Features:
Composite Armor on all the perimeter + reinforced windshields + front spikes;
7.8 Diesel Engine;
12V Gasoline Engine;
4 Solar Cells;
Kitchen, Refrigerator, Chemistry Workshop units;
2 Side-mounted mufflers for the SWAG;
Clean Water, Gasoline, Diesel and - yet i don’t know how to use it - Napalm;
Compact and efficient storage (vol 4500) divided in : 6 trunks (vol 650 each), 2 floor trunks (vol 350 each) + the 3 above mentioned units (vol 400 each);
Curtains on every light passing block (doors and windshields), allowing you some privacy from those pesky Z voyeurs. (Still the scent is a problem).

Todos:
Re-Install turrets?
Skim out all the overkilling features once i’ll be done testing each of them;
Evaluate the additein of another pair of wheels;
Substitute trunks and floor trunks with more capient containers (I saw around 1000 volume trunks, though i don’t remember their name);
FOODCO Kitchen Robot in stead of the Kitchen unit;
Substitute all the inner heavy duty frames with normal ones to decrease weight?

The FOODCO unit doesn’t replace the kitchen unit, it just adds other functions.

do every engine need alternator to make electricity? i want to make car what run on every fuel (diesel,gasoline,battery) but i do not want to add additional weight by adding second alternator

After surviving a bad run-in with a chicken walker, I decided that the best protection from drawing enemies toward me was to stay in the dark, and do night raids. But stumbling around in the dark is difficult and still pretty dangerous.

My solution was to have my cake and eat it too, by creating a vehicle with 180 degree lighting ahead of me. I have the advantages of hiding in the dark, and the advantages of being able to see enemies and cool items far away.

I started my adventures by pushing around a shopping cart for storage. Then I took its casters off, and created the original Scavenger Cart with a frame, cargo space, and casters.

Then, deciding to do night raids, I looked at my options for lighting. I added controls, a charged car battery, and a headlight. I was NOT helped at all by the 45 degree field of vision offered by one headlight, so I almost gave up. Then, I realized I could put two headlights in a space if one is reinforced! So I did, pointing each at 22.5 degrees from front. The new 90 degree view was great, and I was able to become the deadliest thing outside at night.

I added more stuff (wheelchair wheels, engine, etc.), seeing how much I could fit into a 1x1 vehicle. Finally, I added one more space to expand the field of view, and added real tires to the vehicle. What you see above is the result. I hope to add a recharging station, soon (I’ve never had one). I’ve always been a fan of small vehicles, if you can’t tell. 1x3 is as big as it’s going to get.

Having a 70 MPH acceleration is very helpful. I never need to go faster than 70, so the high max speed isn’t important. But the ability to instantly brake from 70 to 0 is a life-saver.

===

I also created a foldable version, the Critter, so that I could do quieter raids, and have the same lighting advantages in the subways. Plus, I missed having a push cart, and I also found that I can maintain a peddling speed of 15 MPH indefinitely by peddling without cruise control. Is there a way to set cruise control to an odd speed, like 15 MPH? If not, this would be a helpful feature for low-speed vehicles like bikes and wheelchairs.

I used some tricks to keep it lightweight. I can switch out the car batteries between the Critter and Scavenger Cart to power its lights, so no alternator. And I used pipes to create handles to hang the lights on, which weigh practically nothing.

A note: Enemies can see you in the dark if you carry an activated lightstrip. I don’t believe this was the case when I last played more than a year ago, so it caught me by surprise, and gave me a disadvantage early on.

Does anyone else use headlights or such to give themselves an advantage in ranged combat at night? I have, in the past, also thrown flashlights with 2 charges of battery left at enemies.

Depends. Do you want to charge your batteries faster, or are you fine with just the one alternator charging your vehicle? It all depends on power usage vs power generation. I use two alternators on two engines, myself–but that’s more for the sake of powering the recharging station I hope to get some time, and isn’t strictly necessary.

Hey Raccoon, that’s so cool! I’m a big fan of (very)small vehicles too. Very nice creations. Thnx for sharing.

I hope to inspire the creation of more badass motorcycles, go-carts, v12-propelled wheelchairs, and other small vehicles!

I’m thinking of redesiging my current vehicle, since small storage batteries are so common now that you can breakdown Storage battery to several Medium batteries and each Medium battery to several small ones. Now its real easy to make the combinaton UPS / Rechargeable mod, you can make a welder, electric forge, soldering iron, hotplate, chemisry set, vacuum sealer, water purifier, etc. all rechargeable, dump them in 1 cargo space with a Recharging Station and have plenty of space left over, and eliminate 5 of the ‘vehicle mounted ____’ spaces. Either replace them all with cargo spaces or take two or three out and shorten the vehicle and leave the rest as cargo spaces, you still get at least as much storage as all 5 dedicated stations would give.

Interesting idea. Does it have drawbacks? Crafting speed or tool quality? If not its seems to be thing to nerf) its ruining part of gameplay, but I like this idea. I will create additional version of eMobile with such cargo-station

Interesting idea. Does it have drawbacks? Crafting speed or tool quality? If not its seems to be thing to nerf) its ruining part of gameplay, but I like this idea. I will create additional version of eMobile with such cargo-station[/quote]

The only drawback I know of it multiple crafting sessions in a row.

Example: I craft something that takes 400 charges of electric forge. Then I want to do it again. If I have a vehicle forge rig, no problem. If I have a UPS/vehicle recharge forge, I have to wait a few minutes for it to recharge before I can do it again.

Anything that takes more than half of the charges a tool holds fall into this. Things take less than half the charges but craft very quickly (using charges faster than they are regained) could also fall into this (never run into it myself).

The only other thing I would point out is that a rechargeable water purifier still isn’t as convenient as a Kitchen Buddy, where you can instantly purify all the water in the dirty tanks (up to what the clean tanks can hold). Everything else (with the exception listed above) is just as good.

Hey gearheads, anyone know if there are any notable differences between wheels and cat tracks besides weight and durability?

Gonna build something like this on my next char; http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/15/20/980x490/landscape-1431451955-peacemaker.jpg

[quote=“hobophobic, post:1135, topic:207”]Hey gearheads, anyone know if there are any notable differences between wheels and cat tracks besides weight and durability?

Gonna build something like this on my next char; http://pop.h-cdn.co/assets/15/20/980x490/landscape-1431451955-peacemaker.jpg[/quote]

They behave identically as far as I can tell. They come in sizes bigger than any wheel though, which affects the stats of the vehicle in an arcane fashion. All I really know about those is that higher numbers are better, as the top safe speed is determined by multiplying the overall engine power by the percentages shown in the vehicle construction screen.

I love small vehicles too, and both the Critter and Scavenger Cart are awesome!

My experience with tank treads suggests they slow my “car” disproportionally to their mass. The obvious solution: more vortex engines.

At the start of it all it was just a police car. Then I extended it and added some military composite armor. The weight of my “Nomad” increased from 800 kg to 3500 tn. But without significant speed loss. There is 6 armored wheels, welding rig, kitchen unit, chemistry lab and bunch of upgraded solar panels.
Also I created almost limitless source of clean water. Two water tanks: one for clean and one for dirty. Funnel over the dirty one and water purifier.
I find out that there is an option to install blade or spikes in empty tiles next to a car. So it works like those razors in “Armageddon riders”. Cheap and deadly.

Behold! I bring you… The Solar Roller VI.5! I made enough changes to it that I figured it deserved an new number, but not a whole one.

Previous changes:

• I added three vortex engines, but don’t worry. The Solar Roller is still mostly solar powered, the vortex engines are only there for an emergency turbo.
  • I’ve added two tank guns on the windshield and replaced the storm bolters with hypervelocity railguns.
  • I added seats under the side turrets so my NPCs can travel with me.
  • I put motors on all the doors.

New changes:

• I added an additional row in back, moving the whole tail back.
  • Using that row I’ve added an opaque partition keeping the front separate from the rear.
  • I moved my crafting stations slightly to make room for the partition.
  • I moved the Chain Lightning turret forward so it can still hit things.
  • I moved around the solar panels. I now have 20 quantums plus one upgraded. I am trying to loot more.
  • I added five more storage batteries, which is why power is only at 84%.
  • I put curtains on the rear door.
  • I put cameras on the outsides so I can see the back from the front seat.
  • I combined two cargo carriers and stuck a bed in the middle of the crafting area. I can control everything from the bed, as well as see out the cameras. It also has an atomic lamp overhead for free light.
  • I’ve armored things slightly better.

And now I’m going to stick turrets all over it! I’m thinking a manual slingshot in front loaded with mininukes, plus some NX-17s around the corners.

Looks amazing O_O
But it start to look more like train than a car :smiley:
And what is that hammer like thing in front of the vehicle?