Using vehicle atomic nightlight

I found an atomic nightlight. It’s good to have a permanent light, but it has to be held in inventory to give enough light.

I found out that it can be installed on a vehicle. Maybe it can be turned on, so I can sit there and read? No. It is still “very dark” when it’s turned on and I sit on the same tile.

How does one use a vehicle atomic nightlight?

Nightlights aren’t very strong sources of light, even when not attached to a vehicle. Atomic lamps are a bit better, since you can at least read properly with them. For most part, an atomic nightlight and lamp should at least make you be able to craft in the dark without the need for draining batteries.

If you properly want to do stuff, an atomic nightlight won’t cut it. As Azrad said, an atomic lamp is, technically, better, but still not perfect.

If you want to read in your vehicle, why not put a singular solar panel on it, put some aisle lights on the floor and activate the ilghts? Those give plenty of light for everything, and they don’t drain all that much.

Yeah night lights are pretty useless now.

I thought when you attached the night light to a frame it gave off more light than just holding it? Also, just install controls on a frame, and you can turn on the dome light, like in vehicles, which is enough to read for me.

Dome light is great for mid game, or mobile lighting. For late game you can use a turret to illuminate the inside of your base.

Ah good to know, I’ve made a reinforced window with metal shutters, and have a fireplace from the original owners of the house I am in. I do however have 3 inactive rifle turrets, from breaking into a Bunker. I used the control laptop to make them friendly, while standing one tile north and east of the panel, next to the bunker. I didn’t realize they would immediately shoot the turret across from it causing a huge explosion that barely extended to my location, but luckily it was the last square it extended to. Not sure if that should be in spoiler tag or not, so did just in case.

I am planning on moving and making a new base in a new area, and will probably use them somehow, and probably try to get a few more.

edit: i did strike through instead of spoiler tag, faceplam

If you want all the turrets from a bunker you can use the artificial darkness cbm.

Ah good to know, I haven’t come across that one yet, but my Survivor is becoming more like a machine everyday, so maybe I’ll come across it soon! I still haven’t even found a lab yet.

I’m considering taming a turret for light. When you activate a turret, there’s a chance for it being hostile. In my little underground cave filled with NPCs and loot, a hostile turret would bring chaos, especially its death explosion!

edit:

" use_action": { "type": "place_monster", "monster_id": "mon_turret", "difficulty": 6, "moves": 100, "skill1": "electronics", "skill2": "computer" }
Do I need to get my electronics and computer to 6 to 100% savely place a turret?

[quote="§k, post:10, topic:14252"]I’m considering taming a turret for light. When you activate a turret, there’s a chance for it being hostile. In my little underground cave filled with NPCs and loot, a hostile turret would bring chaos, especially its death explosion!

edit:

" use_action": { "type": "place_monster", "monster_id": "mon_turret", "difficulty": 6, "moves": 100, "skill1": "electronics", "skill2": "computer" }
Do I need to get my electronics and computer to 6 to 100% savely place a turret?[/quote]

I’ve never had a turret that I placed become hostile. Ever.

(Of course, MOST of the turrets I have placed where after I had made a control laptop, so…)

Control laptop requires computer 4 and electronics 7, so probably that’s true. I did place a turret that turned hostle, though. I was alone then. The turret viciously "tsk, tsk"ed when I walked around.

Wow, I didn’t realize there was a possibility for them to turn hostile. I guess don’t give them any ammo and don’t have friendlies around who will attempt to blow them up. Unless you are equipped to handle a rogue turret.