Vehicle Additions Pack (Updated December 8)

[quote=“DG123, post:779, topic:7616”]Hi. I hope someone can answer a question for me…

I’m trying to install a 30mm autocannon on my tank. Apparently I can on certain areas such as the outermost frames but it won’t let me put one in the middle of my vehicle where I could actually sit on a seat and use the damn thing.

I can’t work out exactly what the limitations are on what you can mount one of these weapons onto.

e.g. I tried with and without a seat mounted, with and without a cargo space mounted…

Advice would be appreciated. I’m using an outdated version of the game but I imagine this is something that won’t have been changed too much.

Does it replace the roof or something weird like that?

I’m also not sure exactly how the game handles vehicle weapons shooting from the inner tiles of the vehicle to hit enemies outside the vehicle. Is it possible for the weapons to hit the vehicle?[/quote]
All the Tank guns are mounted on the roof until the game can simulate z-level vehicle turrets. Try installing a roof over your firing position.

Hey Folks,

Really sorry if this is adressed elswhere but or the life in me Ii can’t seem to find out how to make the blob parts, I have level 10 in Fabricat, cooking and Construction, but the only crafting recipies I have are for the blob feeds/Liquid Feed.

No frames, no “gelectrode”, amorphous heart, nothing like that :S.

I can see the parts when I examine vehicles, tanks and making frames out of gelatenous/gray/oozing is fine, i can see the amourphous heart and add it when i spawn the item in, but don’t know how/can’t see the crafting recipe for the heart and other parts.

I checked the PAQ and even the crating files themsleves, it seems like the “Autolearn” tag isn’t working for these pieces.

Im sorry if there’s some secret I’m missing but beyond spawning the items in with the “Wish for Item” I can’t seem to find a way to get these items in my game, am I missing something?

[quote=“Duros, post:782, topic:7616”]Hey Folks,

Really sorry if this is adressed elswhere but or the life in me Ii can’t seem to find out how to make the blob parts, I have level 10 in Fabricat, cooking and Construction, but the only crafting recipies I have are for the blob feeds/Liquid Feed.

I can see the parts when I examine vehicles, tanks and making frames out of gelatenous/gray/oozing is fine, i can see the amourphous heart and add it when i spawn the item in, but don’t know how/can’t see the crafting recipe for the heart and other parts.

I checked the PAQ and even the crating files themsleves, it seems like the “Autolearn” tag isn’t working for these pieces.

Im sorry if there’s some secret I’m missing but beyond spawning the items in with the “Wish for Item” I can’t seem to find a way to get these items in my game, am I missing something?[/quote]
Unless you are working a different version or something you can craft a growing blob frame which then turns into a gelatinous mass which is then where you can craft a whole bunch of stuff.

can someone explain how to install this mod or what version i need to play with this mod, I cant seem to get this or the weapons pack to work on any of my games, and ive never been able to, even though I’ve tried many times, i keep getting errors.

Fixed it by doing this,

That's because the fuel deffinition for engines changed from "fuel" to "fuel_type" and this mod wasn't udpated to reflect that (or some other changes for that matter). The version you get from the launcher will work, but lacks some newer features.

changing the fuel to fuel_type in 2 places that gave me errors fixed this problem and allow me to use it in the latest experimental

Im sorry if there’s some secret I’m missing but beyond spawning the items in with the “Wish for Item” I can’t seem to find a way to get these items in my game, am I missing something?[/quote]

I’ve had the same problem. The recipes simply aren’t there, not even when using the debug menu to unlock all recipes.

In my case, this was caused by a conflict with the “Mutation Changes” mod. That mod blacklists the vanilla mutagen (which is used to craft most of the growing blob parts) and substitutes it with its own variants. I solved it by replacing every instance of “mutagen” in the blaze_blob_recipes file with “mutagenM.”

you have to craft items named something like “growing mass” that you have to activate when enough time has passed, and they transform into the blob vehicle parts, you can then disassemble into 2 growing mass that takes less time to be the base item, effectively duplicating it, this can be done in each tier of base parts
you can reload them with blob feed and activate them and this will generate multiple mobile blobs that can be touched to transform into the base item again, but do it with care as i think they can multiply to infinity running in the wild if you don’t catch it all, any enclosed space seems to work, maybe a basement, but they don’t seem to escape through closed windows, this makes a LOT of the base item in some cases, and they are really heavy (especially the last tier)
and finally, you can evolve into next tier with some blob feed and a bit more time for growing, and the other parts for turrets and stuff

hey how do you automatically reload a turret? I installed a turret chassis and a .50 barrett rifle, but it still needs a magazine and wont auto reload. I am also unable to refill the .50 bmg rack. I placed both refilled magazines and .50 bmg ball rounds on the tile(seat) below the turret

Unfortunately the racks don’t work. The updates have not been kind to this mod.

I think you can manually load the racks into the turret like a magazine. At least, that worked for me with the giant slingshot.

No the guy was talking about the version that ships with the game not the semi fixed version.

No the guy was talking about the version that ships with the game not the semi fixed version.[/quote]

OHH thank you i totally forgot to grab the updated version. Unfortunately, the updated version also doesnt allow turrets to reload automatically

No the guy was talking about the version that ships with the game not the semi fixed version.[/quote]

OHH thank you i totally forgot to grab the updated version. Unfortunately, the updated version also doesnt allow turrets to reload automatically[/quote]
You need to look for the version someone made that was a sort of makeshift fix. Blaze seems to have not updated this mod at all for almost a year now.

Oh I see, that version is around this thread somewhere, shouldn’t be more than a few pages back…

Well, somehow, i made it work even with vortex core in recent (week or so) version by rewriting few lines in blaze json. I use blaze from basic pack, that one from few posts ago don´t work at all, so i must work at it myself. It work nice, only if i knowhow to set something to infinite :smiley: