The coolest artifact you ever found?

Most artifacts are useless and many have harmful effects that might even kill you. But sometimes you find something that is actually helpful or at least interesting. What was the strangest thing you ever found?

Once I found a helmet in a strange temple. It had next to no protection value but it let you see through EVERYTHING!!! Exploring was so easy now because I could see all the items and cellar stairs in the houses, the turrets behind the lab doors or the tank drones hidden behind the corner.
The downside was that it made me insane and lowered my int over time as long as I wore it.

[center]
[/center]

I don’t remember how it looked like, but I remember its effects. It gave me permanent invisibility in return to netherworld’s attention. It was fun to sleep in the middle of night and get your wall SHREKT by random floating eye. Not only you survive the collapse of the building, you are also so manly you fucking BLOCK the attack with your katana you were holding while sleeping.

I found this eighth wonder of the World at Day 5 while randomly wandering around my evac. shelter.

Found out my first artifact glowing orb that gave -2 dex and made weather to be pretty much thunder storm only.

[quote=“Blaze, post:3, topic:9223”][center]
[/center][/quote]

Tell me where I can find an artifact.Now.

I have three that I keep with me at all times now. I have a dagger that passively eats radiation, and can be activated to dim the sky while throwing a ball of acid (nice for item disposal) though it takes forever to recharge. I have a cube that maps out an area almost the size of what a computer in a lab does in exchange for summoning a bunch of hostile shadow serpents. I also have a ring of invisibility and netherworld attention. See turret/tankbot/chickenwalker, pop ring on, walk up and hack, take ring off.

[quote=“King_of_Baboons, post:6, topic:9223”][quote=“Blaze, post:3, topic:9223”][center]
[/center][/quote]

Tell me where I can find an artifact.Now.[/quote]

Strange temples usually have a few, although they are hard to find, and harder to get through. Mines will sometimes have an Amigra Horror spawn that will net you artifacts, although the Horrors can easily stunlock and kill you. The most non-lethal way of finding one is just finding one. They randomly spawn in the world like crates or scientists.

[quote=“Blaze, post:3, topic:9223”][center]
[/center][/quote]

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Don’t all artifacts have a positive and negative? I picked up a few when I first started and now when I see the strange, possibly artifacts. I leave them there.

2 of them, for a net -1 dex and -1 per, I gain 2 ST and 2 Int, and 20% speed boost. I can outrun dogs! and Z-kids!

I remember a cloak that traded some pretty serious radiation when worn for hella boosts to my stats and a cloud of smoke. On this save, I had mutated Radiogenic, I think it’s called and the radiation healed me. I also had been repping the gas mask for some time so the smoke was no problem.

My favorite was probably the evil sword that gave me invisibility and a serious strength boost in exchange for draining my other stats. If only it had boosted dexterity, I probably wouldn’t have died from using it too much.

Just raided a mine, and found a Petrified Eye, what do I do with this?

Wear it and see what it does.But dont use it too much

I once had a sword that glowed in darkness and threw fireballs when activated. Pretty awesome

They are the keys to open temples, they dont do anything else AFAIK.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:15, topic:9223”]I once had a sword that glowed in darkness and threw fireballs when activated. Pretty awesome

They are the keys to open temples, they dont do anything else AFAIK.[/quote]
Thanks!

Sword that mapped the area, screamed, and grew plants when activated; caused pain to recharge IIRC. Nifty utility item.

I fail to see any downsides there, if you are a masochist and want to kill things (scream attracts them) – I want it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I fail to see any downsides there, if you are a masochist and want to kill things (scream attracts them) – I want it. :P[/quote]

Was lousy as a weapon: machete was more effective IIRC. :wink: