Grab/drag suggestion

I was always wondering, why can’t i grab and drag big stuff like i do vehicles. For example a moose or a bear corpse, if it’s not too heavy for my strength. Or a wooden/aluminum keg, metal tanks etc.

As it is right now, we can only move them via advanced menu, which can be tedious for long distances.

That sounds like an amazing idea. Maybe it would be possible to make it where when you kill something it turns into an object instead than an item.

This sounds like a really good idea.

Instead of picking zombies up I can drag them around.

I LIKE THIS IDEA A LOT. Specifically corpses. Moving body parts out of doorways is …well, yeah. Gotta use that fussy menu.

1. Stand next to/on what you want to move.
  2. Open Advanced inventory.
  3. Choose location of what you want to move in 1 column.
  4. Choose where you want to put in the other.
  5. Press , in first column.
  6. Done (I usually do all this in like a few seconds).

This is also the method I use to move large piles of stuff without a cargo carrier, ie. wood after logging (can take some time to move piles with hundreds of items tho). Wish there was a less time consuming way of moving stuff long distance, almost like Factorio.

1. Stand next to/on what you want to move.
  2. Open Advanced inventory.
  3. Choose location of what you want to move in 1 column.
  4. Choose where you want to put in the other.
  5. Press , in first column.
  6. Done (I usually do all this in like a few seconds).

This is also the method I use to move large piles of stuff without a cargo carrier, ie. wood after logging (can take some time to move piles with hundreds of items tho). Wish there was a less time consuming way of moving stuff long distance, almost like Factorio.[/quote]

that’s what everybody does, including me. But when you have to move just one big item, such as a corpse or a keg or barrel, it would’ve been much less time consuming to grab it and drag like a vehicle and a lot less annoying too.

Yeah, I know how to use the advanced inventory. I still prefer to call it the big fussy menu. XD

1. hit g
  2. hit a direction
  3. walk that direction
  4. hit g again

takes less steps and I don’t have to find the corpse among all the other shit lying on the ground after a slaughterfest. Ideally, I’d like both methods of moving things to be implemented and remain. Moving things around the world is such an integral means of interacting with it, it ought to be accessible via multiple methods.

I made a small electric scooter with a large storage area. It gets like max 14mph, but it gets the job done for cleaning up corpses and whatnot.

“brIng oOut yer dEad”