Temperature Going Nuts Again

Coincidently, I’ve been doing some research on thermoregulation and could help if I knew what to look for.

I cant help with the weather itself though

[quote=“bahihs, post:19, topic:7560”]Uh…outside car: 33F

Inside car (missing windshield) moving at a whooping 9mph:….-545F!

What is going on?[/quote]

What is even better is if you drive in reverse, it actually gets warmer.

[quote=“Let it end in hellfire!, post:22, topic:7560”][quote=“bahihs, post:19, topic:7560”]Uh…outside car: 33F

Inside car (missing windshield) moving at a whooping 9mph:….-545F!

What is going on?[/quote]

What is even better is if you drive in reverse, it actually gets warmer.[/quote]

bahihs : you are playing with an older version of the game. I fixed that bug already :slight_smile: (if not, tell me!)

Let it end in hellfire! : lol I did not consider that. Good find!

Some thoughts for future consideration: Different materials would have differing levels of permeability (how much air passes through it) ranging from tons (cotton, especially wet) to ‘What’s permeability?’ (plastic, metal, wet wool - There’s a reason Navies make use of wool). Likewise, different materials would be more or less prone to temperature outright (metal in cold weather is positively frigid, while in hot weather wearing metal is pretty suicidal).

Taken into consideration, this might alleviate some of the oddities that go outside what people expect, though item-specific overrides would also be necessary: Metal isn’t going to allow air through, but no matter how finely you make a 12-in-2 honeycomb design chainmail hauberk it’s still going to allow air through like it’s full of holes (which it is.)

Most oddities are related to inconsistent temperature units in code. There are plans to make 'em consistent.

[quote=“Khrysanth, post:24, topic:7560”]Some thoughts for future consideration: Different materials would have differing levels of permeability (how much air passes through it) ranging from tons (cotton, especially wet) to ‘What’s permeability?’ (plastic, metal, wet wool - There’s a reason Navies make use of wool). Likewise, different materials would be more or less prone to temperature outright (metal in cold weather is positively frigid, while in hot weather wearing metal is pretty suicidal).

Taken into consideration, this might alleviate some of the oddities that go outside what people expect, though item-specific overrides would also be necessary: Metal isn’t going to allow air through, but no matter how finely you make a 12-in-2 honeycomb design chainmail hauberk it’s still going to allow air through like it’s full of holes (which it is.)[/quote]

This should already be implemented–there’s code for wind-resistance based on materials already in. Possible that I botched something when I wrote a mutation that bypassed it, though.

Clothing material, coverage percentage and layers all go into account for wind resistance. To test material resistance, you would have to find two items with the same warmth but different materials and wear them inside and then outside.