Vehicle Show and Tell

Turrets can be turned on and off the same way as ammo. And they act like a trunk for storage. If there is compatible ammo inside their tile they fire it.

The machinegun goes through ammo wtfbbq fast though. I mean it just barfs lead. So you might wanna turn it on only for 1 turn at a time. Or else you may find 3 months worth of ammo collection vanish in the space of a city block.

I love this thread!

Based on a motorcycle. Wheels on the top and bottommost solar panel tiles.

Solar panels. Where are you solar-users finding them? I’ve managed to find one storage battery & one electric motor in separate world maps. Been through 3-4 garages so far on this map.

If I understand things properly, it’s not possible to install both a gasoline & an electric motor on a given chassis & switch between them as needed, though, so making Das Auto* probably wouldn’t work anyway.

*As in the car-version of Das Boot. (I have the 6-hour German version, if it matters.) Burns gas to move quickly & runs off charge to sneak through town. Bonus if modded from a Beetle chassis.

ka, i got one from an npc one but all the others came from the garages. yes, they are very infrequent. and they are no sturdier than a flashlight. now i don’t know if they magically inherit some of the strength of the roof plating you put them one - or if they are simply the most fragile piece of equipment in the game.

i can not even keep my headlights repaired during a cruise through a new town but i’ve not run out of flashlights yet. not ever. not even close. because of that i would not even bother with solar.

but i have this untested suspicion that i energy storage units would loose their charge if i took them out of a frame acting as a ‘solar farm’ and then put them into a car. i would probably build a solar something if i tested that and it would hold charge. but take the panel on the road or near a swamp. nope.

how do others do it, i mean, are there actual solar users that have had their car for more than a season? … no that its not raining all the time, it sure appeals!

Not more than a season but I had reasonable luck with some at the back of the vehicle. If nothing’s impacting them directly they take much less damage, and in my experience that’s enough to keep them in repairable shape between repair splurges.

They hardly seemed to power anything though, so I’ve never really bothered since then.

hey i finally got around to playing with vehicles again and as i was rebuilding my 02 workhorse in a completely cheaty way … so i could have at least some continuity between games … i confirmed that, yes, gas tanks loose all their contents when you take them out of a vehicle. i suspect that nixxes the idea of solar charging stations. for now anyway.

and here’s the pixs. first the action shot where i blew out a trunk but not the super cool 30" wide tire by going over a deep pit:

and here’s the formal in the shop view centered on the controls:

14 trunks, 6 gas tanks, 12ish headlights. easy to access central seating for a great all-around perspective; trunks galore for the busy driver and conveniently located loot bins where you need them most.

as before i’ve not figured out how to properly close the corners of the cab, but i like the windows there all the same. all original and looted parts xcept for the plating. i just could not bear the pain of having do do all that running around again. good thing the wishing fairy was kind. engine upgrades and rear extension to come as i find them.

It’s time for me to resurrect this thread! Show me your vehicles!

I was in a town that seemed to have no working vehicles. I found a car chassis and a quad chassis. Didn’t find any engines. I made controls and found a metal tank. I finally found a lawn mower in a hardware store. I used the lawn mower engine with the quad and called it a rider mower. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is my most recent creation.

It’s heavily plated in steel, three V6’s, a ram plate, a rv kitchen, a bed, three storage batteries, a solar panel, fourteen gas tanks, one water tank (with the rv unit), three steel jerry cans full of fuel, and spare tires and parts.
Controls in both seats for when I just gotta leave! :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite liveable.

That reminds me, I need to do that with my next messed-up creation of metal and foot pedals. (I can never find any good engines D:)

Engines are easy to find in .5. You need to look for a vehicle that is either out of gas or has four flat tires.

All the ones I can find ether have broken engines, or I have yet to find a hacksaw. Damn garage spawns.

I get hacksaws pretty commonly off of zombies. Also, lots of tools in public works buildings and furniture stores.

Did anyone actually manage to make a Death bus? Like, 5x15? Turrets in corner places and stuff?
I’m rigging a blood-red Mad Max ride, will be featured. :slight_smile:

All the ones I can find ether have broken engines, or I have yet to find a hacksaw. Damn garage spawns.[/quote]

Vehicles in towns are either chassis, four flat tires, or busted engine.
Vehicles on the roads between towns can be fine except for gas. So grab a small container, fill it with gas, find an out of gas vehicle, drive to said gas station. You got a ride my friend. It’s really easy way to start.

With all my being, i wish that i could show the Builder Bike here, but i just cannot get the image to stick, so that’s that.

Here is a list of components in anycase just to show how crazy my Bike is

It started from a peddle bike to this

15 Trunks
20 Boxes
muffler, controls, 1.86 Liter V-twin (uses 1 gas, gets me up to 80, do i care if its small?)
11 gasoline tanks
15 roofs
1 bed
3 solar panels
2 storage batteries
1 large electric engine
47 Steel plating
1 hard plating
2 17" Wheels
2 18" Wheels
1 34" Wheel
61 Window panes
3 Hydrogen Tanks*
(Not in use yet, filled but haven’t found a reactor yet mostly because i have more then enough gas storage, who needs that much gas when you have solar also?)

Still under construction, oh if only i could just get the stupid thing to work, the world would be amazed, my storage alone is the largest anyone has, i have 3 trunks filled with Molotovs, 6 with ammo and guns, 2 with parts when i find more batteries, (TOOLSET, WHY YOU AVOID ME SO?)
4 with food and 3 with Canteens and Gallon jugs of clean water

I will keep a summery of all my daily additions here, while the actual image is unavailable.
The size is currently 12-Wide and 15-Long

[size=12pt][glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]LONG LIVE THE BUILDER BIKE [/shadow] [/glow] [/size]

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Defiance. Spiked and bladed front and sides, superalloy, spiked, and hard composite plating, a single turret, solar panels, four gas tanks, five specialized full trunks, four specialized floor trunks, a bed with some general supplies underneath it, a snack box just in case I get hungry while driving, two sets of controls for speedy getaways, and, of course, a kitchen.

you guys and your cute little cars.

dickwave.png.html.flv

im going to upgrade it soon. busy.

[quote=“ballfairy, post:60, topic:207”]you guys and your cute little cars.

dickwave.png.html.flv

im going to upgrade it soon. busy.[/quote]
What is your mechanics skill? Thats a lot of engines.