Vehicle Show and Tell

last I checked 23. the only way I could get to that insane level was by turning skill rust all the way off, and i built about 20 vehicles from scratch to grind my skill up

itty bitty edit, i made a thread on my quest, and i just bumped it. go check it out

Playing around with 0.5: the abundance of parts and a glitch/feature with my toon’s welder not depleting its 500 charges inspired something fun for the “lab” save…

Survivor Corey Toledo’s Pioneer wagon with horsies:

Rollin rollin rollin…rawhide!

Took a couple game days hacking and welding and fending off wildlife and leftover Z, passed out at one point ignoring exhaustion, finally bunked in the gas station bathroom (horrors), it rained and Corey Toledo was still nursing his cold at the end. Would have done it somewhere secluded but the town’s where the wrecks were at, and it happened to be right next to the gas station for quick gasngo. And now, to head west to see what’s become of the rest of the country…

Other ideas:
Biker gang! It seems possible to lay down parts and at some point delete connecting parts between sections. Basically just 1 “vehicle” made up of several motorbikes spaced apart. Bonus if you give each “motorbike” a full set of parts.

[quote=“Miloch, post:51, topic:207”]Here is my most recent creation.

It’s heavily plated in steel, three V6’s, a ram plate, a rv kitchen, a bed, three storage batteries, a solar panel, fourteen gas tanks, one water tank (with the rv unit), three steel jerry cans full of fuel, and spare tires and parts.
Controls in both seats for when I just gotta leave! :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite liveable.[/quote]
I just added interior lighting! A headlight inside of the vehicle! It’s very useful to read by! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s rather inefficient.

Solar Panel and driving around keep my stuff powered just fine. It works out in the end. Even with five headlights on the front of the vehicle.

No, your car is actually fine, I forgot to quote this guy.

You can reach the speed of light with half that many engines and not use nearly that much fuel, either.

My only issue with mine is I wish I had more storage space. Wish I could find some big hauler trucks. I’d take this thing apart just to build something better. :stuck_out_tongue: I found two but they are smack dead in the middle of swamp hell.

Off-topic but I like your view port. What font and settings are you using?

Here is my FONTDATA file.

cootue_curses_square_16x16 16 16
What is your mechanics skill? Thats a lot of engines.

This is epic.

[quote=“vultures, post:71, topic:207”]

What is your mechanics skill? Thats a lot of engines.

This is epic.[/quote]

… I am confused by your logic.

How are the words I typed epic?

... I am confused by your logic.

How are the words I typed epic?

I disgust quoting too much, so the focus is on the converse you did, less than on words.
The punchline is epic, enough said. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Austupaio, post:67, topic:207”]No, your car is actually fine, I forgot to quote this guy.

You can reach the speed of light with half that many engines and not use nearly that much fuel, either.[/quote]

that’s what I could find. the purpose of the vehicle was purely to achieve 1,000 mph. and it was all done with scavenged materials

And now sir, my newest creation. A mobile home that started life as a semi truck!

All Floors are Floor Trunks.
The windshields behind the tires have tires under them.
The windshields in the back have tires under them.
Currently 3xV8s
Six Gas tanks
My To Do list:

[ul][li]RV Kitchen Unit[/li]
[li]More Steel Plating[/li]
[li]Probably take out the interior walls for more storage[/li][/ul]

How did you put roof above wheels?

I don’t have one. If a tile has a roof, windshield, or board, then it’s weatherproof.

That’s true, thanks.

16 wide wheels, a V8 engine, hard plating over each wheel and steel plating over everything else. It’s got more storage than I could ever need and an enclosed cab so I can sleep safely.

I built this from scratch initially as a mobile base, hence the 24 floor trunks. Eventually I got tired of how fragile it was and added another layer of frames, redundant wheels, armour plating over everything and I ended up with this monster.

At this point it’s basically indestructible, I drove it through a hospital at 100 km/h and only lost 2 wheels and a windshield.

All I need now is a bunch of flamethrowers…

I’m contemplating making something a big as I can. Pretty much a mobile base. It’d take forever. So I may wait till .6 is fully released as I remember there are some driving changes to be made.

Built from scratch in a public works, chopping up 5 or so other vehicles. Mobile base. The two beds near the seats are just there for flavor. Second RV unit just because I can. The inner doors are there so that if they’re closed I can steer the vehicle from the rear seat to take out turrests without them shooting me (emergency measure). Overall not really designed to ram anything other than wildlife.