The Community Suggests:

So I noticed there was no thread for the community to post all those small suggestions that make the game much more enjoyable, so why not start one?

-Wearable pots: Place that cooking pot over your head cartoon style! Provides some questionable amount of protection.
-Exploding Spray can flamethrowers: I doubt they are a very safe thing to use.
-Glasses reduce sight if you don’t actually need them
-Gas masks don’t allow you to eat if you are wearing them

Well, the reason we don’t have a thread like that is because the community ARE the devs- the game is open-source, you can code your own stuff and submit it to the git to get it added to the main game!

Other than that, I like your idea about wearable pots and gas masks. To add a bit of comedy.

Plate armor! Made out of actual plates. Like the ones you eat on.

Food becoming smelly when rotten , because for now i just throw all of my rotten meat under my bed and wait for it to disappear.

After sleeping i should wake up tired with -100 morale , because that’s realistic. =3

I’m surprised we can’t bobbytrap doors and windows yet.

We can just assume the player just shifts the gas mask when they eat.

Concur. Stuff like that is Jerkass Roguelike. Not so fun IMO.

And sharpening plates to use as throwing weapons! Because Dark Tower.

This one

and something similar to this are actually already in the dev builds.

This one

and something similar to this are actually already in the dev builds.[/quote]
The bookplate?

Gun mods that give them personalities. I want to be able to talk dirty to my gun and have it act uncomfortably! (It’ll be Shadowrun all over again! Except I’ve never played Shadowrun!) Or have my gun laugh like a mad man as I murder NPCs!

I was thinking more of the scrap suit.

Terminators. Skynet. Aliens. More James Cameron references. 80s and 90s, only though. Godawful Avatar movie.
We’re covered with John Carpenter references.

Maybe vampires?

Anyone ever see “Creepshow 2” with that story, “The Raft”? That’d make a good aquatic monster.

More movie references.

Bookplate is made out of paper, I want something harder, even if its more fragile.

i don’t think spray can flamethrowers shouldn’t explode they should burn your hands if you use them wrong but gasoline shouldn’t explode… it’s not very easy to get gasoline to explode even if you want it to explode

Once the monsters are put into JSON I will make these (Stakeland or 30 days of night style!)

i don’t think spray can flamethrowers shouldn’t explode they should burn your hands if you use them wrong but gasoline shouldn’t explode… it’s not very easy to get gasoline to explode even if you want it to explode[/quote]

The only issue I have with the current spraycan flamethrowers is that it says they use gasoline, and are modified to use gasoline.

As it is, it’s not too different. For the real life version, it’s the pressurized propellant that burns. The same reason you see lighters come with a warning that they shouldn’t be left out in direct sunlight. The IRL version creates a cone maybe half a meter to a meter long of fire with the default spray nozzle. They get very hot while in use and can burn your fingers, however as long as you’re holding it you’ll have to stop to remove your hand due to the heat or switch hands before it explodes. Trust me, I’ve used them IRL.

As to exploding, thrown in a fire it took about three minutes for the 1/4~1/2-depleted spraycan to explode. This explosion was very loud, so loud both myself and my friends were temporarily deafened for several minutes, even standing 10~20ft away. Fun little ringing noise. The explosion itself actually managed to douse the fire.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the sound would carry maybe 3-5 houses or further in cata.

You could create a better recipe.
You’ll need lotsa juice in the can (you’re absolutely right about the consequences, even the times are set at place) and use a knife to slice off the top of the cap that squeezes the plastic straw bit, put a small piece of pre-heated metal (a little bolt for a screw) and put the cap top back on; you’ll probably want to have some duct tape readied to close the “lid”. Throw and run; the glowing piece of metal will melt the plastic parts…
Do not ever, no, NEVER use pressurised containers near a fire. The sign on the back is real

We need the ability to actually bury corpses of companions and zombies, like in: dig deep pit, put items in pit, cover pit, items are either buried undergound or completely anhiliated .

(and the spray can bomb sounds very interesting)

I was once burning trash in a furnace type thingy and i saw one of those metal canisters , the genius me threw it in the fire expecting an explosion.

And it sure did explode , it wasn’t loud at all , but i got some liquid plastic on my eyelid and my eyelashes were literally molded together with plastic.

All i mean by this story is everything will always fly in your eyes , even if your arms were 1 metre away from the explosion and they didn’t even get a breeze of warm air.
I also regret nothing because my eye is all completely fine , there is only small extremely unnoticeable ‘scar’ which is just a little pinker skin.

Explosions have huge benefit of giving a story to tell.

I saw what you did there, wofl. I SAW THE TRUTH! And by truth, I mean small piece of writing you took out.