Taaanks [Merged]

Hmm. So long as the primer is physically interchangeable between the different standard main guns for American armor, and assuming it’s actually removable, then that bodes well for future addition of crude handloads. o3o

EDIT: PR is trimmed down due to added complexity, content can be beefed up later on.

o/[sup]~[/sup] Taaaanks for the memories o/[sup]~[/sup] :wink:

Could we get some “modern” IFVs from the 40s?
Ones that are smaller and rely more on AI run systems than crew?
Can’t be sure, but the trend is towards mobility & firepower instead of moving bunkers that are hell to depoy and maintain.

Maybe, though it seems like the vanilla mechanized infantry carrier is meant to be this, even if it’s a tad silly. The only futuristic innovation relative to the basic APC is…charging stations. They even both have security cameras. >.>

However, slapping turrets on a more compact, possibly tracked version of the APC could work. Even then it seems like the game’s APCs DO represent this implied trend to dial APCs back towards being fancy transport instead of makeshift tanks. XP

I found one of your mobile gun systems with five jerry cans filled with diesel in the back and a decent battery. Very nice, except the .50 cal doesn’t seem to be hooked up. It’s attached, but isn’t available in the list of configurable or usable turrets. The 120mm cannon is nice, can’t seem to hit anything with it when I aim it manually, but when I set it to auto it can devastate.
I also spotted one of your tanks as part of a wreckage pile. looted some 120 HEAT shells from it to feed my own beast.

Tanks are grrrreat!
Too bad the only “tank” to go against is the tankdrone.
Don’t suppouse we’ll see NPCs armored vehicles driven by NPCs in near future…
Now that you have tanks maybe adding means to blow em up, like some beefy AT-missiles/rockets or maybe enen 125 mm AT-gun from old Soviet Union?

[quote=“saltmummy626, post:65, topic:10047”]I found one of your mobile gun systems with five jerry cans filled with diesel in the back and a decent battery. Very nice, except the .50 cal doesn’t seem to be hooked up. It’s attached, but isn’t available in the list of configurable or usable turrets. The 120mm cannon is nice, can’t seem to hit anything with it when I aim it manually, but when I set it to auto it can devastate.
I also spotted one of your tanks as part of a wreckage pile. looted some 120 HEAT shells from it to feed my own beast.[/quote]

Most of the vehicle guns are manual yes. That’s a big thing Vehicle Additions Pack did. The exceptions are the .50 cal on the atomic mini-tank, and the main gun on the mobile gun system.

And more anti-tank weapons might be interesting, yes. Hmm.

maybe add 25mm auto cannon and IFV?

I was sorely tempted to do that, though just adding the 105mm cannon prompted objections. >.>

Surely thou are adding KPV?
14.5 mm of joy to western light vehicles.

Then again, an autocannon would be an interesting niche, whereas moar main guns was apparently redundant.

Will work on more ideas if/when part 3 is merged. owo

You should also add some really big plasma-/lasercannon for your nuclear tank.

That would be amusing, but then again it’s more like a futuristic take on the tankette… XP

laser tank maybe its good idea, futuristic replacement of WWII flamethower tanks

Then again, we have the Rivtech flamethrower, so a classic flamethrower tankette would be interesting. Or one could replace the M2 Browning with a comparable energy weapon.

Tanks, you are full of delicious loot. My rifles are grateful.

Thank you to SilverDragon for accidentally uncovering an error I missed. Some entries in the vehicle groups referencing a “howitizer” instead of the howitzer. Fixing in the Series 3 PR, and will be updating the dropbox’d version.

Im skilled at breaking things :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m the one that broke it, you just uncovered it for me. <3

I’m the one that broke it, you just uncovered it for me. <3[/quote]
Heh, also i have to say, love the dwarf fortress image, gotta devour that fun!