Profession Suggestion Megathread - For all your occupational needs

Because I figure we need a place to store all of these, so people don’t need to make a new topic for every little profession.

I’ll start with one; Biker.

Starts with: Leather Jacket, Tank Top, Leather Pants, Boots, pocket knife + matches (since they’re mandatory), a pair of sunglasses, and motorbike helmet. Will cost 1 point.

So, go ahead and add your suggestions.

Go on! Don’t feel nervous; no one will judge you.

I believe ArcticHuntsman had the suggestion of a College/University student. Discussion sofar included some combination of cheap but nice clothes (hipster scarf?), and a starting bag with an education-related book or two (I was assuming like a laptop bag). would cost 2-3 points, depending on how that idea solidifies.

Variants on the thought in that thread included starting off with an alcohol addiction and a few beers in said bag instead, though that makes the trait a negative one, not positive.

c++ coder anyway.
Start with: beard (+10 warmth for mouth), T-shirt, jeans, sweater, sneakers, bag of coffee, 20 cigarettes, beer.
Addictions: Alcohol and smokes.
Skills: +3 to computers.
In daytime sleeps better then in nighttime.
Cost:0

HAH I like the idea of a nocturnalism-inducing profession. Interesting.

Wouldn’t mind some variation of the following:

Medical Doctor:

Starts with: Scalpel (instead of pocket knife), matchbook, First Aid (2), codein (10), Dust mask, Blazer, Dress shirt, Dress shoes, Pants.

Description: You weren’t in your work uniform when you were evacuated, but you still managed to grab a couple things from the hospital on your way out.

Cost: at least 3 points because of the first aid advantage.

Prepared:
Starts with a backpack, a lighter and some water.
Cost: 1

[quote=“Rizhiy, post:5, topic:1416”]Prepared:
Cost: 1[/quote]

add a pocket knife and i’d call that GOLDEN

[quote=“Nopkar, post:6, topic:1416”][quote=“Rizhiy, post:5, topic:1416”]Prepared:
Cost: 1[/quote]

add a pocket knife and i’d call that GOLDEN[/quote]
I thought you start with pocket knife anyway.

Profession: Coma Patient

Starts with: house robe (that’s it - no matches/knife)
addiction: oxycodone (with none on hand)

i like the idea of starting with a very, very confused character a la 28days later or the walking dead. maybe already begin with wounds or a broken limb just to pop that difficulty level up a bit more. obviously this would get you some points for character gen…

[quote=“Tripsky, post:8, topic:1416”]Profession: Coma Patient

Starts with: house robe (that’s it - no matches/knife)
addiction: oxycodone (with none on hand)

i like the idea of starting with a very, very confused character a la 28days later or the walking dead. maybe already begin with wounds or a broken limb just to pop that difficulty level up a bit more. obviously this would get you some points for character gen…[/quote]

and you start in a modified hospital/clinic…complete with chained door and graffiti on the walls…

i thought about this too - i’ve played quite a bit but never actually found a hospital. just trust others when they say that they exist… otherwise waking in one of the doctors offices… in the middle of town… gulp

{
“ident”: “Inept Hunter”,
“name”: “Elmer Fudd”,
“descwiption”:
“It was wabbit season.”,
“points”: -1,
“items”: [“polo_shirt”, “blazer”, “cawgo_pants”, “boots”, “fuw_hat”, “leather_gloves”, “shotgun_s”, “biwdshot”]
“traits”: [“masochist”, “twigger_happy”, “ugly”, “pain_wesistant”, “chemical_imbalance”
},

[quote=“Flare, post:11, topic:1416”]{
“ident”: “Inept Hunter”,
“name”: “Elmer Fudd”,
“descwiption”:
“It was wabbit season.”,
“points”: -1,
“items”: [“polo_shirt”, “blazer”, “cawgo_pants”, “boots”, “fuw_hat”, “leather_gloves”, “shotgun_s”, “biwdshot”]
“traits”: [“masochist”, “twigger_happy”, “ugly”, “pain_wesistant”, “chemical_imbalance”
},[/quote]

bonus if there’s a hidden schizo trait that hallucinates a man rabbit just out of range half the time and the other half he’s talking to you about how bad you are at what you’re doing

{
“ident”: “Hallucination”,
“name”: “Man-Rabbit”,
“description”:
“It WAS wabbit season.”,
“points”: ë,
“items”: [“Nightmares”]
“traits”: [“sadist”, “masochist”, “truth_teller”, “poison_resistant”, “pain_resistant”, “death_resistant”, “terrifying”, “inconspicuous”, “light_step”, “cannibal”]
},

Soldier
Description: You were deployed in Afghanistan, Korea, Dubai… You’ve seen a lot. Done a lot. Some things you regret. Others you don’t. But this infection was something else. You’ve been abandoned by your own country and left to rot. They taught you “marketable skills” in the army; time to try them out.
Traits/Skills/Items: Army Helmet, Kevlar Vest, BDU (Not in yet, but should be), Army Pants, Military Rucksack, M16. If Post Traumatic Stress Disorder could be simulated in Cataclysm, this profession would get the trait, but let’s go with Schizophrenia. Firearms 3.

Party Animal
Description: WHOOOO! Man, this was a great night out! You went to the bar, got really pissed, went to a rave, got high off your tits on ecstasy, went to the backroom of a club, snorted a shitton of cocaine, and wow you did a lot of drugs that night. Though, it was kinda soured by the fact that your friends got eaten alive by zombies, and society collapsed, and you spent five days wandering around in a haze of drugs. Through pure dumb luck, you managed to survive. Can you continue to do so?
Traits/Skills/Items: Cocaine, Alcohol, and Marijuana, with addictions to all but Marijuana. T-shirt, jeans, sneakers.

Operative
Description: You belong to a very secret agency that doesn’t tolerate failure well. You were given your orders. You will carry them out. The world may be ending, society may be falling apart, and the undead may walk the Earth, but your objectives are clear and you must carry them out at all costs.
Traits/Skills/Items: Suit, Dress Shoes, Dress Trousers, S&W 619. Handguns 1, Speech 2.

Survivalist
Description: You knew! You goddamn knew! Those communist shapeshifting lizards in Washington D.C finally released the undead upon the world using their satelite lasers! When America is properly subjugated, they will begin the transformation of America into a liberal dictatorship of communism! Welcome to Soviet America, comrade! You won’t have it! You’ve got your shotgun, you’ve got ammo, you’ve got rations! You will stand against the communist shapeshifters!
Traits/Skills/Items: Double barrel shotgun, boonie hat, raincoat, army pants, MREs, water bottles, backpack. Shotgun 1.