The blast range a completely out of control

Still unclear as to whether or not we have a permanent hearing loss function in the game. Also what ratio of damage would constitute this as well.

I’m also wondering why the “pop” effect is implemented in game also. As in. No matter your armor. Unless we have a suit that is a self contained pressurized environment. The person in the radius of a sufficiently powerful shock wave would be not just harmed by shrapnel. they could die outright from the pressure shift. Lungs could vacate and decapitate. The cranium could burst. Eyes could burst. The horror of horror films ain’t as surreal as the reality of watching this crap happen. I wouldn’t wanna see that stuff >_>

Permanent hearing loss

Hearin loss duration is dependant on the loudness of the noise as discussed here

You need to be next to a pretty damn big explosion for concussion shockwaves to have effects quite that severe IRL. Larger artillery shells, FAE’s or a decent little stack of dynamite or the like - or you need to be extremely close to a smaller blast.

That being said, our survivors play with mini-nukes and pretty much all of us have dropped a stick of dynamite at our own feet the first time we’ve lit one, so those are entirely feasible scenarios. :smiley:

Dude…the thread about the last death. I chill with grenades at my feet it seems lol

I dunno wtf is going on with my toons some times. I tossem like I got broken fingers at level 3+ lol

But I laugh it off =)

Normal explosions in game tend to do some wonky things. I tossed a pipe in a be hive. Thing went off so fast I couldn’t even move 2 tiles before it blew. Something is up with pipe bombs in game I think. Because that thing was bigger than a nuke I’d swear. 3 walls in a half closed room and it nailed me. Killed me while I was wearing full body armor too. Oh well. Watch out for those xD