[SPOILERS] The Necropolis, the Vault, and You!

So right now, I’m doing an on-going investigation of what Necropolis and what the vault is~ For those of you who don’t like to explore on your own: Unite! For I am compiling a detailed list of the entire area, but currently have only gotten information on the vault. This is subject to alot of change, and will be worked on over time. The link to the Item Groups Spawns, the Monsters, the locations, Tips and tricks, and guides can be found in this little link here!

Now, for those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, read on!

What /IS/ the Necropolis? Well, let me explain. Not every town in this apocalypse we find ourselves in is completely pristine. Of course, you see the occasional pile-up…The shattered and ruin building…But no. What we’re talking about in the complete hell. There are towns that were center crosshairs to the bombs, and were completely decimated as a result. All that’s been left behind is radiation, ruins, and the lost american dream.

There are many survivors who choose to brave these desolate cities and face head-on the fierce radiation in hopes of finding new sources of loot and lost treasures. Are you one of these brave fools who dares test their mettle?

Those who have embraced the apocalypse know the rumors well. Stories of shelled cities, and their secrets. There’s a lot of people who spin tales about these cities people’s knowing the danger. They say the people retreated to the underground, with all their precious goods intact. There is a many a man looking for these rumored “Vaults”. Some hoping to find civilization and security like in the old days, and some hoping to pick apart the remains of the long extinct people. Will you be the one to finally find it? Or will you be of the many to fall victim to the horde, or hunger, or madness?

I for one am curious about these necropolis thingies. I went into one, but after 10 minutes of irl exploration I couldn’t find anything. Please share the secrets of the necropolis with me, oh mighty OP :smiley:

I found one but, like Noodles of Doom, couldnt find anything beyond usual stuff. Z,s Irradiated Wanderers, water pump, bar and sewers. I cant say that I checked it completely, so it would be interesting to know some more about that town, if anyone has something to add.

I’ve been all through one in heavy power armor. Didn’t find any loot I couldn’t have gotten easier somewhere else. It’s basically just a city with guaranteed milspec turrets all over the place. Was neat to explore once, but can’t imagine wanting to do another. If there’s a “climax” like mines and labs have, I missed it.

acadia just added a ‘climax’ recently to the necropolis

Indeed! When I said the Necropolis held secrets, I wasn’t kidding. The sewers in the experimental version aren’t just there for show. Maybe there’s something special if you look around underground…?

I dont think I have even found a necropolis.

How do I know I have found one,how frequent are they etc etc :?

Thanks

[quote=“stk2008, post:7, topic:9429”]I dont think I have even found a necropolis.

Thanks[/quote]

No problem. What you’ll find is a pretty unique area, which is a static spawned town is full of craters and zombies called “Irradiated Wanderers”. It will always have the same layout, and is much different from most towns. It’s riddled with craters on the map, and has quite a few motels. More or less, you’ll know when you see it. If you’re having trouble, making a Test world and use Reveal map to try and find one.

[quote=“Mr_Badman, post:8, topic:9429”][quote=“stk2008, post:7, topic:9429”]I dont think I have even found a necropolis.

Thanks[/quote]

No problem. What you’ll find is a pretty unique area, which is a static spawned town is full of craters and zombies called “Irradiated Wanderers”. It will always have the same layout, and is much different from most towns. It’s riddled with craters on the map, and has quite a few motels. More or less, you’ll know when you see it. If you’re having trouble, making a Test world and use Reveal map to try and find one.[/quote]

Oh, damns. I think I found one on a playthrough I have up on.

Does that kind of town have a pump station/irridated wanderers spawning underground on the sewers?

[quote=“Mr_Badman, post:8, topic:9429”][quote=“stk2008, post:7, topic:9429”]I dont think I have even found a necropolis.

Thanks[/quote]

No problem. What you’ll find is a pretty unique area, which is a static spawned town is full of craters and zombies called “Irradiated Wanderers”. It will always have the same layout, and is much different from most towns. It’s riddled with craters on the map, and has quite a few motels. More or less, you’ll know when you see it. If you’re having trouble, making a Test world and use Reveal map to try and find one.[/quote]

Cool thanks will look around :slight_smile:

I’ve read somewhere that Necropolis always have “Salon” type of building (and that right fo Necropolis that I found). Maybe It’ll help someone to find it.

If you see irradiated wanderers, you’re in the right place.

Yesss!

Damned souls and the Living ghouls! :-)))

It’s the Salons! Look for the Salons! That is where you will find the Vaults, my children.

If you see irradiated wanderers, you’re in the right place.[/quote]

Unless your character is hallucinating them. They seem to be a favorite of schizophrenic characters I’ve made and the one time I thought the mushroom I got from an NPC was the the kind you put on pizza not the kind that sends you on a trip.