Vehicle Mounted Turrets not functional

I’ve already made an issue on the repo but I figured the extra exposure wouldn’t hurt.
Basically any turret that is on a vehicle doesn’t work; you can’t configure it and aiming it manually tells you it’s offline when it shouldn’t be.

Details/Screenshot/Savefile on the repo

If you’re using the vehicle additions mod you need to make a special turret to be able to fire it manually (or automatically) from any controls in your vehicle. if you want to fire it manually you have to be in the same tile as the turret with no weapon equipped and no holstered weapon then press ‘f’ like you were going to fire a wielded weapon.

I’m mostly interested in having it sit on my car while I walk around and shoot things and have it provide firing support, or just shoot enemies while im driving through somewhere.
How do I make a ‘special turret’? I crafted the ‘mountable turbolaser cannon’ from the menu, welded a turret chassis on my car and then the cannon into the chassis.

I don’t have the game open at the moment, but there should be something about a turret, it’ll require a fire control unit in the crafting ingredients and a decent level in Computers skill

Hmmm, I don’t have anything except actual guns/turrets in my crafting menu looking for c:fire control, but my computer skill isn’t that high. Sitting in the tile and hitting F worked, though, so I’ll keep levelling it and look again later.
Thank you for the help

[quote=“Terranaut, post:5, topic:9947”]Hmmm, I don’t have anything except actual guns/turrets in my crafting menu looking for c:fire control, but my computer skill isn’t that high. Sitting in the tile and hitting F worked, though, so I’ll keep levelling it and look again later.
Thank you for the help[/quote]

If I remember correctly the skill requirement for an automated browning turret is like 5 mechanics (…or maybe fabrication?) and 5 computers. Regardless, not a problem.

I’m just looking over the jsons of the mod, but I think Ekarus is referring to the “fire control system” - at least the description seems to fit, and it appears you can install it in a vehicle
Description: A small computer core that holds an adaptable program to target and operate mounted weapon systems

However, it just needs a computer skill of 3, so…I’m not entirely sure if it’s the right part.

(Also, Damn you, keyboard, sending the post while I still write it >:o)

[quote=“Kadian, post:7, topic:9947”]I’m just looking over the jsons of the mod, but I think Ekarus is referring to the “fire control system” - at least the description seems to fit, and it appears you can install it in a vehicle
Description: A small computer core that holds an adaptable program to target and operate mounted weapon systems

However, it just needs a computer skill of 3, so…I’m not entirely sure if it’s the right part.

(Also, Damn you, keyboard, sending the post while I still write it >:o)[/quote]

There’s two recipes, one you rip from a turret (like the enemy) the other you build from scratch.

I can craft a fire control system, although it doesn’t explicitly say you need it to make autonomous turrets on vehicles I probably should’ve thought about that since the stand-alone versions that you can drop on the floor require that thingie. My bad. :stuck_out_tongue: I might check that out sometime, but after seeing the turbolaser in action I’ve decided against giving that one in particular a free will. The explosions of that thing are -huge- and it’d probably harm me more than anything else.