Vehicle Show and Tell

It was 1-liter engine eh, and I was lurking for electric motors, but I got swarmed and I was running from all the hordes.

How good is the chittin / bone vehicles?

The newly cristened M.O.T.H.E.R., Mobile Organization and Tactical HomE Rig.

Made from 2 humvees and a security van the outside is almost all Mil comp plated except one spot with hard plating, the interior is steel plated until i can find more Mil comp.

• 2 large electric engines
  • 2 person sleeper cabin
  • chem lab
  • welding rig
  • electric forge
  • kitchen unit
  • mini fridge
  • 5 cargo carriers
  • 3 gas tanks
  • 3 disel tanks
  • 1 dirty water tank
  • 1 clean water tank
  • 1 hydrogen tank? Dont have a use for it but its there.
  • Spiked rambar
  • 1 empty m60 turret
  • 3 security cameras, need the displays
  • 4 store boards in the sleeper cabin

Havent pushed it to its limit yet but its working great so far.

You can add shutter doors where the cargo spots are, so you don´t need to load yourself, unfold an wheeled shopping car /wheelbarrow, load it with the loot you want and pull it to the open shutter door next to your cargo carriers. that would speed up the looting.

Would that replace the heavy boards?

Yep, because they are doors that opens the whole wall if oc, you installed all shutter doors, because that zone for sure is not going to get hit a lot, you can sacrifice the boards but you will save a lot of time dumping stuff inside the cargo carriers.

Good ideal but I dont think ill do that, i want something that can survive a horde crashing against it from all sides, which is worth a bit of inconvenience. Especially since its already pretty maneuverable and still relatively small.

I usually use them and runs just fine without getting hit (in my experience). You can still plate them, unless dunno what you do to destroy your sides.

You can still test an city run.

I’ve been working on a bit of a car swat with the sides of the truck, basically when they hit the front and roll off the side I swing the side of the truck and splat them, also incase i get broad sided by a horde of zombies i dont want them to break into my treasues(junk i pick up) and workshops.

Once they’ve broken through the shutter doors, they won’t be beating on your car anymore. They’ll be walking down the center aisle to eat you. Your stuff will be perfectly fine.

Replaced the back wheels with Caterpillar tracks. Mmm more tanky.

Well, I had some parts to dismantle while plotting to get across a river and…weirdly, I couldn’t gone with a 3-tile canoe as I didn’t hit the issue others had, 3 boards seemed to be adequate. I went with a compact 4-tile design anyway.

Not much, but if I need more utility I could slap some boxes, turrets, headlights maybe. For now it’s just a “get me across the river” device.

New game new vehicle. Day 15 it was finished, been doing some base upkeep before i take it out.

Spiked plating in the front and back. 20in wide wheel up front, 29in wide wheel in the back. Reinforced windscreen. V8 disel engine.

My ElectroCar

Large electromotor(can be 2-3) with massive ammount of storage batteries and solar panels
Military armor and wheels
Reinforced headlights, solar panels and windshields
Cargo with recharge, fridge, welding rig and onboard chem
two cargo for loot
bed and water tank with faucet
also floodlight on top and heavy duty ram with spikes as bamper.
Searching for laser turret to place it above bed

D’awwww. That is so CUTE. Others build these heavy trucks or something even more gargantuan. That’s like the Toyota of apocalypse - the standard compact car for the apocalyptic consumer. Affordable, efficient. A refreshing change to see. Makes me want to become a post-apocalyptic car manufacturer and a dealer. (Now that I think about it, I don’t recall ever seeing a car salesman in any post-apocalyptic game) Anyway, maybe it’s just me but I would swap the chem station’s and the fridge’s places. That way you could reach the fridge from the driver’s seat, which is always important to me personally.

So, I’ve been working on an end condition - a “gather everyone still alive, get enough weapons, and blast our way out” sort of thing. In that regard, I give you the ArmoredEverybodyCarrier:

Outside:

Inside:

I debugged in an artifact so I could see through the boards to get those pics. Here’s the design screen… it takes 2 shots because it’s so big:

It’s 9 tiles wide, 33 tiles long (including the spike row in the front), and is completely covered in military composite armor.

It has three 7.99 liter V8 diesel engines, a 13.8 liter V12, 4 truck alternators (I have 2 7.5kW generators, but they are in use on my ArmoredMeCarrier), and 5 enhanced electric engines.

There are 40 passenger seats, all with 5-point harnesses; each one has a storage battery underneath and an upgraded solar panel above.

There’s a driver’s seat and a backup in the middle, with 11 cameras for the camera system. There are also 17 floodlights to make sure the cameras are useful at night.

There are 12 laser cannon turrets (every approach is in range of at least 2), and one mounted A7 on the driver’s seat.

The construction is entirely heavy frames (heavy duty hatches for doors, with aisle curtains so they can still be opaque when required) and heavy duty boards/quarter panels (double layer around the outside - board inside with turrets/floodlights/cameras on the roof, quarter panels around the outside)/roofs. Also, there is no sheet metal for anything - all aisles are cargo carriers (72 of them).

There’s a row of matching road rollers all the way across the front, and 20 matching tank treads.

It has all the amenities - kitchen, kitchen buddy, mini-fridge, chem lab, welding rig, forge rig.

It has 5 clean water tanks, 5 dirty water tanks (4 funnels), 11 gas tanks, and 13 diesel tanks. I haven’t quite finished putting truck batteries down the center aisle - 13 of them, 7 to go.

So yeah, I think I’m ready to take everybody who wants to come along. I’ve got 2 completely full 55 gallon drums of protein shake to feed them all…

I love it. It’s practically a mobile colony.

Do the spotlights and/or turrets have any problem “seeing” through the outer layer of boards?

Can that thing even turn, though? :V

[quote=“Thwap, post:1097, topic:207”]I love it. It’s practically a mobile colony.

Do the spotlights and/or turrets have any problem “seeing” through the outer layer of boards?[/quote]

The light and sight are a triangle outward from the spot, meaning there are blind/dark areas… which is why I put on so many, to minimize the problem. I could have put them on the outer layer (the heavy duty quarter panels), but then they would be vulnerable, and this thing is going to be hitting some stuff (it’s ridiculously long and quite wide).

Also, that speed is with the gas and diesel engines turned off - they are for emergencies.

Does it really need to? :slight_smile:

Does it really need to? :-)[/quote]
Hm. Now that I think about it, are you allowed to put boat boards on cars to make an amphibious vehicle? Then you could just drive in a straight line forever with that thing.