Things fighting other things is unbelievably great

I love it. I haven’t enjoyed Cataclysm this much in ages. The world feels alive in a way it never did before. Watching zombies go after wildlife, or massive battles unfold between zombie hordes and tank drones, is amazing. Being able to exploit monsters’ hostility towards one another adds a depth of strategy that never existed in the game before. Nothing more to add, just kudos to the people responsible for making this possible.

Its a great step in the right direction indeed.

It’s definitely interesting but I would love to see it balanced. Right now it’s a bit like turning up to a party when everybody is already drunk.

All that needs adding now is roving groups of survivors, instead of randies running around gunning down squirrels.

Also what the hell is going on with your sig? How?

I had a dog (wild!) kill a spitter zombie by accident. Hehehehe.

All that needs adding now is roving groups of survivors, instead of randies running around gunning down squirrels.

Also what the hell is going on with your sig? How?[/quote]

Haha, try using a mop on the tile you’re on.

What do you mean?

They can actually get hostile towards zeds now. This needs some balancing (they often switch into neutral “tracking” mode and die), but zeds accosting bears, dogs and wasps should get rek’t by them now (unless they’re big zeds or have backup).

It will look like this for a while. Mapgen doesn’t “understand” infighting yet, so it can spawn zeds next to turrets.
Some day we may have fungal hordes on overmap map assimilating zombie hordes to fight triffid hordes.

They can actually get hostile towards zeds now. This needs some balancing (they often switch into neutral “tracking” mode and die), but zeds accosting bears, dogs and wasps should get rek’t by them now (unless they’re big zeds or have backup).[/quote]
Hmm, is there a new experimental out then? Because that’s the only time (even when I found Irradiated Wanderers) that I’ve seen creatures fighting.

Monster infighting was merged into the main branch maybe a week ago? It’s recent.

New experimentals are released quite fast - often about 4 versions per day.

New experimentals are released quite fast - often about 4 versions per day.[/quote]

take a week off from testing and it jumps 50 versions. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It’s all pretty good, there is one funny thing though.

When a zombie scientist sees a Mi-Go in the glass box in the lab, it shoots manhacks out all over the place, and the room becomes an endless fountain of manhacks.

[quote=“Bonevomit, post:13, topic:8636”]It’s all pretty good, there is one funny thing though.

When a zombie scientist sees a Mi-Go in the glass box in the lab, it shoots manhacks out all over the place, and the room becomes an endless fountain of manhacks.[/quote]

You just described a combat knife and electronics scrap farm.

What i want is to leave a lot of chunks of raw meat next to a city border that is next to a forest. Then bears and zombies come. War.

Really interesting feature!

Look forward seeing more interactions between Zeds, NPCs, wildlife and the world. For example like wildlife eating fruits, Zeds eating NPC corpse, or NPC make a armed fortress using houses.

Yeah, at a bare minimum zombies should probably start eating what they kill (with no appetite system or checks required, of course; they’re zombies). As it stands they’re doing our hunting for us.

This is going to end up as complex as DF and i love the idea.

Implying DDA isn’t already as complex as DF.

[quote=“AllisonW, post:17, topic:8636”]Yeah, at a bare minimum zombies should probably start eating what they kill (with no appetite system or checks required, of course; they’re zombies). As it stands they’re doing our hunting for us.[/quote]CDDA zombies don’t kill to eat. They confirm the kill and move on, a cannibalised corpse is harder for the blob to res, after all.