Tileset project

Sorry I’m late to the party!

Anyways, we should probably get the background tiles done first, that way we can make items and other overlapping tiles so that they coordinate in terms of color, size, texture, etc. For example, having the traps/items blend in with the background would suck.

Then we can move on to the other stuff such as NPC’s, zombies, and even [glow=red,2,300]Jabberwocks.[/glow]

fucking jabberwocks…

For now, SamScale is doing the backgrounds, at least the basic ones. I am doing the normal creatures. What is missing is:

All Items
All weapons
All furniture
All clothes (meshable with nude character and clothes on the floor)
Diferent Kinds of Zeds (let me do this)
A good font to use in the terminal
Some woodland creatures (see the already made ones)
Lots of things that i dont even know they exist.
Cars (this will be a hit in the nuts, but we will do EVERY part different)

That is the basic list

Nice, I’ll make a giant list with EVERYTHING ON IT so we can prioritize/divide the work with ease. I’ll also start on the items, those being the easiest of the bunch.
and what resolution are we using?

Here are the tiles mentioned earlier
Brick Wall: By far one of the trickier tiles. Also from a distance it is not so obvious, but if you look at it carefully you can see cracks in the bricks. Adding to that post-apocalyptic feel.

Road tile and yellow road tile: This one was tricky in the opposite way to how the brick wall was tricky. There isnt really much going on on a basic road square. So I added some dark red blood splatters to both tiles to spice it up a little.
Road
Yellow Road

The 5 Stages of Windows: There are five stages to windows in the game. Curtains closed, Closed, Open, smashed, or cleared.
So in that order here they are

Finally the sidewalk. I’m British so I’m not sure if an American sidewalk looks different to a British pavement. I googled images of a classic american sidewalk and based this design off of that, but Im still not entirely happy with out it came out.

Double Post:
We are using 15 by 15, but that might be changed later.

I had a list in my head
Types of Zombies
NPC’s and the player
Clothes
Misc Items
Guns & Ammo
Tools
Food and Drinks ( This one will be hard since any drink goes in any water tight container)
Woodland Animals
Backgrounds and Main Tiles
Corpses
Other Scenery (Gas Pumps, Counters, Webs, ect)
Traps
Attacks (Blood Splatters, Shocker Shot, Boomer Shot, Spitter Shot.)
Vehicles
CBMs
Robots and Ethereal creatures
Other Monsters
And there’s probably more that I haven’t thought of.

I’ll give a go at:

-Weapons
-Armour
-Misc scenery
-Misc Items

Sorry for the double post, but I’ve been messing around with some of the pistols. I think there should be just one tile for all the pistols, because it would be really hard to actually put detail enough to discern pistols from one another. Thoughts?

I agree, it would be much easier to consolidate the different types of firearms this way. That said, are we going to change the character’s looks based on the weapon he or she is holding? If so, we are going to need ALL the different firearms drawn up. If not, then we need to at least make sure the bows look different, for example, not showing a generic short bow when the character is holding a cross bow or a compound bow.

Err, I think the pistols all use the same letter when laying on ground, don’t they?

Im going to answer every post i can. Satring…

Here are the tiles mentioned earlier tile and yellow road tile: This one was tricky in the opposite way to how the brick wall was tricky. There isnt really much going on on a basic road square. So I added some dark red blood splatters to both tiles to spice it up a little. Road Yellow Road

Well, i love the walls and the windows, specially the windows. But… are you sure adding blood to the pavement? I mean, i know it is a very basic tile, but maybe it would not melt very well with the scenery having blood splatters including in the middle of the road, far far away from the cities. Maybe we should let it the most basic we can.

I had a list in my head Types of Zombies (Stop) NPC's and the player (Stop) Clothes (Clothes on character and clothes on the floor, lets not forget it) Misc Items (Clayton) Guns & Ammo (Weapons: Clayton) Tools Food and Drinks ( This one will be hard since any drink goes in any water tight container) Woodland Animals (I will do some, so Some: Stop) Backgrounds and Main Tiles (Samscale1) Corpses Other Scenery (Gas Pumps, Counters, Webs, ect) Traps Attacks (Blood Splatters, Shocker Shot, Boomer Shot, Spitter Shot.) Vehicles CBMs (Samscale1) Robots and Ethereal creatures (This will be awesome to draw) Other Monsters And there's probably more that I haven't thought of.

That is a way better list, we are going to use it.

Sorry for the double post, but I've been messing around with some of the pistols. I think there should be just one tile for all the pistols, because it would be really hard to actually put detail enough to discern pistols from one another. Thoughts?

Yeah, lets try to do the MOST generic to EVERY different type of weapon. So there will only be 10 sprites, more or less.

I agree, it would be much easier to consolidate the different types of firearms this way. That said, are we going to change the character's looks based on the weapon he or she is holding? If

I was thinking of not putting the holding things to the character, bnecause if we decide to do that, we should draw EVERY ITEM in the hand.

Err, I think the pistols all use the same letter when laying on ground, don't they?

Yes, but if there is a tileset support, at least more or less like the one that existed before, we shoul be able to make different ones.

Quote Here are the tiles mentioned earlier tile and yellow road tile: This one was tricky in the opposite way to how the brick wall was tricky. There isnt really much going on on a basic road square. So I added some dark red blood splatters to both tiles to spice it up a little. Road Yellow Road

Well, i love the walls and the windows, specially the windows. But… are you sure adding blood to the pavement? I mean, i know it is a very basic tile, but maybe it would not melt very well with the scenery having blood splatters including in the middle of the road, far far away from the cities. Maybe we should let it the most basic we can.

Its a good point actually. Ill edit the roads, but the pavement can stay splattery because it only appears in cities.

What about, instead of blood, some rocks and grass growing in the pavement, making it like… abandoned.

what about traps? I had a couple ideas for the bear traps and stuff but buried land mines and shotgun traps are different.

There is also the issue with the map. I have an idea to make it so that it looks like a fresh new map, with clean white edges and stuff, but as the days move along, the map edges start to get wrinkled and beaten up while not damaging the map it’s self. we could also make it so the map is an in game item.

Sorry, but i can’t understand you at all. " we could also make it so the map is an in game item." Ehh?

Let me rephrase my previous messege.

Are we going to have one generic tile for traps, or are we going to be more detailed with it?

also are we goint to change how the big, overhead map looks at all?

Sorry for the doublepost, but how do I insert images into my posts? I know it’s a nooblet question but in truth, I’m still kind of a nooblet.

Well, the traps have different colours wich let you to see what kind of trap it is, so is kinda a must do.

The big map, …

Maybe we should let it for now, but you are more than welcome if you want to make some kind of tiles to it. I dont know if it can be showed up as tiles… that’s the thing.

Go to a page called IMGUR.com (for example), then copy your image, click the page again, put ctr+v and start the upload. Then, or show us the link or go to the image icon, when posting, and put the DIRECT link in the middle of the “img” things. The direct link can be found at the page, after uploading the img.

Hammer

and generic bullet

still working on a wrench. After that i can work on some traps or edit the pictures if needed.

just realized how fucking huge the bullet looks. LOL let me fix. Gotta say though, i would like a gun that fired bullet bigger than the average window.

there, that looks better. If needed, i can remove the background. The other issue is compiling all of this into the game data. . Does anyone know how to do that?