Tourist profession

Give us a tourist profession that starts out with a Hawaiian shirt, khaki shorts, flashy camera, and a cash card.

Would be cool if they didn’t start out with a big chunk of the map revealed too. Goddamn tourists.

Don’t forget the restaurant map and all the food.

Nethack much?

Dont see why not actually.

EEeee! Nethack :3

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:3, topic:5490”]Nethack much?

Dont see why not actually.[/quote]

In my opinion “it’s a thirdhand reference to discworld” is not a good reason to include a feature in a game. Professions are bloated as is

[quote=“One-Eyed Jack, post:6, topic:5490”]In my opinion “it’s a thirdhand reference to discworld” is not a good reason to include a feature in a game. Professions are bloated as is[/quote]The way I see it, there is no reason not to include it. We have a shower victim, a student, a backpacker, a cop, a fireman, a lumberjack, a homeless person, a chain smoker, we have all kinds of professions and “professions”. A tourist is a perfectly valid kind of person who could have survived the apocalypse - that alone is reason enough to include it.

We should also have an expensive-ish “Amateur Cyclist” profession, who starts with nothing but basic clothing, a water bottle, a bicycle helmet, and a folding bicycle, plus a point of driving skill.

Wait a sec, gonna pr that.

Wait a sec, gonna pr that.[/quote]

Hadn’t landed when I punched off. I’d suggest the compression clothes: you were out cycling when the evac came down, and managed to rife to a shelter.

As for the Tourist: FEH! to the nethack reference, but one made with DDA gear might make it in. Tourism and street maps would be good, probably a PDA as well, decently loaded cash card would help, and definitely a duffel bag. Can’t have a knife though.

(Can’t take 'em on the plane!)

Wait a sec, gonna pr that.[/quote]

… or go with “Bike Messenger” and give them a messenger bag too.