Tiny question - dirty water in cooking

Hi everyone. It’s been a few years, but I’ve picked DDA back up and am loving all the new content.

Tiny question, does anyone know if cooking food using unclean water is likely to cause food poisoning? I have a few bottles of water, but not enough containers boil it all clean yet.

No.

When the food needs heating, the water is boiled in the process. When it doesn’t need heating, the recipe requires clean water. So you won’t accidentally contaminate your food with raw water.

No, if the recipe takes dirty water, the assumption is that the cooking process is sufficient to clean it (anything that boils, really).

Awesome. Thanks guys! Deluxe scrambled eggs it is ^^

Enjoy your eggs Benedict.

CDDA cookbook:

[ul][li]Toilet water oatmeal[/li]
[li]Sewage flatbread (removed in later editions)[/li]
[li]Survival tip: you can tell that mushrooms are poisonous by the fact that they can’t be cooked[/li]
[li]Zombie steak tartare[/li]
[li]Scrambled spider eggs[/li][/ul]

You forgot Man Beef Burger Cool.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:14052”]CDDA cookbook:

[li]Survival tip: you can tell that mushrooms are poisonous by the fact that they can’t be cooked[/li]
[li]Scrambled spider eggs[/li][/ul][/quote]
Zombie steak?

[quote=“DeWolf, post:8, topic:14052”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:14052”]CDDA cookbook:

Zombie steak?[/quote]
Zombie steaks aren’t for everyone. Possible side effects include nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, intercranial bleeding, rectal prolapse, an erection lasting longer than four hours, myocardial infarction, blindness, religious zeal, and the desire to listen to peruvian pan pipes. Consult your physician to determine if you are chimeric enough to use zombie steaks.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:14052”]CDDA cookbook:

There’s also food alchemy, turn rotten meat into clean and safe dehydrated meat. Turn rotten milk into powdered milk then turn that into fresh milk.

[quote=“Azrad, post:10, topic:14052”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:14052”]CDDA cookbook:

What kind of mod are you guys running with. I was more saying because on my menus zombie meat is only good for pheromones and mutagen. So I don’t know what you people are running with but can you tell me?

There’s also food alchemy, turn rotten meat into clean and safe dehydrated meat. Turn rotten milk into powdered milk then turn that into fresh milk.[/quote][quote=“TheWumpus, post:9, topic:14052”][quote=“DeWolf, post:8, topic:14052”][quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:14052”]CDDA cookbook:

Zombie steak?[/quote]
Zombie steaks aren’t for everyone. Possible side effects include nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness, intercranial bleeding, rectal prolapse, an erection lasting longer than four hours, myocardial infarction, blindness, religious zeal, and the desire to listen to peruvian pan pipes. Consult your physician to determine if you are chimeric enough to use zombie steaks.[/quote]

There is no zombie steak. It was just an euphemism for raw zed meat (steak tartare is prepared raw meat).

I also fucked up the quote. So “prepared” is just hot meat.