Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)

Sorry for my poor English.
Sorry for changing your mod without permit ,Blaze :frowning:

I made a makeshift for this mod.
Please backup your savedata before use this!!!
I’m not a programmer so I just try to fix problems according to Debugs error.
And I have no idea about those specific value like energy and engine power so I just use those value already in the mod.

When loading the game with this makeshift will shows Debug : vehicle part oozle uses undefined fuel oozle.
The bug looks like have no influence on game and I can’t find which part is using oozle as fuel to fix it so I just ignored it.

Significant changes:

-Vortex engine now use no fuel, but you still need energy in your vehicle to start it.
This is because when I tried to make water as fuel of vortex engine, no matter how I change the fuel energy of water,the consumption is ridiculous- 0.3~0.5L per turn.
So according Blaze’s description I decide change the Vortex engine acts as a powerful motor consuming no thing actually.
The power of vortex engine is 400000,pretty insane while a enhanced electric motor has only 500 power.

-Add recipes of hoppers in WEAPON_MAGAZINES

-Oozing feeder now can transform to oozing assimilator and oozing pod.
Looks like player can’t get these parts by normal gaming,I guess it was a miss and fixed it.

-Diamond plating now need 250unit spiral matrix to install, as other diamond parts.

-Rail racks are available now.

-Removed CVD machine request from spiral matrix recipes so players can make it in normal play.

Here is the makeshift
mega.nz/#!9DQByJBY!7crCDglc9NFypSG2OhzvGRqaCmUe1a1wLrtdeMfcEho
Please backup your savedata before use this!!!

I’ve put up a fork of the mod on GitHub with Blaze’s blessing

[quote=“Maddremor, post:762, topic:7616”]I’ve put up a fork of the mod on GitHub with Blaze’s blessing

https://github.com/Maddremor/cdda-Blazemod[/quote]

So this is a “fixed” version of the “Vehicle Additions Pack” that you can normally enable in the launcher? Just delete that one and install this, right? I’m kinda new to all this.

I’m not sure how to enable this version in the launcher, or if it is at all possible to do so, but I can tell you how to add it manually. In order to use this one, what you will need to do is download it from Github by following the link, then pressing the green “Clone or download” button, followed by the “Download ZIP” button. The file will be downloaded to the specified download location, usually a folder labeled “Downloads”, on Windows devices.

The ZIP archive will be called “cdda-Blazemod-master”. Open it and you will find another folder with the same name. That folder goes inside of the game’s “mods” folder (cataclysmdda-0.C\data\mods, for the latest experimentals). You will also need to delete the old Blazemod folder to ensure that the game doesn’t attempt to access the wrong mod.

[quote=“Maddremor, post:762, topic:7616”]I’ve put up a fork of the mod on GitHub with Blaze’s blessing

https://github.com/Maddremor/cdda-Blazemod[/quote]
This version still have problem with diamond plating and making spiral matrix.
I uploaded fixed version on megalink in my post.

Mintbullet, if you feel like fixing stuff on the GitHub version, I would really appreciate it if you did.

I haven’t registered on the GitHub…
Just do some little changes can fix the problem so I just post here.
Here are the changes:

In blaze_vt_parts.json
Add this between line 207-208

“requirements” : {
“install” : {
“skills” : [[“mechanics”, 1]],
“time” : 30000,
“using” : “blazemod_diamond”
},
“removal” : {
“time” : 5000,
“using” : “blazemod_diamondminor”
},
“repair” : {
“time” : 10000,
“using” : “blazemod_diamondfix”
}
},
“damage_reduction” : {
“all” : 20 },

In blaze_vt_recipes.json
Delete line 106 and the last comma in line 105.

And thanks for your work. I know nothing about the GitHub…

I’ve added your fixes.

Were ballista bolts and launchers removed from the mod? In my recipe list i still have things like the Nova bolt and a ballista bolt rack, but lack the Scorpion (Blaze’s name for a ballista launcher). Am I just blind and missing a different ballista-bolt launcher?

Other>Parts
Archery lv5 is required.

I’ve been using the modified version you guys posted but the vortex generator still doesn’t work, anyone got any ideas or plans?

1. Try drop some water(not in a container) somewhere next to your vehicle using U.
  2. Exam your vehicle then Fill vortex generator, now you should be able to select water as fuel.
  3. Now use vortex generator as a normal reactor.

I don’t know how the reactors work exactly in the code. I guess they can only receive one kind of fuel at a time and they can’t accept liquid in container.

1. Try drop some water(not in a container) somewhere next to your vehicle using U.
  2. Exam your vehicle then Fill vortex generator, now you should be able to select water as fuel.
  3. Now use vortex generator as a normal reactor.

I don’t know how the reactors work exactly in the code. I guess they can only receive one kind of fuel at a time and they can’t accept liquid in container.[/quote]
I don’t know what to think of it, but that worked perfectly. Currently have a vortex generator running in my car. Thanks for your help!
Seems to use 1 water every 6 hours or so? I didn’t really look at it closely but it seems usable. I just wish I had more since the vortex stone I used to make it dropped from a doom slave of all things…

So minor(ish) issue with the vortex engine. It has 400000 power. In other words, enough to get a lightly modified Electric SUV to a safe speed of ~246000km/h. Zoom. Also, this means that it produces a pretty substantial noise. I do not know how much noise yet, because it deafened my character instantly. Also takes about 25 minutes to start up for some strange reason.

honestly i’m ashamed how long it took me to notice this if true, but do blobs only drop blob globs with blazemod installed? cause they haven’t been dropping anything lately, although, i think i saw a replacement way to craft the blob frames, not sure though.

Crossposting from bunker, because it seems to be more mod-related:

As far as I can tell, if you use an electric engine (large or enhanced, likely) as your actual engine, but add a small gas/diesel engine with all possible generators attached to re-charge the batteries, you can get WAAAY better mileage per liter of fuel than if you used that fuel to drive the MAIN engine itself.

To clarify how it works: you only leave the main electric engine ON when you drive, and when you park you disable the electric engine and enable the combustion one and let it run at idle while you do whatever it is you came to do. You can get 2+ full storage batteries out of 5-10 liters of fuel that way, and from my calculations two full storage batteries provide much MORE of watt-hours of engine power than 10 liters of gas if used directly in combustion engine.

Is this intended? Or are my numbers just way off and large combustion engines are nowhere near as fuel-intensive as I assume?

Edited:
So I checked the numbers, and in 0.C-6513 (with vehicles pack installed) large electro engine lists 40 000 e-power consumption giving 400 normal power.
While a gas-powered engine can generate ~12 000 e-power with all generator types installed.
I’m not sure how well gas consumption is tracked, but it’s linear with engine power afaik, and theoretically you need less than 30 normal power to run those generators.
So it’s about 100-110 units of normal power via gas engine to produce e-power for 400 power electro engine.
And it’s even better for smaller electro engines

[quote=“Tamior, post:776, topic:7616”]Crossposting from bunker, because it seems to be more mod-related:

As far as I can tell, if you use an electric engine (large or enhanced, likely) as your actual engine, but add a small gas/diesel engine with all possible generators attached to re-charge the batteries, you can get WAAAY better mileage per liter of fuel than if you used that fuel to drive the MAIN engine itself.

To clarify how it works: you only leave the main electric engine ON when you drive, and when you park you disable the electric engine and enable the combustion one and let it run at idle while you do whatever it is you came to do. You can get 2+ full storage batteries out of 5-10 liters of fuel that way, and from my calculations two full storage batteries provide much MORE of watt-hours of engine power than 10 liters of gas if used directly in combustion engine.

Is this intended? Or are my numbers just way off and large combustion engines are nowhere near as fuel-intensive as I assume?

Edited:
So I checked the numbers, and in 0.C-6513 (with vehicles pack installed) large electro engine lists 40 000 e-power consumption giving 400 normal power.
While a gas-powered engine can generate ~12 000 e-power with all generator types installed.
I’m not sure how well gas consumption is tracked, but it’s linear with engine power afaik, and theoretically you need less than 30 normal power to run those generators.
So it’s about 100-110 units of normal power via gas engine to produce e-power for 400 power electro engine.
And it’s even better for smaller electro engines[/quote]

gear ratios and stuff no longer exist.

Is this mod still being updated? I really like the blob vehicles but they do feel very incomplete. It’s unfortunate that they don’t have tiles for any tileset but they don’t look too out of place with Retrodays. It looks like the Retrievers and (Directed) Gel Lamps don’t work at all. Also it seems shock bulbs and razors set to automatic will only fire at targets very close to the vehicle despite having much further range.

Hi. I hope someone can answer a question for me…

I’m trying to install a 30mm autocannon on my tank. Apparently I can on certain areas such as the outermost frames but it won’t let me put one in the middle of my vehicle where I could actually sit on a seat and use the damn thing.

I can’t work out exactly what the limitations are on what you can mount one of these weapons onto.

e.g. I tried with and without a seat mounted, with and without a cargo space mounted…

Advice would be appreciated. I’m using an outdated version of the game but I imagine this is something that won’t have been changed too much.

Does it replace the roof or something weird like that?

I’m also not sure exactly how the game handles vehicle weapons shooting from the inner tiles of the vehicle to hit enemies outside the vehicle. Is it possible for the weapons to hit the vehicle?

[quote=“DG123, post:779, topic:7616”]Hi. I hope someone can answer a question for me…

I’m trying to install a 30mm autocannon on my tank. Apparently I can on certain areas such as the outermost frames but it won’t let me put one in the middle of my vehicle where I could actually sit on a seat and use the damn thing.

I can’t work out exactly what the limitations are on what you can mount one of these weapons onto.

e.g. I tried with and without a seat mounted, with and without a cargo space mounted…

Advice would be appreciated. I’m using an outdated version of the game but I imagine this is something that won’t have been changed too much.

Does it replace the roof or something weird like that?

I’m also not sure exactly how the game handles vehicle weapons shooting from the inner tiles of the vehicle to hit enemies outside the vehicle. Is it possible for the weapons to hit the vehicle?[/quote]

I don’t think weapons can shoot the vehicle they’re attached to. Your problem probably stems from solar panels, as they use the same space that turrets do.