Taaanks [Merged]

In Soviet Russia, fun devours you?

Anyway, my next plot shall be to add an autocannon of some type, and to add the means to assemble new cannon shells from parts, allowing the possibility of homemade KEP and canister shot.

If battling other tanks is a reality in this game, it’ll be like Tanarus again :smiley:

If NPCs could drive vehicles, that would be hilarious. For now, tankbots are as tanky a foe as it gets.

So I must ask this…

Why in gods name in hell can players drift a fucking tank… How?! I’ve done it and it sure is badass, but physics is just like… The fuck?

Though I say it like its a bad thing, it isn’t… Its bloody amazing!

Multi track drifting, in more ways than one!

I blame the batshit insane vehicle physics.

TANKS for your hard work Random_dragon
how has no one done this yet?
but really. tanks are fun :slight_smile:

I ougthta eat you for that pun. <3

In any case, thank you. I should start work on additions to it once I’m not juggling multiple other PRs.

Hey random, I just found myself a main battle tank parked outside a hospital, when i get into the drivers seat and try to configure the turrets none appear, where would the gunners seat be on this beast the one that fires the main cannon, and how would i use it… sorry if this question is stupid

The turret? The round-looking bit with the long barrel-ish projection coming off it? :V

yea, let me rephrase the question, I get into the drivers seat and start the tank, first how do i fire the machine guns, i activate turrets but nothing happends. Second how and where do i go to fire the main cannon, i can seem to find the controls for it

The guns are all manual, as with most turrets that Blaze’s mod edited. You can fire the M240 from the driver’s seat, the main gun from the gunner’s seat, and the M2 from the commander’s seat. @_@

Strange, There are no controls in the gunners seat, maybe the tanks broken…

No vehicle controls, you mean? You don’t need controls to manually fire the main gun. Just unwield whatever weapons you have, sit in the gunner['s seat, then hit "f"ire.

And then watch, maby with a touch of maniacal laughter, as little zombie bits fly everywhere (Mwahahahaha!)

Maniacal laughter is mandatory. XP

wierd, more damaged tank is faster than intact one

Hmm. No idea if broken parts have less weight, but that would do it. Especially if the treads are partially FUBAR. XP

I love this mod and it’s now on my mandatory list. The tanks themselves are implemented about as well as they could be in Cata’s current engine, and they’re an absolutely amazing source of salvage.

Ah, tanks very much (huehuehue).

I had hoped that the implementation would look nice. As the self-propelled howitzer might demonstrate, the vehicle mechanics don’t translate as well into anything resembling a conventional tank floorplan, whereas the other major tanks show a design that looks better in Cataclysm style. XP

Also ponder that autocannon idea. Whether to add a new IFV, or see if I can overwritte the MICs…

Autocannons would be nice, yes.
Tank museums for random encountering might also be nice, and possible a place to dump lower-calibre tank guns in (autocannons too).

Just something I thought up not too long ago.