Bodily Functions - Never?

I understand not wanting it as part if the core game, but why not even in a mod? Is it so reprehensible?

It’s not reprehensible, it’s pointless, and for clarification, when I say “not even in a mod”, I mean “I’m not going to merge it into the main codebase”, not “you aren’t allowed to code and distribute itself if you want”.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work!

Really though Kevin the least that can be done is add a field effect for vomit that causes the player nausea whenever they’re near it, it makes no sense how a player can vomit and nothing happens beyond the food in your stomach being cancelled out. There should maybe be a more visual indication of the player emptying the contents of their stomach?

Lets just NOT take the Dwarf Fortress route and make the player an infinite fire hose of vomit though.

“Press P to poop”

As stated before, it would be just too much micromanagement, especially with how the time flows in the game. I know that being killed by a jabby when going to pee outside the truck sounds hilarious and pretty cool, but player comfortability is better!

Not like it’d be a bad idea for modification.

Seeing vomit does not give me nausea though? But also I don’t have good olfactory senses, that must be why.

The toilets are doing their job pretty well in Cataclysm as long as we don’t have to think about their cleanliness.

You drink the brown water.

:frowning:

DF actually limits the amount of vomit in each creature - after vomiting, further nausea will only cause retching.

DDA is a bit more strict: survivor will only vomit food and water, never just plain stomach acid.

[quote=“voskhod, post:4, topic:10105”]Really though Kevin the least that can be done is add a field effect for vomit that causes the player nausea whenever they’re near it, it makes no sense how a player can vomit and nothing happens beyond the food in your stomach being cancelled out. There should maybe be a more visual indication of the player emptying the contents of their stomach?

Lets just NOT take the Dwarf Fortress route and make the player an infinite fire hose of vomit though.[/quote]

I don’t know. The PC doesn’t react similarly at the sight of rotten food or corpses, either. Would be really annoying if you can’t reliably eat something between bashing some zombie skulls, or getting sick cause you found weeks old milk while raiding a fridge.

Would make a sewage cannon even more Fun though. But yeah, is otherwise a bit pointless.

I’d like a visual indicator to go with the “you throw up heavily!” mesage, but that’s about it. It’d amount to needing a mop to remove the ~ from the tile, or just going outside your shelter if you’re lazy but still like a clean fort at worst. As handy as the text log is, I still tend to miss some messages like this when spammed by a multitude of other similarly coloured messages XD

Ah right. Giving puke a field effect would be funny as well.

What if toilet needs were special cases only? Like, you’d get afflicted with diarrhea. And only THEN would you be required to relieve yourself quickly or face the consequences, such as:

• Smelly pants (hefty negative morale, increased scentprint for scent-tracking creatures)
  • Dirty legwear and footwear (require washing, skin layer only)
  • Further increased chance of additional infections if the poo problem (pooblem?) isn’t dealt with.

You mean add dysentery as a disease?

…I mostly wanted to post because “pooblem” sent me into a giggle fit. I am truly a five year old.

Vomit != "Poop and related bodily functions"
Obviously, vomiting is already in the game, if someone feels like coding up an item or field to represent it, feel free.

Don’t tempt me. >w>

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:13, topic:10105”]What if toilet needs were special cases only? Like, you’d get afflicted with diarrhea. And only THEN would you be required to relieve yourself quickly or face the consequences, such as:

• Smelly pants (hefty negative morale, increased scentprint for scent-tracking creatures)
  • Dirty legwear and footwear (require washing, skin layer only)
  • Further increased chance of additional infections if the poo problem (pooblem?) isn’t dealt with.[/quote]
    Yeaaaaaaahhhh… no.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:17, topic:10105”][/quote]
Yeaaaaaaahhhh… no.
[/quote]
…And then on the other end of the spectrum, one would have constipation, for not eating enough fibers… Oh… wait… you said ‘no’. :frowning:
W… Would you at least agree to introducing bladder stones? The character would have the occasional need to pee, but it’d be painful as hell, so he’d have to take Tramadol before peeing…
Why are you looking at me like that? :frowning:

I’d say keep it at DF levels. XP

Hahaha this is the best d: