Vehicle Show and Tell

But are you sure it can be seen from space?
Is it actually possible to walk from end to end in that thing and not starve on the way?
What sort of support pillars did you use inside?
How many New Yorks can you fit in that thing?

Christ. I would never have the patience, not even in any sort of ‘creative mode’ if one existed. Bravo, sir.

Does it really need to? :-)[/quote]
Hm. Now that I think about it, are you allowed to put boat boards on cars to make an amphibious vehicle? Then you could just drive in a straight line forever with that thing.[/quote]

Sadly, no - at the moment, a vehicle is either a car OR a boat. I thought of that earlier… I would have done that for sure, otherwise. :frowning:

How many engines are active to get those safe max/accel numbers? Or what we really want to know, what are the numbers with all of the engines active?

How many engines are active to get those safe max/accel numbers? Or what we really want to know, what are the numbers with all of the engines active?[/quote]

Oh, those numbers are just with the 5 enhanced electric motors active… um, I don’t remember what it was with all of them active, sorry. I’ll try to check sometime.

It does appear that the number of engines is again unlimited once you reach 15 mechanics skill, so I could add several more V8 diesel engines (though only one more is also 7.99 liter, and only a few more that are 7.something) and I have another V12 gas engine, too.

D’awwww. That is so CUTE. Others build these heavy trucks or something even more gargantuan. That’s like the Toyota of apocalypse - the standard compact car for the apocalyptic consumer. Affordable, efficient. A refreshing change to see. Makes me want to become a post-apocalyptic car manufacturer and a dealer. (Now that I think about it, I don’t recall ever seeing a car salesman in any post-apocalyptic game) Anyway, maybe it’s just me but I would swap the chem station’s and the fridge’s places. That way you could reach the fridge from the driver’s seat, which is always important to me personally.[/quote]
yea, Im also had big mobile base, but it was so ugly. That I make from it my base integrated into building:

And just use this emobile and really happy of it. I like idea to swap fridge and chemlab. Did it. Also Im thinking to replace chem lab to FODCOO kitchen to be able to dehydrate food. Not so often usage chemlab besides hotplate.

How many engines are active to get those safe max/accel numbers? Or what we really want to know, what are the numbers with all of the engines active?[/quote]

Safe speed goes to 31 with the diesels active, and 35 with the V12 added on top of that. Max speed at that point is 1529… yeah, that’s just silly.

Does it really need to? :-)[/quote]
Hm. Now that I think about it, are you allowed to put boat boards on cars to make an amphibious vehicle? Then you could just drive in a straight line forever with that thing.[/quote]

With a vehichle that long, could you drive half of it into the water, switch it to boards, drive other half in, switch it too, then switch back as you drive boat to the other side and do it in reverse?

Although truthfully you could probably just bridge the whole river with one that big, only keeping a small area of it boarded at any point until you are across… If that is possible. How does the game deal with cars driven into water, boats onto land? breaks the boats and cars disappear forever?

All this talk of amphibious vehicles makes me want to show off a real-world amphibious vehichle my Grampa got way back when that we would still use if it were in proper repair. (need to make sure that gets done at some point)
dam. Can’t find any pictures right now. Will post it up later.

Last I checked, in both cases nothing happens until the vehicle in question is COMPLETELY out of the terrain it’s meant for. In which case the land vehicles sink and vanish for all eternity, but the boats simply run aground and can’t move unless pushed back into the water.

I found this nice military truck and make my own modifications

Seriously, take the solar panels off the sides and put them on the interior tiles. They go on the roof, so they don’t get in the way, and that way they don’t get ruined the moment anything brushes against your car…

Hell yes. Solar panels are frail little things, they must be coddled and babied. :V

Come to think of it, is there a limit to how long/large you can make a vehicle? Is it possible to make a 100-tile long limo? In fact, why are there no limousines in the cataclysm?

I don’t know if there is a HARD limit, per se, but I’m quite confident that the game can and will sorta come apart if a vehicle exceeds the size of the reality bubble. How is anyone’s guess, but I’m pretty sure it’d happen.

There is. I don’t remember what it is exactly, but it’s around 70something, I believe. pisskop checked it.

This reminds me, I need to see if anything can be done about setting the new Cataclysm Land Speed Record. If the hard limit is 70, what’s stopping me from making a 70-tile long trike with just 70 12.71 litre V12 engines? Other than literally having to hack in a runway long enough to even reach its top speed?

This is my hybrid house-vehicle with green electric system to keep clean the air for the zed’s happiness

So much things ^.^

This is my current car. Im posting it as a proof-of-concept that using cutains can work well for the new survivor or the poor survivor; as a substituite for using cameras.
My daytime LoS is 360 degrees, despite only the front and the back door being open. Because of the mirror on the back and front.

A military Humvee reworked to hold a fridge and cargo holds. I put the very cheap Aisle Curtains over all the windows and doors, and There were mirrors on the back medial to the blades. I have the replacements, but its ‘Whats a Transistor’ time.

Once I get tiny Door Motors up, Ill be able to control the curtains without having to walk to them. Its a cheap way to block off your LoS, and coupled with ample headlights you can completely stay in the dark.

I have 1 inboard mirror, On the top-right above the windshield.

Hi o/ Doublepost

This is imy basic design for a hearse. Good/bad?

Features:
-Unless otherwise stated, it uses “car” parts.
-Floortrunks down the left side
-Aisles down the right
-2 hatches in back
-Only 2 door
-Boards line the back, restricting vison
-Mostly vanilla spawn, until I get something like an item list together.

Because I took out the trunks, this has less storage than a regular car.

I was dead serious about adding a cemetery. I want 2 kinds, 3 if we add a ‘catacombs’ (though meh).

Why that front bit?