Spontaneous sleep?

A few seasons into the game, my survivor has suddenly started exhibiting some kind of sleep disorder where she decides to just lie down and try to go to sleep regardless of the surrounding conditions or whether she is tired at all. I’ve been wandering through the woods at midday, well rested, and just had my character lie down and nod off and wake up hours later.

I didn’t take any of the sleep related disads in character creation, and I’m not seeing any odd debuff effects listed or new traits, so I have no idea what might be causing it.

Oh wait… I seem to be carrying a Whispering Tube A distinctly suspicious alien artifact. Nevermind then…

Yeah, artifacts are pretty weird. I saw a post where someone found a sword that gave the character invisibility at the cost of a temporary -2 in strength and bad weather.

Finding that early game (like the OP did) made the game too easy.

On Artifacts , are they randomized (name,effect,penalty…) DF style or are they just set items ?

They are pretty heavily randomized. Wiki has a nice list of their potential effect combinations. Quite often they are either “kind of bad” or a mixed deal. But this one time I found an artifact that gave +4 DEX (with some downsides)… and later I found another artifact that ALSO gave +4 DEX. +8 DEX was pretty serious bonus.

Be afraid when trying out artifacts. Be very afraid. It’s one thing to carry them (or wield them?), but you can also ACTIVATE them. This one artifact I once had blessed me with 5x5 inferno upon activation. Luckily I was wearing a bunch of anti-fire gear at the moment, and I only lost my holsters and some other flammable clothing…

I just found one that gives +4 dex but also constantly drains stamina. Still trying to figure out how that can be useful…

i guesd if you are cornered and have guns you can use it as a last stand accuracy boost kinda thing

I’ve noticed from Rycon’s Schizophrenic LP that your character will spontaneously sleep when having episodes related to that.

i guesd if you are cornered and have guns you can use it as a last stand accuracy boost kinda thing[/quote]

It drains stamina just by being in my inventory, so I’d have to carry it around in a shopping cart at all times. Kinda pointless, when I can just carry around caffeine pills and adderall instead.

Go the STALKER route and find something that gives the stamina back to you! I don’t know if there is anything that does that, though.

i guesd if you are cornered and have guns you can use it as a last stand accuracy boost kinda thing[/quote]

It drains stamina just by being in my inventory, so I’d have to carry it around in a shopping cart at all times. Kinda pointless, when I can just carry around caffeine pills and adderall instead.[/quote]
good point

Get out of here, Stalker.