New Exploding Devices

I want to put rotten food to a new use. Throwing them at people! Detonate on impact for minimal damage. Can blind enemies, and disgusts NPCs.

yeeeeaaaahhhh… no.

What have you been smoking kid?
BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A Horible, waste of time, drain of resources, piece of buggy shit, stupid as hell, unrealistic. !!!FUN!!! IDEA!!!
But seriously, no one would use rotten food as a bomb, because it is useless and unrealistic.
Deal with it.

I could understand some kind of zombie-bait-bomb. A bomb wich will attracts zombies and then explode after some time/remotely controlled… But the original idea is just plain useless

Exploding zombie pheromone trap.
Zombie pheromone grenade.
We can already make grenades out of scrap, just add some zombie meat.

I have to ask, where did you get the notion that spoiled food is explosive?

Explosive diarrhea.
Gas.
Lighting farts on fire.
I’m sure this is a hilarious misunderstanding.

The absurdity of throwing tomatoes at zombies during the apocalypse amused me. I only mentioned rotten food because, unless you have certain things, it is essentially trash.

Sighs

[quote=“Cherry, post:7, topic:5860”]Explosive diarrhea.
Gas.
Lighting farts on fire.
I’m sure this is a hilarious misunderstanding.[/quote]
This reminds me of of that IVAN roguelike.
You can throw up on monsters and cover them in vomit, which sometimes dissolves one of their body parts. I think being poisoned or sick with food poisoning increases the damage you do with vomit.
There’s also a can of beans or peas, can’t remember but if you, or a monster would eat that, it would cause uncontrollable farting, leaving a cloud of brown colored gas in the air that caused minimal damage and fear so anything stepping in it would run away.
Also, eating bananas would leave you with a banana peel, which you could use as a trap. I once saw a goblin fell and it broke its neck so hard that it lost the head.

Funniest roguelike ever.

Hmmmm, guess what we need is some way to compost old rotten food into something you can use to increase farm productivity.

[quote=“Chiko, post:10, topic:5860”][quote=“Cherry, post:7, topic:5860”]Explosive diarrhea.
Gas.
Lighting farts on fire.
You can throw up on monsters and cover them in vomit, which sometimes dissolves one of their body parts. I think being poisoned or sick with food poisoning increases the damage you do with vomit.
There’s also a can of beans or peas, can’t remember but if you, or a monster would eat that, it would cause uncontrollable farting, leaving a cloud of brown colored gas in the air that caused minimal damage and fear so anything stepping in it would run away.
Also, eating bananas would leave you with a banana peel, which you could use as a trap. I once saw a goblin fell and it broke its neck so hard that it lost the head.

Funniest roguelike ever.[/quote]
Hilarious.

Or having your arms turned into wood and then strangling goblins to death.

[quote=“gtaguy, post:12, topic:5860”][quote=“Chiko, post:10, topic:5860”][quote=“Cherry, post:7, topic:5860”]Explosive diarrhea.
Gas.
Lighting farts on fire.

Funniest roguelike ever.[/quote]
Hilarious.

Or having your arms turned into wood and then strangling goblins to death.[/quote]
Lolz. The gods in it can be such douchebags. I lost an arm once so I prayed to one of them. I was given a banana flesh arm… I couldn’t even raise my shortsword with the damn thing so I ate it. :3

Also, what is rotten food/organics good for IRL? Could it be used as crap fuel?

Compost fodder and growing mold/fungus are about the only things. :stuck_out_tongue:

You could also decompose it to turn it into biogas (70%-80% methane) under the right circumstances, a fairly simple process that you can easily find instructions on how to do online.

Some ideas, well mostly just larger copy’s of what we have.

Napalm substitute, basicly some thing a bit better than raw petrol, ideally it would stick on you. (oil or petrol plus fat or tallow and soap)

Napalm, mid level chem need to craft but burns hotter/longer (oil or petrol plus fat or tallow and soap and oxidiser)

Gallon fire bomb, a big Molotov with a longer fuse and bigger blast. (70x whiskey OR 70x vodka OR 70x rum OR 70x tequila OR 70x gin OR 70x triple sec OR 2000x gasoline.)

Shrapnel bomb, a big heavy grenade good for taking out a horde. (3l glass jar, string - 3 ft OR string - 6 in,
12x birdshot OR 6x 00 shot OR 4x shotgun slug OR 400x gasoline OR 144x gunpowder,
30x nails OR 100x BB)

I honestly want mortars in the game. Maybe once z-levels are a thing. Climbing to the top of my evac shelter and raining napalm loads on incoming hordes sounds like fun.