Clayton's Profession Emporium! (New professions mod)

[center][size=12pt]Clayton’s Profession Emporium Mod![/size][/center]

There are probably many of you out there like me who don’t like the initial grind of a new game, or you just want some new professions to choose from!
So I present to you my mod, it adds 5 new profession so far. They are all balanced and each have different uses, they are:

Homeless Man: Start with basic clothing, but a variety of alcohol. Costs 2 points.

Graffiti Artist: Start with a messenger bag and some spray pain, costs 3 points.

Backpacker: Begin with a backpack and some cargo shorts, costs 3 points.

Police Officer: Start with usual police attire, a holster with a Glock 19 and some ammo. Costs 5 points

National Guardsman:Start with your army gear and a rucksack, costs 5 points. No weapons.

More to come!

[size=12pt][center]Download[/center][/size]

[center]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob5mlvlq8p6fnzf/Professions%20Mod.zip[/center]

[center]Installation instructions included, if you need them.[/center]

If you have any questions, bug reports, suggestions or anything of that sort please message me or whatever :smiley:

Bug: the national guard should have a flare gun.

Them’s some costly items.

Is that bad, balance vs. enjoyability wise?

Ooh, the homeless person, and the backpacker and/or the graffiti artist, look like they’d be mainline-appropriate, even with the current rudimentary state of professions. I’m thinking probably the graffiti artist, for flavor reasons.

The homeless person needs more carrying capacity, though - both to hold what they start the game with, and because, well, seems to make sense. Maybe add a hoodie or two?

As for point values: I have no idea how balanced things are, probably not very, though. Chargen point values should probably be addressed more thoroughly, though.

[quote=“Soron, post:5, topic:1574”]Ooh, the homeless person, and the backpacker and/or the graffiti artist, look like they’d be mainline-appropriate, even with the current rudimentary state of professions. I’m thinking probably the graffiti artist, for flavor reasons.

The homeless person needs more carrying capacity, though - both to hold what they start the game with, and because, well, seems to make sense. Maybe add a hoodie or two?

As for point values: I have no idea how balanced things are, probably not very, though. Chargen point values should probably be addressed more thoroughly, though.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look into trying to get a good taste for point balancing. It’s just really hard/awkward assigning point values to something like a backpack, you know?

Also, I hope someone read my in game descriptions of the professions haha. I tried to stay in the same dark humor style as the others.

I think the guard needs a flare gun or some other emergency equipment, like a glow stick or a flare gun.

Is that bad, balance vs. enjoyability wise?[/quote]
I play with 8 starting points and I’d still pick chain smoker over any of these. This stuff can be scavenged pretty easy. Traits can’t.

So just to make sure, you want a flare gun, right?
(So do I.)

Ah, but the glowsticks are so useless IMO. Especially if you have the Night Vision trait. Or at least I haven’t found a reason for them.

Is that bad, balance vs. enjoyability wise?[/quote]
I play with 8 starting points and I’d still pick chain smoker over any of these. This stuff can be scavenged pretty easy. Traits can’t.[/quote]

Yeah, true, but it’s more of for people who want a “quickstart” after doing the same begging routine so many times: smash locker, make crowbar, find backpack, ect.