Vaults?(Spoiler warning)

So I was messing around one day, trying to survive, when I found a small town, full of irradiated wanderers. What was even more interesting was that there was a two tile church that didn’t look like any I’d seen before (In this game), and a bunch of strange craters. About to die, I decided to scrap the character and go into debug mode to check it out (Yes, I know, I’m a cheater. But who really cares in a single player game?).

NOTE: I’m pretty sure this is something spoiler heavy, which I didn’t really mind ruining for myself, but if you do value that spoiler free play-through, ignore the rest of this.

Using reveal map, I looked around and saw a huge sewer system underneath, as well as two “Caverns” on z-1. On z-2 and z-3, there was a mess of yellow and white symbols (Work in progress?) which were labelled as “Vault library” and “Hospital” and “Housing” etc. I noticed there were two groups of NPCS, both told me to get out, in one sentence, with one option. There was a ton of loot in there, plenty of clothes on the ground, and lots of geiger counters. The vault seems to be static, not randomly generated, though I’m not 100% sure. If you want to spawn it in debug mode in the overmap editor, it’s labelled “necropolis”.

Does anyone have a clue as to what this is?

I added Spoiler tags to your post since it seemed like what you were going for anyway.
If you want to be spoiled:

It’s the start of a statically defined “survival vault” verry much like fallout vaults. The author Acadia gets busy with work periodically and has to stop adding stuff, the necropolis is as you guessed still a work in progress. Iirc the plan is for a 4-level vault, not counting the town and sewer system, with a large number of npcs and quests.

It seems like a cool place, though my only gripe about it is that increasing the enemy spawn rate in world gen makes exploring the place a headache due to how crowded the place becomes.

A quick complaint about them, very often (especially with z-levels enabled) npc spawn outside of safe rooms and quest giving nps are slaughtered before the green tide.

That has been my experience as well - I’ve battled my way in twice, and the NPCs were all dead both times.

Best thing to do with vaults is blow up the entrance and let everything inside rot.

I tested, and the NPCs don’t give you any quests. Yet. Can’t wait for when they do, though.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:2, topic:13629”]I added Spoiler tags to your post since it seemed like what you were going for anyway.
If you want to be spoiled:

It’s the start of a statically defined “survival vault” verry much like fallout vaults. The author Acadia gets busy with work periodically and has to stop adding stuff, the necropolis is as you guessed still a work in progress. Iirc the plan is for a 4-level vault, not counting the town and sewer system, with a large number of npcs and quests.
[/quote]
Okay, thank you. One question, is the town level supposed to be similar to something in Fallout? I haven’t played the game, so I wouldn’t know, but maybe someone here has?

The town isn’t modeled after anything in particular, it’s just a facade to hide the vault.