Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Peeking at the code, it seems the Substance Tolerance trait affects cigarettes, alcohol, weed, coke, meth, and anticonvulsants (ie diazepam).

2 Likes

That’s a relief to hear. Be a shame to take thorazine only for it to last a short while.

You used to be able to make bootleg 8x40mm once you found a book of rivtech schematics, but that went a while ago.

Are there on board autodocs or a mod or this?

There are currently no mobile autodocs and if I have my way there never will be.

2 Likes

Yeah it would kinda erase the change to have them needed in the first place but that’s why I’m also asking if there’s a mod because I can’t be the only one who doesn’t care that much about stationary autodocs.
I suppose it was a balance choice and it was needed because installing unclean CBMs you just found on the run was silly. But now waiting for an autodoc to spawn and brewing anesthetics isn’t really challening either. I found 2 in basements and one in a lab already so all it does it force me to backtrack which isn’t really challening either. We have on board boom cranes and autoclaves already so dimension wise it wouldn’t be out of question. Balance wise, you’d still have to find one and probably need very high skill to take it down, make an onboard version and install it again. This again would also force the player to power the damn thing, since even the basement ones got unlimited power atm.

Aaaanyway, even though I know that the devs won’t make it happen I think more because of balance than realism. I don’t even want to convince you, just share my opinion :slight_smile: But since I expected this I already asked if there’s a mod (which you didn’t tell me yet :open_mouth:). If there isn’t I will check how hard it would be to make one and then decide if I do it myself or accept my fate.

Edit:
Oh and don’t get me started on those damn pouches. I’m modding them to be carftable as we speak. They’re paper and plastic ffs :smiley:

1 Like

I do enjoy all the people who have never used an autoclave in real life claiming the pouches can be made out of duct tape, coffee filters, and sandwich baggies.

3 Likes

Why wouldn’t they?
And even if, they would never be more complicated to fabricate than EVERYTHING else the player can craft already. The only "special"quality about them seems to be the heat resistant https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polypropylene
but this stuff is still widely available. They’re not space magic.

Edit: Before some fruitless discussion breaks loose: I am not asking for this to be put in the game, the devs can do whatever they want, I have no power over this. I’m just explaining why I am modding it in for me personally. And about the autodoc thing I am lazy and read that json editing alone won’t do it so I merely asked if someone else already made a mod for this. Nothing more, nothing less.

Do mods still update through the stable branch?

How do you charge up UPS devices?

What soundpack are you guys using and which do you consider the best/most complete one out there? I’m currently using @'s in combination with CO.AG MusicPack and while I’m satisfied with it I’ve also started wondering if there are better options available.

The actual devices like smartphones? With an UPS or a vehicle recharge station. The UPS itself can be charged in the aforementioned recharge station.

1 Like

I’m using Otopack, which is a branch of @'s, plus to CO.AG, like you.

Me, I’m back to looking for a graphics pack that includes all the latest mods. Feels like there are a ton of Magiclysm monsters that are using defaulted graphics.

I’ve actually been eyeing Otopack, so you use that as a base instead of @'s and then apply the CO.AG ontop of it?

Yep, though “apply” is a strong word for “copy the musicset.json and music folder.”

I get the same error with both. For some reason, there seems to be broken ref when using it OSX for some weapon noises.

That’s what has me question their compatibility, I can’t have 2 musicset files (right?) and each one only contains references to its own music files.

I just overwrite @'s music folder and musicset.json with the one in CO.AG

.json files are text files with simple container code. If you really want to merge them, you just need to open both in a basic text editor, and copy/paste the data from one into the other. Though @'s only has one song in it, so it’s hardly a loss worth spending that much time worrying about.

No I meant Otopack + CO.AG. Maybe I misunderstood and you’re using just Otopack by itself.

And yeah I guess it’s simple enough to just copy the contents of one musicset and add it to the other.

Otopack is based on @'s, and the differences seem to be mostly stuff I haven’t run into.

It’s the same process, either way. Copy. Paste.

I just double-checked. Otopack has a pretty decent music pack. If you want to add CO.AG to Otopack, you would want to copy the files from CO.AG/music/ into Otopack/music/ and then edit the two musicset.json files as previously described.

To repeat those instructions: open both musicset.json files in a text editor. Copy the contents of the one and paste it into the other. A few seconds’ glance should make it obvious which bits you don’t need to copy, and where to paste.