Use for toilets

If a character is suffering from food poisoning of any kind, they should be able to use a toilet to reduce the negative effects and make it wear off more quickly. However, doing so will contaminate the water even further. Close to 100% chance of food poisoning should one drink from said toilet. (Ew)

What do you folks think? It’s probably been suggested before, but I figure it would be more fun if using the toilet was optional and not something a player has to do every couple hours or so.

By the time your character gets sick from food poisoning the virii and other bacteria have already infected you. So vomiting would do nothing to help it.

Also, the player is assumed to drink from the toilet’s tank.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:2, topic:1832”]By the time your character gets sick from food poisoning the virii and other bacteria have already infected you. So vomiting would do nothing to help it.

Also, the player is assumed to drink from the toilet’s tank.[/quote]

Aha. So the toilet wouldn’t be contaminated.

Also I wasn’t talking about a character vomiting exactly. More using the toilet for it’s intended function to expel the toxins from the person’s body.

It has already been said that bodily functions will not be added.

I’m not expecting grisly details that would cause the most hardcore of scat fetishists to blush. Merely suggesting there be a generic ‘You feel much better’ text after activating a toilet.

Nope, adds more tedium-less reward.

If you had to take a piss every minute the game wouldn’t be fun, also it wouldn’t make you feel better. You are infected.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:6, topic:1832”]Nope, adds more tedium-less reward.

If you had to take a piss every minute the game wouldn’t be fun, also it wouldn’t make you feel better. You are infected.[/quote]

Well I’m actually suggesting it as an optional method of ridding yourself of food poisoning, rather than a requirement to use the john every few minutes. Would be a nice way to get through the nasty effects of food poisoning faster, although with a significant thirst penalty. It sounds easy to implement, as long as it’s completely optional and not an actual need.

Feel free to keep the ideas coming, but food poisoning doesn’t work that way, you can’t really do anything to hurry it along once you’re infected except supportive care, which means eating and staying hydrated, and we don’t really model health on that granularity.

Also it doesn’t make sense to need a toilet for this, it doesn’t provide anything except perhaps comfort and sanitation.

While a nice idea, food poisoning doesn’t work quite like that. While diarrhea and vomiting are symptoms of food poisoning, they provide only a small amount of help in removing the bacteria. Most of the work is still done by your body, so forcing yourself to vomit additional times or go to the bathroom more often doesn’t really provide any sort of help to make you get better faster when you have food poisoning.

Edit: Dang, beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:8, topic:1832”]Feel free to keep the ideas coming, but food poisoning doesn’t work that way, you can’t really do anything to hurry it along once you’re infected except supportive care, which means eating and staying hydrated, and we don’t really model health on that granularity.

Also it doesn’t make sense to need a toilet for this, it doesn’t provide anything except perhaps comfort and sanitation.[/quote]

Hmm, yeah. I suppose some people would ask ‘Why can’t I just go in a bush/shallow pit/on a zombie’s face?’. Probably should have read up a bit more about food poisoning, other than relying on personal experience really.

Ahh well, I didn’t expect this idea to be well received in the first place. Ideas involving a toilet rarely are.

It was a hopeful idea with good intentions.

I’d be more interested in busting up the toilet for spare parts, but beyond the flushie plunger thing and a bunch of rubber O-rings I can’t even figure out how to make that particularly useful. Dang toilets are just an idea trap.

Maybe with high enough unarmed skill you could skillfully jam a zombie’s face into a nearby toilet. Best attack method ever.

PVC piping, tank, or small chain/scrap.

Just think a bit about what a toilet is made of and for.

PVC piping gives me hope.

the worst thing toilets in game have done for me is make me look at my toilet at home in a new light. opens cistern