor weighs twice less than a hard plating :\

Clever. But why hard plating, not the military composite?[/quote]
Because I always carry a shitload of metal around and hard plating is more easily replaced.

Have you considered building solar arrays? That’d probably keep you going until you get more solar panels.

my vehicle have some solar panels now, large power storage and panels make electricity more effective fuel than gasoline or diesel

I assume you’re talking to me.

Are you fucking kidding me mate? Did you hear the part where I said I had eighteen quantum solar panels?

do you ever run out of power? my MRCT with solar panels and all engines off except electric one (so no alternators) can drive for days and shoot a lot of lasers while it have headlights on (even during day) and only use something about 4% per week of exploration

Nope

looking for thread to asc noob questions about cars :wink:

I linked two electromotor cars with jumper cables. My car lost all electricity in batteries. Why? )
There were yellow storage batteries in my car, and no batteries in other car, but other car had solar pannels, and i suppose that my car should get electricity from there, but not vice versa

Ask in the Newb Questions thread.

No, it doesn’t work like that. If there were broken batteries in the solar-paneled car, then they would have drained charge from your car’s batteries and then leaked it away. Try removing the broken batteries and installing a very small battery on the solar car, like a motorcycle or car battery. Then it will charge, but most of the charge will go to your car, which hopefully has a bigger battery.

So here’s what I’ve been working on lately;

Mk. I

Mk. II

Nothing super crazy but I’m really happy with how these have turned out so I figured why not show them off. The vehicle is made up into four parts, the ram, cockpit, the cabin and the rear “battering probe.”

The ram is close to complete, as can see it is wedge shaped with spiked plating in front. Picture it as a locomotive’s cow guard with a big sword at the tip. In the final product, I would like to change the four rear-most mil.comp rams into shredders.

The cockpit is self-explanatory. At the moment I’m still trying to decide which gun to mount over the driver’s seat. For now there is a water cannon there, just for shits and giggles :stuck_out_tongue:

Cabin is also pretty much self explanatory. this large area houses passenger seating, crafting area (with welder and forge rigs so far), loot storage and even a bed!

And then the so-called “battering probe.” This strange protrusion on the back is my idea for pulling off smash-and-grabs on buildings. Just back into a building so the probe sticks through and you’ve got your own portable, private entrance to any building. Only tried it out on a couple gun shops so far in the Mk. I but it works pretty good.

The Mk. II is powered by twin 7 litre diesel engines, when I reach 12 mechanics I will add an enhanced electric motor for when stealth is required.

No name for it yet, maybe you guys can help?

bash n’ grab

smash n’ grab

breaking and entering

smash bandicoot

knock knock joke

buster

pseudo-pod

Parking in rear

ovipositer

I am afraid of the direction my mind is taking this…
so I’m going to stop now.

That’s too bad, they were just getting better as you went. The last one is my favorite, it’s funny imagining my character and NPC’s as little truck eggs being laid into a building lol

Just found this on YT today. Looks pretty awesome :slight_smile:

I am tired of using my diesel-guzzling, noise-making, clumsy Survivor Cargo Truck to transport vehicle materials(namely steel lumps and military platings) for my MCV.
So I made this by hand. All heavy duty and the outside all plated with milspec armor.
Powered by a single enhanced electric motor (originally two, but it turns out to be too energy-inefficient) and 6 solar panels (not reinforced ones as I ran out of reinforced glass), its innards are nothing but cargo carriers, which gives 6000 storage in total.
On the front is a line of HDFrames+Spiked platings. No rams as they can’t clear out shrubs and may break easily and looks less cooler in tiles.
This vehicle is actually single-seated, the place besides the seat is an automatic storm bolter turret for clearing out weaker enemies, and on the seat is a M2 HMG for additional firepower for larger hordes.