The River of Zombears, bleeding too much, and what's with the wolfs?

so i’ve been playing in .A for a while and i’ve noticed some things. Almost all of the zombears i’ve encountered have swam out of the river, which is kinda silly if you ask me, so far within the time of one day 2 zombears have swam out of the river to try and nom on my face, is this a bug or just a silly coincidence? Every time I’ve gotten into combat with anything the second it hits me it causes me to bleed, which is reasonable, but im wearing a superalloy MBR vest and i mainly bleed in the chest when attacked. Also what’s with the wolfs spawn rate? im doing almost nothing but chilling out at my house and 3 wolves, which cause me to bleed every time im attacked, are just sitting there when i try to leave every day! these are just a few questions I have.

Tip: Never be near rivers.

It was a coincidence, i guess.

Oh, yeah, those are Merbears. They aren’t fully implemented yet, just the way they spawn. The name and description for Merbears are on the way, Zombears are just a placeholder for them until we can separate the two.

oh ok seems legit

[quote=“StopSignal, post:2, topic:5369”]Tip: Never be near rivers.

It was a coincidence, i guess.[/quote]

Map of my location

there’s a lot more to the north, but im not taking the time to construct a full map

Home sweet home

hmm now its set in stone, once I have some more decent idea of how to code ill add a one per over map Easter egg, consisting of some unmarked ruins, a sword in a stone, and a randomly generated number of undead knights. Depending on a totally random chance you may be able to get the sword out of the stone or not.

well good luck

The bleeding thing is a known bug, which should be fixed in the experimental now IIRC (or is currently up for review).

Interesting, now I realize how completely random my statement was. Im pretty sure that the fruit of the forest note is to blame.

But thanks.

Wolves aren’t too hard to kill, just go out there and whoop there ass. I don’t know the spawn rate of woodland critters, but perhaps something more docile will spawn in their place.

Interesting, now I realize how completely random my statement was. Im pretty sure that the fruit of the forest note is to blame.

But thanks.[/quote]
Yeah, I was like what the fuck are you talking about.

But thanks.[/quote]
Give me a notification when this mod is implemented, id love to see it in action!

To deal with the Merbears, try leading a capable NPC over there and fucking bail. Keep an eye on the map. Either the NPC will die and disappear, or the Merbear will die and the place will be clear.

Don’t worry, i can kill the merbears with my hatchet, knife spear, and tanto (all three of them ,when thrown, do a little more than 100 dmg)

has any one else experienced the game crashing when fighting zombears?

I haven’t experienced any crashes with 0.A, only some debug errors about spawning zombies on top of zombies. No crashes beating up zombears.

oh ok seems legit[/quote]

Franky’s making things up. Zombies don’t breathe, so they can walk along the bottom of water. Without seeing the events, I’m not sure whether the bear happened to dynamic-spawn (Static only applies to city populations) in the water or traveled through it to get at you.

But yeah, the bleeding fix went in a few days ago.

Does a merbear have fuzzy bear fur, or does it have scales? Or maybe smooth, oily fur like a seal?
Just curious.

finally caught the zombear river in action,

[quote=“Keyreper, post:18, topic:5369”]finally caught the zombear river in action,

Looks like wacky spawning. Sorry about that; since there’s no reason for bear carcasses to end up in the river, I’d call it a bug.

Obviously bodies would fall into the river where they’d wash up onto the shores.

Bug? No. Feature? Yes.