The Vermilion Mod. Because your apocalypse doesn't have enough ridiculous items

Ah . . . I know I’m a degenerate because I get that reference to a vile and irredeemable comic book series.

Which would be? I’ve been looking for some light reading.

Well, it’s a brief wander off topic, but . . . that’d be Crossed. There’s a lot of them and they start bad and get worse and worse. Can’t recommend any of them, and maybe check wikipedia or something before you read them . . . extremely dark material.

It’s a prime example of ‘lets do the worst things we can imagine because we think that’s progressive and edgy’ when in reality it’s just sort of sad and pathetic. No character arcs, no meaningful plot . . . just gratuity.

And that’s from a guy who has murder in his name and cracks jokes about it all the time.

Yeah, I thought the early books were kind of fun in a gonzo splatterhouse cinema kinda way, but once the original writer left it went rapidly downhill until it had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

The “nice” vintage MRE reference, I love my old boy Steve and his ration reviews. Nice to see him enjoy the slop I eat out in the field as well.

1 Like

the bomb suit should have a massive encumbrance value considering how bulky their real life counterparts are.

Maybe, Nazi Zombies could be added the the Vermilion Mod

Seems like the latest updates broke the mod compatibility.

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//VermilionMod-master/ver_martialarts.json: line 50:11: tried to start object, but found ‘[’, not ‘{’

"melee_allowed": true,
    "mult_bonuses": [
      [
      ^

"damage",
        "cut",

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 816

Fixing that gave me

DEBUG : Error: data/mods//VermilionMod-master/ver_martialarts.json: line 52:13: expected pair separator ‘:’, not ‘"’

{
        "damage",
        "
        ^
         cut",
      ]

FUNCTION : bool main_menu::new_character_tab()
FILE : src/main_menu.cpp
LINE : 816

And I don’t know what to fix from there. Is the mod still being maintained?

Unfortunately I don’t have the energy or motivation to maintain the mod at the moment. However, another user has fixed my mod among others and they can be found here Mods Unleashed Compilation V 0.4

3 Likes

Neat. Thank you. It’s a mod I’m fond of.